PDA

View Full Version : What.cd help - Disabled account

Jimmy24
03-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Hi all,

I'm posting here in hope of receiving some help with getting my what account back. I have already been to their irc disabled channel but the staffer that spoke to me in there treated me unfairly and with no respect, not giving me a chance to explain the situation.

Up until now I had a lot of respect for the what staff, but honestely this is BS and I'm annoyed with the whole situation. Building up a 60GB upload on there took me a year dammit!

If any staff are on here, could you please contact me.

Many thanks,

Quarterquack
03-18-2010, 02:22 AM
While if it's no help in your case, I'm happy that someone has had a similar experience as I have with What's staff.

X-Files
03-18-2010, 02:34 AM
What.cd has the most brilliant staff. I have bunch what.cd acc disabled :D
when i say bunch, i mean it :pinch:

Tv Controls you
03-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Typical what.cd garbage...

I feel your pain jimmy, but you have to realize your not dealing with humans when you enter their irc.
They disregard everything you say, and think they know everything. I don't even see the point in joining, if they won't take in to consideration that something else occurred...

Just out of curiosity which machine did you talk to on the irc?

Jimmy24
03-18-2010, 03:50 AM
I've had my account there disabled for inactivity once(had no internet for a while) and the admin that helped me was awesome and gladly let me back in. I guess it's just the luck of the draw as to which admin chooses to help you.

X-Files
03-18-2010, 04:17 AM
no u wrong, what it takes is telling them the truth, BE HONEST. they will just disabled yr invite privillage and reenable the acc

Quarterquack
03-18-2010, 04:41 AM
no u wrong, what it takes is telling them the truth, BE HONEST. they will just disabled yr invite privillage and reenable the acc

Uhh, I did tell them truth. Virtually all other trackers unbanned me except for What and another tracker that shall not be named.

Tv Controls you
03-18-2010, 01:53 PM

Its hard to be honest, when you have no clue as to why you are being banned.

anon
03-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Jimmy24, assuming your What.cd nick is the same one as here, just wait for WhatMan to see this thread and reply.

tippertime
03-18-2010, 06:44 PM
join waffles and never look back :)

ca_aok
03-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah, the tracker who banned members for speaking up about the Vuze ban clearly has more levelheaded hands on the banhammer :whistling

Personally I'm just going to grab some popcorn and wait for the inevitable hilarity of this thread to ensue.

Tv Controls you
03-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah, the tracker who banned members for speaking up about the Vuze ban clearly has more levelheaded hands on the banhammer :whistling

Personally I'm just going to grab some popcorn and wait for the inevitable hilarity of this thread to ensue.

No your waiting for a moderator to come and post some Bull shit statement that has no credibility.

*also there is a 47 page thread about the banning of vuze, that is still being continued, so I don't see how their trying to suppress people that oppose the ban. In addition...

There will be no more danger of losing your Waffles account for minor forum-related infractions (nonsense, trolling, off-topic meandering) though permanent posting bans may still be utilized.

You can only get banned for calling out staff or other members. So as long as you keep your rant against vuze civilized you should be fine.

Burnsy
03-19-2010, 12:47 AM

Its hard to be honest, when you have no clue as to why you are being banned.

Totally agree... if you genuinely don't know what you've done, it can be very frustrating to have someone you don't even know continually ask you to be honest... it's happened to me, and it all depends on which staff member you speak to and if they're going to be reasonable or not... unfortunately in this day and age staffers have so much shit to put up with and weed out that it can be easy for them to forget that there are genuinely some people out there who make the odd mistake unintentionally and not to 'test' the tracker or be trying to get away with something.

7th
03-19-2010, 01:12 AM
I'm starting to think that what's staff has some real problem... I just don't know "what" problem it could be =/

But we already have a small list of unhappy ex-users of that tracker... something must be wrong and I think the staff should "rethink" what's going wrong...

ca_aok
03-19-2010, 01:27 AM
No your waiting for a moderator to come and post some Bull shit statement that has no credibility.

