PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox providers for US customers

Eraser
03-17-2010, 06:07 AM
I had few different seedbox providers in past 3 months and with most of them I had issues with server connections, FTP connections or similar. There was always something.

I understand that things happen once in a while, but it is obvious that we US customers have to deal with this much more often than anyone else…or that’s just me? :dabs:

At the end I end up signing up with someone new. Price range is $20-$50/month.

The only reliable provider for now is Dentoo which speeds are good and connection is great.

I am interested in your opinion on this and which seedbox do you use with no issues stated above?

PerMaFrOsT
03-17-2010, 07:12 AM
I donīt use any US seedbox because Iīm european but in my case I donīt offer seedbox services on US servers because clients usually uses trackers with a lot of european leechers and the speed arenīt good than an OVH/Server.lu/Netdirekt box so they donīt buy more than one month (Using FDC servers which have top quality bandwidth in USA) i think i must question: Which itīs more important for you Down speed from the Box to your house or UP speed from the Box to europe??

Anyway, which type of seedbox are you looking for 50$??

Sanka113
03-17-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm not sure why you're having problems connecting, but in terms of speed you can check out this thread (or search for similar ones) here http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-seedbox-discussion-154/t-ftp-speed-is-slow-from-ovh-seedbox-reason-313576/page2

Eraser
03-17-2010, 08:35 AM
I think $50 is the limit for me.

Down speed to my house is not that important but with 500kb/s - 1mb speed...I would be happy. (but not 10kb/s)

UP speed from box to users is more important. I really did not have issues on this one.

Speed is not issue here. Connection to the server is my big problem.

With seedhost, I had problem with downloading files to my computer.
The speeds were 10kb/s. They could not fix it.

With seedplace, I am having problem with server connection in general. NOMACHINE client keeps crushing after several

minutes being connected, and that causes utorrent to shut down which makes torrents not runing. Its giving me some kind

of error. When i try to connect again, "connection timeout" error shows up. For past 4 hours, I was able to connect 2-

times to the server.

(currently seedplace admin is working on that to resolve the issue)

PerMaFrOsT
03-17-2010, 09:21 AM
I think $50 is the limit for me.

Down speed to my house is not that important but with 500kb/s - 1mb speed...I would be happy. (but not 10kb/s)

UP speed from box to users is more important. I really did not have issues on this one.

Speed is not issue here. Connection to the server is my big problem.

With seedhost, I had problem with downloading files to my computer.
The speeds were 10kb/s. They could not fix it.
The low speed on your FTP transfer itīs a problem of the bad peerings that OVH have to US.

With seedplace, I am having problem with server connection in general. NOMACHINE client keeps crushing after several

minutes being connected, and that causes utorrent to shut down which makes torrents not runing. Its giving me some kind

of error. When i try to connect again, "connection timeout" error shows up. For past 4 hours, I was able to connect 2-

times to the server.

(currently seedplace admin is working on that to resolve the issue)
Thatīs a problem of the NX installation, seedplace admin will resolve that quickly ;)

Thelen
03-17-2010, 02:23 PM
We are doing a deal with FDC to get VPS @ Gbit speeds. $50 will probably get you somewhere around 1GB RAM, 200GB disk, and 20TB transfer.

The naysayers will think its a load of shit, listen to them if you want, but we'll also be able to offer trials once they are up and running in the next few weeks. We are putting together the money, as there is a shit load of setup ($700USD) per server, which is a fair bit >_<

Would be full dedicated, reboot port, even OS reinstall options etc.

PerMaFrOsT
03-17-2010, 03:02 PM
We are doing a deal with FDC to get VPS @ Gbit speeds. $50 will probably get you somewhere around 1GB RAM, 200GB disk, and 20TB transfer.

The naysayers will think its a load of shit, listen to them if you want, but we'll also be able to offer trials once they are up and running in the next few weeks. We are putting together the money, as there is a shit load of setup ($700USD) per server, which is a fair bit >_<

Why you donīt pay for advertising as the rest of the seedbox providers?? Donīt have more money for that??

usuck
03-17-2010, 04:46 PM

http://varsbox.com/plans pwnd

heiska
03-17-2010, 05:34 PM

http://varsbox.com/plans pwnd

No Gbit on varsbox, "pwnt".

usuck
03-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Look how much he wants to share the Digicube Servers... his FDC Servers will be so much overselled ^^ u can be lucky with 5MB/s avg speed

Thelen
03-18-2010, 04:18 AM
Why you donīt pay for advertising as the rest of the seedbox providers?? Donīt have more money for that??

Because we do? It is a matter of finding advertising that will work. For example, we don't want to advertise on forums filled with moronic teenage losers, since we don't want those for customers.

Look how much he wants to share the Digicube Servers... his FDC Servers will be so much overselled ^^ u can be lucky with 5MB/s avg speed

I'm sorry you think so. I'll try remember to link you to the free trial account once we get it up and running.

Then you'll see where your 5MB/s turns into 50MB/s ...

We are getting a refund on all the DigiCube servers, moving customers onto OVH or the VPS. Not one single person has been put onto one of those servers, they are all shaped and useless after all.

RastaMan
03-18-2010, 11:29 PM
we don't want to advertise on forums filled with moronic teenage losers

Wow.. Get over yourself. Your really winning clients here. So you finally found a forum for you to vent, tell others they don't know 'shit' as you say in other threads. In all fairness, your turning out to be a forum troll.

Thelen
03-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Well you are proving my point, simply by ignoring even just my sign up time. It is long before any mention of my hosting.

If my posts are trolling then so is 99% of the posts in this forum.

Though if it upsets you so much, I'll stop pointing out people are idiots and their posts rubbish if that will help you sleep at night :)

Vero
03-25-2010, 05:50 AM
We have some of our servers in America at http://www.tornadoget.com check the site or the sticky on FST for more details.