PDA

View Full Version : Banned from RevTT

cyber2000nans
03-15-2010, 04:20 AM
Its official. I have been banned from REVTT for inviting a memeber of this forum that was in a banned territory. How can i protect my self from people like this? Obviously , i should never invite people to a website that i dont know that well. but how can i verify myself if a person has been previously banned or is in a banned territory? Is there a special blacklist i should know about? I really enjoyed being a memeber of REVTT and i tried really hard to keep my account ratio high and i also donated money. Its a shame that i am now bannished for life (or least thats what they told me at IRC) i want to make sure that i never make a mistake like this again. I would never intentionally comromise a private website. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

X-Files
03-15-2010, 04:25 AM
ask them from what country they are..
tell them its no need for them to lie..
because if they continue to singup from a ban country, THEY WILL GET BAN ALSO!
so why wanna lie?

Cabalo
03-15-2010, 04:26 AM
I've created the following thread to help users in situations like yours.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-90/t-how-to-do-a-proper-giveaway-390358

PancakeWaffles
03-15-2010, 04:26 AM
Speedtests will usually state country if you pay attention.

pone44
03-15-2010, 04:56 AM
Op if you enjoyed the site so much then why trade it away or try to?

Its official. I really enjoyed being a memeber of REVTT and i tried really hard to keep my account ratio high and i also donated money. Its a shame that i am now bannished for life (or least thats what they told me at IRC) i want to make sure that i never make a mistake like this again. I would never intentionally comromise a private website. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks
:rolleyes:

nanner
03-15-2010, 05:19 AM
yup require a speedtest, that should tell you.

Quarterquack
03-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Go tell the staff you had no idea he was in a banned range/he had told you otherwise. If they still refuse and continue to run a nazi-regime, I see no harm in filing a paypal buyer dispute. Paypal is strictly buyer-favored so as soon as you do it, your money is back to you.

Your account is gone anyway, no harm in a chargeback.

TP635
03-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Are you syre you were banned for inviting a user from a banned country, and not for trading?
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-have-rev-tt-an-ip-torrents-398881

executioner
03-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Sorry Wrong Thread.

X-Files
03-15-2010, 01:24 PM
I have another suggestion. Trade your FTN for my RevTT invite. I give u 2! Discount! :D

tippertime
03-15-2010, 02:18 PM
haha...was just about to tell you to PM me your revtt user name until I read your other posts :lol:

nanner
03-15-2010, 02:21 PM
yup perma ban for inviting banned countries.

anon
03-15-2010, 05:59 PM
but how can i verify myself if a person has been previously banned or is in a banned territory? Is there a special blacklist i should know about?

RevTT bans the following countries:

Brazil, Egypt, India, Israel, Pakistan, Portugal, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Turkey

Next time you invite someone from here, you could ask him (or a Moderator here) which country he's from, and do a search to see if the tracker bans it.

BABBY
03-15-2010, 06:09 PM
i really dont think that u are banned for inviting a person who was from banned county. i am really suprised.

I myself invited one person from a banned country, his account was disabled, but i was not banned.
I did not know the rules at that time as they were new.
I myself belong to a banned country.
I really cannot understand.

tippertime
03-15-2010, 09:36 PM
yeah, they are not banning the inviters for that, I am sure he got banned for being a trader:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-looking-to-trade-323979

cyber2000nans
03-16-2010, 04:08 AM
thank all of you for your help. i know now what to do when sending invites to people. Although i have been a member of this forum for since 2008 and i have been on the torrent scene since 06, i still have much to learn, especially about the private sector. After reading up, i understand that rev TT would of banned me for trading invites anyway. I guess trading invites a violation for most hard to get sites. Even though the mods at rev tt told me they banned me for sending an invite to banned region, they would of banned me for trading. I deserved getting banned from revtt for violating their policy's, i will not attempt to get back in nor will i attempt to get the money i donated back (revtt deserved every penny of it!) I will never trade an invite again. I guess the rule of thumb is to try to get in to special sites via give away. I have gained some valuable knowledge these past couple days and i am glad to say that i will be doing my best to be a productive member in the torrent world. thanks again to all of you, much appreciated!!!

Quarterquack
03-16-2010, 03:45 PM
thank all of you for your help. i know now what to do when sending invites to people. Although i have been a member of this forum for since 2008 and i have been on the torrent scene since 06, i still have much to learn, especially about the private sector. After reading up, i understand that rev TT would of banned me for trading invites anyway. I guess trading invites a violation for most hard to get sites. Even though the mods at rev tt told me they banned me for sending an invite to banned region, they would of banned me for trading. I deserved getting banned from revtt for violating their policy's, i will not attempt to get back in nor will i attempt to get the money i donated back (revtt deserved every penny of it!) I will never trade an invite again. I guess the rule of thumb is to try to get in to special sites via give away. I have gained some valuable knowledge these past couple days and i am glad to say that i will be doing my best to be a productive member in the torrent world. thanks again to all of you, much appreciated!!!

Don't beg your way through giveaways. Make some friends. The whole protocol is based on file sharing, so get to know the people you're sharing your files with. Hang out in IRC, make jokes in forums etc. Over time people will get to know you and will invite you to wherever they see you'll be a good member. There's no rush to get "in to special sites" just always be happy with where you are and let the good times roll. Good luck, otherwise. :)

cyber2000nans
03-17-2010, 03:41 AM
Thanks , will do.