*also there is a 47 page thread about the banning of vuze, that is still being continued, so I don't see how their trying to suppress people that oppose the ban. In addition...
Because we found out in your lovely thread that you had indeed broken their rules (admitted out of your own mouth), but are still acting like a little baby about it. I can think of plenty of similar threads to this in the past where it always turns out the OP was a trader/cheater who then gets owned when a staff member comes around. There was a funny one with an SCC account fairly recently. So personally, I'm just waiting around to see the sparks fly.

As for their 47 page thread, you can ask the folks in that thread who were disabled afterwards what they think.

There will be no more danger of losing your Waffles account for minor forum-related infractions (nonsense, trolling, off-topic meandering) though permanent posting bans may still be utilized.
Yep, it was a good call on their part, since I've seen people get ridiculous bans due to forum posts they've made.

But we already have a small list of unhappy ex-users of that tracker... something must be wrong and I think the staff should "rethink" what's going wrong...
Nah, ex members are simply more bitter and more prone to post about it. I'm sure you could get plenty of members here to post about how they're still enabled, but there really wouldn't be much point in that. They're simply a vocal minority.

Tv Controls you
03-19-2010, 01:36 AM
Ca_aok you have no idea what your talking about. There are rants about the vuze ban for 47 PAGES.
Where is your source for these 2 bans? As I have not seen or heard anything about them.

I only broke the rules at what.cd once I was disabled. I never broke any rule to get initially banned.

ca_aok
03-19-2010, 01:49 AM
You can see several in the first pages of the thread.

In particular, UserID: 10785, who also has an account here, was banned for "inciting people to use cheating clients" when he mentioned that cheaters could simply spoof their client ID. The more realistic reason is because he was getting pretty vocal and they weren't really responding to his arguments, but I'm sure you know exactly how that goes ;)

sickofjesus
03-19-2010, 02:18 AM
Jimmy24, post your username here please, or try PMing it to me.

Tv Controls you
03-19-2010, 02:32 AM
You can see several in the first pages of the thread.

In particular, UserID: 10785, who also has an account here, was banned for "inciting people to use cheating clients" when he mentioned that cheaters could simply spoof their client ID. The more realistic reason is because he was getting pretty vocal and they weren't really responding to his arguments, but I'm sure you know exactly how that goes ;)

Are you trying to get some leverage by posting this story, because I don't see where your going with this?

He was sort of rude to the staff, I mean I don't agree with his ban (with the details you listed, but that isn't the full story so I don't know) but it wasn't for no reason (what.cd's reasoning for banning people).

The staff is throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Poor decision. Very poor decision. If the shoe were on the other foot, and all utorrent users were forced to switch, the staff would likely have come to a different decision, and all the people who are saying 'get over it' would be singing a different tune. But since Azureus and Deluge users are in the minority, our only choices are to bend over or leave the site. For me, switching to something less than a full-featured client is not an option.

This speaks as much for the lack of uploading standards here as it does for the shortcomings of the software.

There was alot more vocal members than him on that thread, some even cursing left and right that are still active... So I am inclined to believe we are missing something from the story.

Speedo
03-19-2010, 08:49 AM
That is also my experience with the What.cd

Complete hypocritical powerwanters assholes all-of-them--petty.

Jimmy24
03-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Jimmy24, post your username here please, or try PMing it to me.

Would rather discuss off forum, doesn't look like I can PM yet. Where can I find you on irc? (other than whatnet seeing as I'm banned from there...)

7th
03-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Every time I see people spreading bad things about bitme staff (for example) I show up to share how well I was treated when I had problems.

I could be wrong but this looks to be the normal thing to happen. If you like a tracker, you'll try to understand why people have problem with it (when you don't have any) and eventually you'll try to defend it or at least share your experiences.

I'm sure we have plenty of whatcd' users here, and when discussions like this happens they simple don't show up as I expected... =/

If you have 3 or 4 users to harm a tracker's image, people should show up in numbers of 6 to 10 (at least) to defend it.

... my opinion!

ps: Maybe they don't come to defend the tracker because they're afraid of being banned because of it =|

ca_aok
03-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Every time I see people spreading bad things about bitme staff (for example) I show up to share how well I was treated when I had problems.

