PDA

View Full Version : DigiCube.fr warning

Thelen
03-15-2010, 10:12 AM
As I have posted in a few other thread, avoid DigiCube unless you want to get shafted even worse than OVH 10Mbit shaping.

We trialed them for 3 weeks on 2 of the basic server and was getting ok speeds, 30Mbit average for that time, but when we moved into the Gbit server, it was terrible.

We bought over 3k euro worth during the few weeks, and not only have they literally taken a month to even give us 3/4 of our server, they've automatically shaped every to 20MBit FLAT, even though we haven't even done 1TB on any but the first 2 testing!

Long story short, if you go with them on the cheapest server, as alternative to kimsufi cheap, don't expect much more BW than you'd get with kimsufi, and there is a huge chance to get less.

If anyone wants more details feel free to ask!

I don't intend this as advertising (and in fact some people probably will be turned AWAY from our services by this fiasco), but just need to warn anyone else out there before they spend money..

phauk
03-15-2010, 10:14 PM
I could have told you that.

DigiCube only allow 1TB (incoming+outgoing) bandwidth per week, also, the support is terrible

you're better to pick another company, as ovh sucks now too, and their 100Mbps boxes are faster than the 1Gbps (EG Series) in most users opinions.

Stick to countries that have good peering/low latency.

NL & DE are the best.

Thelen
03-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Well we did testing as I said, and did far more than 1TB in a week. so....

OVH EG still pwns the 100Mbit servers, at least dedicated does, it probably doesn't so much for shared seedbox, but definitely dedicated.

There are some ok providers in NL and DE but the problem is getting one with good peeing with OVH.

Glitterstep
03-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Exactly,Im suffering right now(have shared a Digicube.fr dedi with my friends and the speeds are capped.. ):angry:

Thelen
03-16-2010, 05:48 AM
Glittstep, which server or whatever are you on? We are looking at how to help even the other Digi refugees, who have gotten shafted as well.

How long have you had it etc?

Glitterstep
03-16-2010, 05:57 AM
DigiCube Gbit in stock (1 LEFT)

* Athlon Triple-Core, 8GB RAM, 3x500GB, 1Gbit, NO SETUP FEE, Unlimited Bandwidth.

This is the first time we tried it out,and i am really disappointed with the speeds atm.
Not been more than 10 days.

OmarH
03-16-2010, 11:45 AM
yeah im capped at 2,3mb/s, i can clearly see it the graph in the console.
thank god i only have 1 month left with them!

i got the standard digilarge btw

Dimas
03-16-2010, 03:48 PM
They arent traffic series so the bandwidth has low priority

phauk
03-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Well we did testing as I said, and did far more than 1TB in a week. so....

OVH EG still pwns the 100Mbit servers, at least dedicated does, it probably doesn't so much for shared seedbox, but definitely dedicated.

There are some ok providers in NL and DE but the problem is getting one with good peeing with OVH.

If you supposidly resell .uk - why do you not read? I can tell you from experience the KS and SP servers send 2/3x as fast on the same torrent as the 1Gbps does.

Read -> forums.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3581

A few hundred customers can't be wrong ;) As for your last post in the 'liars who sell seedboxes' you made yourself look like a kid who is arrogant and knows nothing - and you have just confirmed it this post too!

kjp
03-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Do they offer some additional add on for $$$ per month for unlimited bandwidth?

Thelen
03-17-2010, 02:21 PM
If you supposidly resell .uk - why do you not read? I can tell you from experience the KS and SP servers send 2/3x as fast on the same torrent as the 1Gbps does.

Read -> forums.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3581

A few hundred customers can't be wrong ;) As for your last post in the 'liars who sell seedboxes' you made yourself look like a kid who is arrogant and knows nothing - and you have just confirmed it this post too!

I can also tell YOU from experience you are full of shit. My 7 Gbit EG BestOf09 transfer at worst case 40MB/s down, 20MB/s up, while I've seen 90MB/s+ on direct SCP/FTP/WGET as per next lines:
XXXXX:/home# scp XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXXX:/home/XXXXXXXXXXX/data/Caprica.S01E07.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU.mkv ./
XXXXXXXXX@XXXXXXXXXx's password:
Caprica.S01E07.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU.mkv 100% 1118MB 46.6MB/s 00:24

I can also tell from Joshua @ Feral's experience it is also true and he has over 100 Gbit EG BestOf's... Sure, when you stick 10 people on a Gbit box, it will possibly transfer slower than 4 people on a 100Mbit, but that is purely to do with load and nothing to do with the box.

As to your link, I don't see any OVH officials commenting on it, so seems silly to trust the comments of the technically inept.