PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with Rapidshare, please help!

clocksworth
03-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Hey Everyone,

I just signed up for rapidshare premium last night because i had finally found the music collection i need for a project i am working on. I am somewhat familiar with torrenting, but i have never used any of these direct download sites like rapidshare before. Here is the music libraries i was hoping to download:

*link removed* - please read the rules.

Before i signed up i was able to download the .txt file associated with all the music libraries that shows the rapidshare links to each .rar file and for what CD. However in the half hour it took me to sign up for rapidshare premium and get a downloader (flashget) organized, it appears the content had been taken down under suspicion of illegal sharing. I could not believe it.

Is there anything that can be done to get around this? I see that the same file is hosted on a few other direct download sites, but they look a lot sketchier. also, if their just hosting the information that all links back to rapidshare, i guess it wouldn't do me any good? I've already contacted the person who uploaded the file and asked them what the deal is, but no response yet. Any advice on what i can do?

Remember im new to this whole thing, so you may have to get into some fundamentals if you need to explain anything. Also if i have done anything stupid in my process that could be done better please let me know. thank you so much!

- Clocksworth

iJazz
03-17-2010, 09:42 PM
They are probably gone, many sketchy sites link to Rapidshare and try to make you sign up with them first.

adewolves
03-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Rapidshare is a pain in the ass, as the above poster said they'll take ya money and then what you want aint there. There's loads more options out there, especially for music, and very easy options as well.

atrwz
03-19-2010, 07:42 AM
first you need to change download manager.
IDM is far more better.
second if the files has taken down from RS you cant do anything about that.
the only thing that you can do is to wait the uploader to re-up the content or find new links from another uploader.

freak12345
04-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Rapidshare is a pain in the ass, as the above poster said they'll take ya money and then what you want aint there. There's loads more options out there, especially for music, and very easy options as well.

I hear ya man, I'm also one of those ex-rapidshare premium users that stopped subscribing due to the new cap limits that they have imposed on their subscribers...

Z3RO
04-17-2010, 09:58 PM
This will get you started...

Program needed -- Jdownloader

Best sites -- RSLinks, WarezBB, tehparadox

When using RSLinks open "page source" to find the links that you can copy for use in Jdownloader

If you have any issues PM me and I will help

anon
04-17-2010, 10:00 PM
If you have any issues PM me and I will help

That will have to wait until you have PMing privileges :happy: (15 days and 20 posts)

Z3RO
04-17-2010, 10:07 PM
on a side note and this is IMO...

Rapidshare is best for movies, tv shows and programs. When it comes to music private torrent trackers are the best, much better quality.

I have been a RS user for years now and have completely kicked my cable tv habit thanks to sites like RSLinks. It may cost you $80 a year but if you can not subscribe to cable tv you will save $60+ a month.

Also there are many options for viewing things that you DL on a modern (LCD) tv. You can hook a Mac/PC up to it, stream to a PS3 or even get a appletv/boxee box (when it comes out).

I personally have two macbooks (ebony and ivory) that I use to do this. Ebony is my main laptop and Ivory is hooked to my LCD TV. I use apples remote desktop app to control Ivory from Ebony. It works great!!

WontonNoodle
04-24-2010, 06:24 PM
or... you can get into a HD tracker and not pay 80$ and get TV and Movies in 720P/1080P.

AceofSpace
04-25-2010, 04:11 AM
Yeah, I gave up on rapidshare just stick with trackers... its not worth paying and getting bad service from rapidshare.