I could be wrong but this looks to be the normal thing to happen. If you like a tracker, you'll try to understand why people have problem with it (when you don't have any) and eventually you'll try to defend it or at least share your experiences.
Sites don't need defending against idiots. I'm sure their 120 000 enabled members don't miss you much. Though clearly since they're so banhappy that number should be down closer to 1000.

I'm sure we have plenty of whatcd' users here, and when discussions like this happens they simple don't show up as I expected... =/

If you have 3 or 4 users to harm a tracker's image, people should show up in numbers of 6 to 10 (at least) to defend it.

... my opinion!It's actually fairly rare. FST is generally a haven for complainers to come bitch behind fake names and proxies, at some point you either tune them out, or treat them as a source of entertainment. If half the stuff said about trackers on this forum were true, half the sites would have no members, the entire BT world would be one giant conspiracy to screw over each individual user, donations would frequently be used to buy sports cars for the sysops, and tracker levels would actually be an indication of tracker quality. There's really no need to defend against people making baseless accusations.

ps: Maybe they don't come to defend the tracker because they're afraid of being banned because of it =|Yeah, I actually not only got banned and g-lined for saying anything positive, but they put my name up for a global ban!!!111!!!!! Not only that, but they released my personal details in a scenenotice!!!!!![/sarcasm]

Complete hypocritical powerwanters assholes all-of-them--petty. Such a kind attitude surely helped you in the support channel.

Christ, there used to be a time when IQs on FST were higher than the member's age. I miss those days :(

susiserken
03-19-2010, 02:31 PM
I only have good experiences with what.cd staff. :D

ca_aok
03-19-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm just going to paste something I wrote earlier on the subject:

Have you ever worked at a torrent tracker? Do you know what it's like running a disabled channel? Do you have any idea what sort of scum you deal with every day, how many lies you hear, how many bullshit stories, how many traders, cheaters, sellers, and idiots assure you that "they'll be back"? If not, then perhaps you should realize that it gives you a bit of a different perspective on matters like this

Do you really think that the best part of a moderators day is hunting traders? Comparing IP matches? Talking to a bunch of lying bastards? Working in a disabled channel is by far the worst part of staffing a torrent site. It's extremely time consuming, and it's time that's often wasted, wasted so that people can have a second chance they may or may not deserve. Control doesn't mean shit. The thrill of hitting a ban button wears off in about ten seconds, and you're rebuked by your higher ups if you start banning without cause.

The best part of your job is doing positive stuff that makes your site better, not dealing with a bunch of scumbags. Sure, you might think it's fun to sit there and "play god". Now think about what happens when you spend a few hours a day, every day of your life, hearing the same bullshit excuses from hundreds of traders, cheaters, invite sellers, etc. It gets fucking stupid pretty quick, I can guarantee you that. If a few good users fall through the cracks, you can thank the cheater that used your exact same excuse yesterday.

7th
03-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Sites don't need defending against idiots. I'm sure their 120 000 enabled members don't miss you much.

Don't miss ME much? What do you mean? :huh:
If you think I was a member there, sorry, you're wrong! I was never a WhatCD member and unless they have something else than "musics" to offer, I'll never have any interest on that tracker. I'm not a "music lover" you know. :noes:

There's really no need to defend against people making baseless accusations.

You're too generalist for my tastes. I have no doubt that we have a lot of good users here (and even new ones). Many that comes here looking for help. Real people with real problems, not "fake" people surfing through proxies as you say.

Is it difficult to know who is who over the internet? Yes, but you can't simple assume that we're always dealing with "baseless accusations".

