PDA

View Full Version : Predators [2010]

mr. nails
03-14-2010, 09:25 PM
yeah, i'll be at the theatre for this one. i enjoy anything alien/predator so i'm NOT gonna miss this.

this is supposed to be a prequel to the 1987 smash hit with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

HERE (http://www.predators-movie.com) is a sneak peak at the upcoming movie scheduled to hit july 9th!

2010 Predators Trailer

N2jJOy8rzog

1987 Predator Trailer

w-d8-t3W6Ac

1990 Predator 2 Trailer

3v4GHqyU8bs

db_la_23
03-15-2010, 01:50 AM
wow cant wait for this

Darth Sushi
03-15-2010, 01:55 AM
As long as Danny Glover is NOT in this one. UUUGG, the 2nd one was just horrible!

IdolEyes787
03-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Some interesting casting choices and Rodriguez on occasion has shown ( if he doesn't fall in love with the CG) that he can deliver a mean action scene.
My only worries are that it is set on an entirely different planet which sort of negates a lot of the original's appeal and that Topher Grace hasn't been cast in the obvious Paul Reiser Aliens role.

Here's a bit more of the plot

"Five elite warriors from a variety of backgrounds wake up in a strange locale. They learn that each was a member of an elite killing force. Black ops, Yakuza, Special Forces, etc. Quickly they realize, they're not on Earth anymore. You get the feeling something could be hunting them.
They meet a character has been living on this planet for a while. He is wearing various 'gear' that is of alien origin. Like the Predators he is able to cloak himself . He'll tell them that they smell wrong, that they're too loud. He'll tell them that "THEY" will find them fast"

Well it probably doesn't take a lot to imagine what happens after that.

mr. nails
04-24-2010, 03:12 PM
moved trailer to 1st post.

napalm1773
04-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Seems good, cant wait to check it out!

megabyteme
04-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Anyone know what it will be rated? Predator movies NEED to be Rated R, or they are kinda lame. That's what ruined AVP.

If this is made for adults, it will be good; if it is for the kids, it'll be lame...

IdolEyes787
04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Anyone know what it will be rated? Predator movies NEED to be Rated R, or they are kinda lame. That's what ruined AVP.
If this is made for adults, it will be good; if it is for the kids, it'll be lame...

Explain Predator 2 then,but to answer your question

from imdb

Rated R for strong graphic violence and language.
Violence & Gore
Graphic R Rated Sci-Fi violence is expected

and

During the Repo Men junket Predators star Alice Braga had a lot to say about the upcoming Nimrod Antal film Predators produced by Robert Rodriguez, and our man Nomad was on the scene to bring you a taste.

In terms of the film's rating Braga, who plays a sniper with the heaviest gun on the set, says that it would be really hard for Predators to get the much feared amongst the fanbase PG13 rating because "the film is so dark".
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/36323/alice-braga-talks-predators-rating-and-more

megabyteme
04-29-2010, 12:02 PM
The R rating does not guarantee a good movie by any means, but Predator (and Alien) movies are rooted in violence, and gore at their core. To soften that, is to weaken the central draw.

As for P2...I would say the concept of inner-city gangs was good. However, the casting was was way off. Glover was a poor choice. Busey is terrible in everything. And Paxton (only marginally memorable) is a good enough actor, just did not belong in that movie.

Look at the first Predator- the "weakest" character was Carl Weathers.

IdolEyes787
04-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Why didn't you just say you were racist in the first place?

PS Carl Weathers may well be "a character " but he wasn't one in Predator.
PPS I don't totally disagree on Dillon being the worst character ( if that's what you meant) but other than the Predator, Blain ( Jesse Ventura ) and the hot chick in the tank-top ( or maybe just the tank-top) it's pretty much a dead heat between everyone else.
PPPS the best Alien movie was the second one and it had the least graphic violence or there.:eyebrows:

I have some more comments on what works and what doesn't work in Alien/Predator movies but I've run out of Ps.

Burnsy
04-29-2010, 02:30 PM
I didn't realise this was due for release... I've been away too long :lol:

Looks semi decent too :)

Darth Sushi
04-29-2010, 03:36 PM
...Look at the first Predator- the "weakest" character was Carl Weathers.

I would disagree and place Jean-Claude Van Damme as the weakest link:

Van Damme in Predator?

In 1987, Jean-Claude Van Damme landed the gig as the monster in Predator but it quickly went sour when he incurred the legendary wrath of 'Uberproducer' Joel Silver. By Van Damme's account, Silver fired him because he dared to speak out about a stunt that would have been unsafe in the cumbersome creature suit. True to Van Damme's screen form, he wraps up the episode of revenge-fantasy catharsis: another actor was brought in to do the stunt and busted his ankle, after which the costume was redesigned. ("That's obviously Jean-Claude making up stories," a spokesman for Silver Pictures said bemusedly, insisting there were no injuries, no safety lapses and only mininal "uncomfortableness" with the suit.)

But according to an interview with director John McTiernan, one appearance of the Predator was played by Jean-Claude Van Damme in a special effects suit. Van Damme quit after two days, apparently unhappy with being cast as an uncredited special effect. The alien was scrapped, redesigned and was eventually played by 7'2" Kevin Peter Hall, who sadly died in April 1991.

megabyteme
04-29-2010, 08:43 PM
I would disagree and place Jean-Claude Van Damme as the weakest link

Sorry, I thought we were talking about the actors. :D

I heard Claudette got too hot in the suit and (nearly) passed out. Good thing they replaced him, I don't think a balerina-predator would have been so fear inspiring.

It would have given a new meaning to the line, "What the HELL are you?!!!"

doldrum
05-03-2010, 06:39 AM
This is having the same story, difference only is high definition.

mr. nails
05-18-2010, 05:17 PM
something to watch for 23 mins.

AvP: Redemption
(cost $500 to make)

Part: 1

J0nLUYFc0H4

Part: 2

hPuinM90FAI

Part: 3

CuAmewvf3wY

gamer_addict
05-25-2010, 01:25 PM
nice movie

mr. nails
07-09-2010, 07:47 AM
so, uh... yeah. this movie was horrible. the acting was non-existent and the dialog was, "oh fuck! wtf?! and /scream noise." pretty horrible. SO MUCH SAMPLING taken from the first movie in this. if u thought AvP1 had no gore or blood this one is just as bad, but i liked AvP1. i liked predator 1 and 2. i also liked alien 1 and 2. so, i'm guessing there will be no more of either franchise worth a shit? that's too bad. my hopes weren't high for this, but i did want it to be at least 1/2 decent. morpheus' role was pretty pointless in this too and to top it off the trailers before the movie even started were bad. at least the beer was good. boring. 1/10

Halogen
07-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Aw crap, I was hoping this one would turn out OK at least.. :'( Seems like Hollywood is incapable of making anything half decent of ANY franchise nowadays.

Darth Sushi
07-10-2010, 12:26 PM
1st rule of a sequel is: don't be the last! :D It's still better than Jaws - the Revenge, which isn't much of a endorsement. This is a movie you just pirate and burn on a rewritable disc because you'll never watch it again. :D

muc147
07-12-2010, 04:41 PM
It needs to be full of action like the original predator
but im sure no one can match arnolds action
lived the original

Asterix
07-20-2010, 02:05 PM
seems really a good movie but i wait a good quality for this movie