PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne And Max Payne 2

Triadcool
10-22-2003, 08:58 PM
Please post all news, tips, and questions regarding installation, hashes, patches, and mods here.

abu_has_the_power
10-22-2003, 09:34 PM
there's not many . cuz it's pretty straight forward install and dl.

Pitbul
10-22-2003, 09:58 PM
this game is to easy to need tips or anything else. the only part i got stuck at was so obvious i overlooked it.

SniperInTheShadows
10-22-2003, 10:50 PM
Well, this isn't a tip for installing Max Payne 2, but it's a tip anyway and hope it count's in your request for tips etc :-)

Add the following to the end of the games shortcut :

-developer

: then ingame press the tilde key ( ` ) to bring up the console and type one of the following :

Code - Effect

coder - God Mode, All Weapons & Infinite Ammo
help - List all codes

: Note - After entering the "coder" code, press the tilde key twice to remove the line that appears on the right side of the screen

Enjoy :-)

Sniper.

toddiscool
10-22-2003, 10:55 PM
Ok here is one, this is from ugkuk on another forum.

here's how to get the nude model yourself: 

If you want Mona Sax in Max Payne 2 naked do this:
1) Make a shortcut to the game's exe file.
2) Change the Target field to this: "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Max Payne 2\MaxPayne2.exe" -developerkeys -screenshot
3) Start a new game or load one you have saved.
4) Use PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN to scroll through models. You will get Nude Mona quicker if you use PAGE UP.
5) Pressing F3 will allow you to move the camera around freely. Press F3 again to set the camera and regain control of your character.
6) Pressing F10 will make a screen shot in your Max Payne 2 directory.
7) Try not to jerk it too hard.

Thought that was a good tip!

abu_has_the_power
10-22-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by toddiscool@22 October 2003 - 22:55

2) Change the Target field to this: "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Max Payne 2\MaxPayne2.exe" -developerkeys -screenshot
4) Use PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN to scroll through models. You will get Nude Mona quicker if you use PAGE UP.
5) Pressing F3 will allow you to move the camera around freely. Press F3 again to set the camera and regain control of your character.

omg, thanks man. i'm so trying this tonite

cpt_azad
10-23-2003, 02:12 AM
:lol:

Jay
10-23-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by toddiscool@22 October 2003 - 23:55

dont think that one is gonna be as popular as the nude lara one

Triadcool
10-23-2003, 08:02 PM
dont think that one is gonna be as popular as the nude lara one

I agree.

DWk
10-23-2003, 08:28 PM
Matrix mod for MP 1....the best

DWk

RedRival
10-23-2003, 08:41 PM
can anyone host this files here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=76050) for me so I can download them.

Would you be so kind as to do something like that, anyone?? :)

muchspl2
10-23-2003, 08:46 PM
if you have all the rars in one folder, you should be able to open the torrent to the file and it will check the files then download any you dont have

make sure you copy all the files you do have in case the torrent has different files than what you have, it will save you going throu and finding the ones you do have vs the empty one from the torrent

RedRival
10-23-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@23 October 2003 - 21:46
if you have all the rars in one folder, you should be able to open the torrent to the file and it will check the files then download any you dont have

make sure you copy all the files you do have in case the torrent has different files than what you have, it will save you going throu and finding the ones you do have vs the empty one from the torrent
i never used torrent to download those rars, will it still work?

muchspl2
10-23-2003, 09:21 PM
yes, but like I said make a copy of the folder, so when you open up the torrent and its not the same, you don't have to figure out witch is from the torrent(empty rar's) and the complete rar's (the ones you already got)
the find a torrent that has it rared, to do that you need to get torrent spy, it will tell you how the files are, but most are rared

if it starts at 0% then just cancel and delete the whole folder then start all over again with a different torrent (you will have to copy your original folder again like stated above)
see when you open up a torrent to your folder with your completed rar's, it will check the files and download the missing rar files

RedRival
10-23-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@23 October 2003 - 21:46

thanks for the advice muchsp2, i jumped to 70% right up because i Had most of the files and I'm going at 7kb/sec but for some reason bt can never fully connect properly with peers and i'm always stuck at low end speeds such as now. But I'm happy since I didn't even haf sources for the files before.

EDIT: PFFT, it's UPLOADING at 7kb/sec and downloading at 0kb/sec, how long will it take for me to reach a decent speed??? :(

muchspl2
10-23-2003, 09:35 PM
try this client, it will tell you if your firewalled or behind a router, and the best all around client
http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/download.html

if your using xp it has a built in firewall, of if your behind a router need to open ports

RedRival
10-25-2003, 05:00 AM
I'm currently using bt to get the remaining file so what I did was made a replica of what BT would do when it uses torrent.

I splt all my rars into CD1 and CD2 and place the nfo outside this 2 folders. Okay, it works fine, the torrent verifies the data and immdiately I have finished downloading 72%.

So I used this torrent, and I used it till about 86.2% completed, then for some reason I woke up today and found it has stopeed downloading there. It's constipated at that point and nothing was going on.

So i cancelled it and went back to suprnova.org and downloaded the same torrent and I tried opening it and I get this error:

ERROR(11.44am) -
Problem connecting to tracker - <(urlopen error (10061 , Connection Refused&#39;)>

I got pissed since I&#39;m so near completing it because the time left states I only have 5hrs left.

So I went back to Suprnova.org and find another torrent that has exactly the same characteristics by was released by #bt-gm and the previous one from torrentbits. When I loaded up the #bt-gm one, it only says I have 72% completed.

Everything looks the same size 1500mb, but when I load it up I only got 72% completed meaning nothing was downloaded :P. The files are arranged differently I expect...

Anyways, how do I resolve the error I&#39;m having above and better still why am I only getting 72% complete on a similar file but different torrent?

RedRival
10-25-2003, 05:06 AM
well actually it&#39;s 76% complete on the other torrent...

I don&#39;t mind redownloading that 10% just as long that my rars won&#39;t be corrupt once it&#39;s finished.

You tink it&#39;s wise to use this torrent or should I wait till the other download?