Yeah, I actually not only got banned and g-lined for saying anything positive, but they put my name up for a global ban!!!111!!!!! Not only that, but they released my personal details in a scenenotice!!!!!![/sarcasm]

Again, your assuming everyone has nothing better to do than come here and lie to everyone else and yet beg for their accounts back. Uuuhhhhh, so smart! :01:

If you're not here to help, please, at least keep your sarcasm to yourself or express it when you're sure that the person you're dealing with IS someone who actually not only got banned and g-lined for saying anything positive, but also... :yup:

ca_aok
03-19-2010, 03:25 PM
You seem to assume when I say that I've worked as staff, I mean that I've staffed there. You'd be incorrect ;)

Speaking of assumptions, if you haven't been a member and have never had any dealings with their staff, the following statement doesn't really hold much weight:

I'm starting to think that what's staff has some real problem... I just don't know "what" problem it could be =/

You're too generalist for my tastes. I have no doubt that we have a lot of good users here (and even new ones). Many that comes here looking for help. Real people with real problems, not "fake" people surfing through proxies as you say.
Real people generally get helped, as the OP has already had a request to PM the staff here. It's far more common to come vent here because you can do so without consequences and without staff knowing who you are.

Is it difficult to know who is who over the internet? Yes, but you can't simple assume that we're always dealing with "baseless accusations".
I've seen one person other than the OP in this thread with specific accusations against the site that could have been incorrect. The others are either confirmed rule breakers, or trolls. It's not too hard to classify those accusations as baseless.

Again, your assuming everyone has nothing better to do than come here and lie to everyone else and yet beg for their accounts back. Uuuhhhhh, so smart! http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/bb.gif

If you're not here to help, please, at least keep your sarcasm to yourself or express it when you're sure that the person you're dealing with IS someone who actually not only got banned and g-lined for saying anything positive, but also... http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/yes.gif
My posts are generally targeted towards people like you who are talking about stuff they don't have experience with, or the others who whine about being disabled, rather than the OP. If you'd rather have me post a bland "I've never had problems with their staff", I could do that. It doesn't really contribute much though.

7th
03-19-2010, 05:10 PM
You seem to assume when I say that I've worked as staff, I mean that I've staffed there. You'd be incorrect ;)

uh, sorry to disappoint you again but I just read that post of yours after posting mine... :cool:

Speaking of assumptions, if you haven't been a member and have never had any dealings with their staff, the following statement doesn't really hold much weight

What part in the beginning of this phrase you had difficulties to understand?

"I'm starting to think..."

Yes, it's hard to notice, I know, but if you pay good attention you'll see that there's some difference between phrases like "I'm starting to think" and...

My posts are generally targeted towards people like you

In the first case, the person is not even really "thinking" anything yet... it's just "starting to think".

But, in the second case, the person who talks (BEHOLD!) assumes he knows the people he targets (in this case, ME). :rolleyes:

Since you're not dumb (and with the help of this awesome explanation) you can now understand some of those differences! :yup:

If you will, you may even print this wonderful "tutorial" and affix it to your refrigerator's door. :naughty:

Well, at least something you assumed about me is true... I was never a staff member of any tracker or even someone important, totally different from YOU (BEHOLD! :01:).

May I pm you now to say how much I'm sorry? Yes, I'm dumb, I assume! Please forgive me! :pinch:

Well, time's up! You may bother to answer or quote any of my phrases again, but from my side our little debate has finished and guess what? YOU WIN MAN! Isn't it awesome?! Are you happy now? :happy:

Oh, ok, better explain it this way:
me = :shutup:
YOU = :01:
got it?

Anyway, I won't bother to quote you anymore since I have so much better things to do in my life (who could imagine that?) :shifty:

WakeMeUp
03-19-2010, 07:32 PM
:lol:
Hip Hip Hooray.

Tv Controls you
03-19-2010, 07:42 PM
The bottom line is, I have worked at a tracker. I know what's involved. You have not and do not, and based on your attitude probably never will.

ca_aok thinks he is greater than everyone else, and everything he says is golden just because he staffed somewhere.

Just because I haven't staffed at a site nullifies my ideas? I think that is a load of bullshit.
There is nothing that will change my mind that they abused their powers and even more so they enjoy banning people.

I think its great that you helped out a community by staffing, but if you did it to think you will have an advantage over people because they have not staffed you're greatly mistaken.

Also me never staffing?.. Yes that would greatly increase my epen if I staffed somewhere... Give me a break, you talk about me being childish lol.
I'm sure you kissed ass 24/7 to get your staff position.

