PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best version of Limewire to get

digmen1
03-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Hi Guys

I used to use Limewire a few years ago.
I want to use it again now.

What is the best version to get (free) and where is a good place to get it from please

anon
03-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Frostwire is the best I've tried back in the day. Note I wouldn't recommend using Limewire at all - use Ares if you want "traditional" point-and-click P2P software.

digmen1
03-17-2010, 11:03 PM
I use Ares, but find it so hard to install on a new machine, due to all the different versions, and the "Connecting" issues.

When you say you would not recommend a program, it would be great if you could say why !

anon
03-17-2010, 11:15 PM
I use Ares, but find it so hard to install on a new machine, due to all the different versions, and the "Connecting" issues.

The latest build fixes the connectivity issues. I took it for a test ride with a clean install and it was a matter of seconds before I was connected to the network.

When you say you would not recommend a program, it would be great if you could say why !

The Gnutella network (the one Limewire operates on) is full of fake files, search bots, malware and DRMed ad spam, that's why. Even if you only download MP3s there's a chance they'll either be unplayable (DRM), consist of just white noise, or just be filled with null characters. :dabs:

While the Ares network does suffer of fake files issues, it's on a much smaller scale, and they can be mostly avoided using common sense - if a result has 500+ sources a second after clicking "Search", it's a fake.

typeoholic
04-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I will second what anon-sbi said about Limewire. Not something I would recommend either; you should give Soulseek a try :)

J0KeR346
04-04-2010, 05:03 PM
i think older version is ok

Spamming
04-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I haven't used limewire in a while torrents from private tracker FTW

HokageNaruto
04-09-2010, 10:48 PM
I don't think there is much you can get on limewire that you can't get with torrents

anon
04-09-2010, 10:50 PM
if a result has 500+ sources a second after clicking "Search", it's a fake.

Just for the record, this no longer seems to be happening, at least for me.

Slickerey
04-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Why use Limewire when you can easily go to Warez-BB and get your music there? Sure, RapidShit might piss you off at times, but not everyone uploads their albums to that dreaded site. Other people just might be generous enough to upload their albums on sites like MediaFire.

anon
04-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Why use Limewire when you can easily go to Warez-BB and get your music there?

Getting a single track quickly? :unsure:

1987anderson
07-15-2010, 08:03 PM
none! i have found its better to use private trackers...