PDA

View Full Version : Best HD Releases

Swift
03-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Wich one are the best HD Blu-ray 720p x264 releases on the net ? And maybe where can I find the best ones ?

trueplay
03-15-2010, 01:40 PM
From what I have heard blu-ray is no better than HD is that true?

bluju
03-15-2010, 04:13 PM
hdbits is the beginning and end of that story.

Romain
03-15-2010, 08:27 PM
+1.. hdbits the best.

sake
03-15-2010, 08:56 PM
hdbits is the beginning and end of that story.

:D:D Yeah

Quarterquack
03-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Just grab sources. There will never be a higher quality than a proper flawless source. No arguments about groups, no arguments about shitty bitrate encodes, no problems mainly. :)

Not that HDBits isn't great, I love the place to death, it just makes more sense to grab a source if you're looking for quality. It's like mp3/FLAC; but here it's encode/source.

Lucifer9999
03-15-2010, 10:03 PM
ctrlhd+esir (hdbits), wiki (hdchina), don(few, on bithdtv are some..), chd (chdbits), hidt+eureka (hd-torrents), sinners+cinefille (scenehd), hdbrise(hd-torrents.ro)....................... those are in my list to be the best...!! :)

of course untouched sources is ideal, but we have to consider that many of us have limitations concerning hd space and internet connectivity... personally, with a 500 GB harddrive and 1mb upload speed, i couldn't afford to download those....

Quarterquack
03-15-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm not saying I'm a complete source addict, either. Some times some ESiR/CtrlHD encodes are transparent, and I will always grab those, a nice 30gb difference that can be used for another movie. However, most of the time they aren't, and for sources, any tracker or NZB is good enough.

You don't need to get into an HD tracker just to get good quality media. If you're looking for quality alone, definitely don't look into trackers at all, it will be a massive waste of time, and most of the time your ratio will take a hit every time you download a source (30+gbs and those aren't even for big movies/releases).

kukushka
03-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Just grab sources. There will never be a higher quality than a proper flawless source. No arguments about groups, no arguments about shitty bitrate encodes, no problems mainly. :)

Not that HDBits isn't great, I love the place to death, it just makes more sense to grab a source if you're looking for quality. It's like mp3/FLAC; but here it's encode/source.
sources can also be quite different.. sometimes us releases have about 1.5 higher bitrate than chinese, like it was with pandorum. different quality of audio tracks can also be important thing
...and if you're in russia and once in a while after bad bottle of vodka you'll decide to go and buy some officially released bluray, you can get shit like this one (right couple of screenshots)
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2722938

2OP - only one general rule - internal releases are better than scene ones... and then - chinese guys are usually faster, chd (chdbits) and wiki (hdchina) are the first to mention i think

Supervisor
03-15-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm not saying I'm a complete source addict, either. Some times some ESiR/CtrlHD encodes are transparent, and I will always grab those, a nice 30gb difference that can be used for another movie. However, most of the time they aren't, and for sources, any tracker or NZB is good enough.

You don't need to get into an HD tracker just to get good quality media. If you're looking for quality alone, definitely don't look into trackers at all, it will be a massive waste of time, and most of the time your ratio will take a hit every time you download a source (30+gbs and those aren't even for big movies/releases).

I'm not familiar with NZB at all. Though I'm starting to believe I should do exactly that, grab the source and end of the story. Though I have one question, how big is NZB's collection? Or if Big is not the right term, is NZB somehow a better source to grab Blurays than HDB for example, and if so why?

Lucifer9999
03-15-2010, 10:42 PM
some bluray are simply not good!!! for example, 1994 stargate movie!! i downloaded this movie in 6 versions of 720p (including scene one), each ~8 gb, .. thay are all too grainy because the source was kind of shitty....

hotshot6473
03-15-2010, 10:53 PM
grain is good for HD.