IdolEyes787
03-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Give me a break, you talk about me being childish lol.
I'm sure you kissed ass 24/7 to get your staff position.:unsure:Not unless it was his own ass.

QPD
03-19-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm just going to paste something I wrote earlier on the subject:

Have you ever worked at a torrent tracker? Do you know what it's like running a disabled channel? Do you have any idea what sort of scum you deal with every day, how many lies you hear, how many bullshit stories, how many traders, cheaters, sellers, and idiots assure you that "they'll be back"? If not, then perhaps you should realize that it gives you a bit of a different perspective on matters like this

Do you really think that the best part of a moderators day is hunting traders? Comparing IP matches? Talking to a bunch of lying bastards? Working in a disabled channel is by far the worst part of staffing a torrent site. It's extremely time consuming, and it's time that's often wasted, wasted so that people can have a second chance they may or may not deserve. Control doesn't mean shit. The thrill of hitting a ban button wears off in about ten seconds, and you're rebuked by your higher ups if you start banning without cause.

The best part of your job is doing positive stuff that makes your site better, not dealing with a bunch of scumbags. Sure, you might think it's fun to sit there and "play god". Now think about what happens when you spend a few hours a day, every day of your life, hearing the same bullshit excuses from hundreds of traders, cheaters, invite sellers, etc. It gets fucking stupid pretty quick, I can guarantee you that. If a few good users fall through the cracks, you can thank the cheater that used your exact same excuse yesterday.

I did...In an even harder way....:rolleyes:

ca_aok
03-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Give me a break, you talk about me being childish lol.
I'm sure you kissed ass 24/7 to get your staff position.:unsure:Not unless it was his own ass.
I view the flexibility involved as a life skill :naughty: As for the type of asskissing you're talking about, if so, I think I've been doing it wrong :(

Funnily enough I don't see myself as better, I see myself as having first hand experience running a disabled channel, which you clearly lack. Hence, this entire farce of a conversation. But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night bud ;)

sickofjesus
03-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Jimmy24, I just need your username or email address so I can look into it and see what's going on. If we find it worth discussing, I can lift your gline and we can talk on IRC.

Tv Controls you
03-19-2010, 08:49 PM
You staffing a disabled channel gives you absolutely zero more credibility towards anything in this post.

I don't care what the :censored: happened prior to me entering their irc.
And further more I have no feelings of sorrow or hardship for any staff on their disabled channel.
If they can't handle all the bull shit, its their job to resign.

Why should I have respect for people that refused to give me any respect.

sickofjesus
03-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Tv Controls you, what was your what.cd username or email? or PM it to me.

Tv Controls you
03-19-2010, 10:57 PM
It's tvcontrolsyou (my second account)
I forget my first ones name.

Why do you want my user name?

sickofjesus
03-20-2010, 02:40 AM
Tv Controls you, since you are rather colorfully showing your digust about how 'mistreated' you were, I'll do what I can to help clear the air on this.

You had an account for 14 months. You leeched it into ratio watch, and it was eventually disabled as you never pulled your ratio back up. That same day, you joined the -invites channel on IRC and attempted to get another invite, lying about the existence of your previous account. Having failed at receiving a new invite via IRC for lying, you eventually returned to the person who invited you the first time and got another invite from that user, an account which we also disabled given your dishonest and rule-breaking behavior on your previous account/IRC.

Upon losing your second account, you came to IRC--an ultimately futile endeavor given that dishonesty is never rewarded with being re-enabled--and upon being told that you would not be re-enabled, you made the following statements, among others:

--"btw your impossible to reason with so ill be renewing my ip address and making a new account. good day fucking ass holes. haha mother fuckers"
--"go stick a dick up your ass. Ill show you a fucking leecher. ha"

The moment you lied in -invites, your account's fate was sealed. We lose trust in users who lie, and if we can't trust you, we can't re-enable you. There is no doubt in our minds that you were properly disabled for your actions given your inappropriate remarks in -disabled on IRC, not to mention the things you've said here.

This is all I will say regarding your account. This was merely a rebuttal to your portrayal of the staff as heartless, power-hungry individuals who choose to make rash moves without proper reason. All I can argue is that I believe a well-informed decision had been made and that the rules were appropriately enforced. Again, my side of the discussion ends here, so any follow-ups regarding this will not be replied to.

Jimmy24, I am still waiting on your info.

Jimmy24
03-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Jimmy24, I just need your username or email address so I can look into it and see what's going on. If we find it worth discussing, I can lift your gline and we can talk on IRC.

Will PM you as soon as I hit the 20 post thing on here.

Mclovin_
03-20-2010, 03:39 AM
This is funny.

Really though, I make it a point never to chat or post on forums at private trackers. Especially the best ones, like bitme.

I can be pretty blunt or rude and I swear quite a bit.

I don't trust people with power. So if there's a private tracker I'd like to get into, I'll go to their irc and jump through whatever hoops they want me to jump through to get an account and then that's it. I'm a ghost. I'll keep my ratio even to stay off anyones radar and just enjoy.

If I want discussion, I'll go to /b/ :)

tl;dr stay off the forums at private trackers.

MadIrish
03-20-2010, 03:43 AM
None of my business really, and not trying to cause any offense, but its a shame every time someone posts on here about getting help with what.cd we get to repeatedly hear the same old story from the same few posters about how wronged they were and how terrible what's staff are. Whether or not they once had a point (which I'm doubtful of myself having read prior threads), it hardly helps anyone now to continue making every similar thread about themselves rather than the OP's situations. Its terribly tiresome. In my opinion anyway.

Jimmy24
03-20-2010, 04:07 AM
If a few good users fall through the cracks, you can thank the cheater that used your exact same excuse yesterday.

This is so true. I guess there's a few of us in this thread who have fallen through the cracks. I don't envy the job of staff in the support channels, it's a tough job. I'm sure they must hear the same stories over and over.

Quarterquack
03-20-2010, 04:25 AM
So clearly because I simply am irked by the fact that some staff think I'm a trader, I'm either (a) using an old excuse or (b) am actually wrong.

I can't see how this helps the argument at all. Don't give me the old "It's their way or the highway" or "You don't know how it is to staff"; that's worthless semantics. Everyone knows there should be mutual respect between tracker staff and members.

For example, a friend of mine got called "garbage" by a certain tracker's staff, then he proved to them he didn't trade and they reactivated his account. Now, sorry if this comes as harsh, but I don't care who the staff of that tracker think they are, calling someone garbage, especially a wronged member (who Cabalo helped in the end), is crossing the line.

Similarly in my situation, people assume that because someone uses my name in a trading forum asking to buy invites, it has to be me. Absolute disregard for the fact that I've used my "torrenting pseudonym" since before the protocol even made it off the drawing boards, and have pissed off an ample amount of people to be out to get me at the nearest chance possible.

Would all staff listen? No, actually. Only one tracker's staff (BitMe) was sensible enough to listen and understand that it's not all sunshine and butterflies when using the same pseudonym for a long time, and not bothering to change it. The rest (that I care about) gave me a "Well don't fuck up, and we'll play along that it isn't you" which is fine by me. However, certain trackers *COUGH* had disregard for that fact.

ca_aok
03-20-2010, 03:33 PM
If a few good users fall through the cracks, you can thank the cheater that used your exact same excuse yesterday.

This is so true. I guess there's a few of us in this thread who have fallen through the cracks. I don't envy the job of staff in the support channels, it's a tough job. I'm sure they must hear the same stories over and over.
Jimmy24, consider enabling users to email you in your profile settings, and then he could get into contact with you like that. That's what a bunch of those folks did when uk-t went down and they couldn't PM here. Otherwise you'll still have to wait for 15 days since you joined to send PMs.

The above post is unfortunate, but really, how many people do you think say "well that wasn't me, it was someone else with the same nick!". Not knowing any of the specific details of that situation, that's really all that I can say on that matter.

sez
03-20-2010, 06:01 PM
Jimmy24, consider enabling users to email you in your profile settings, and then he could get into contact with you like that. That's what a bunch of those folks did when uk-t went down and they couldn't PM here. Otherwise you'll still have to wait for 15 days since you joined to send PMs.

The above post is unfortunate, but really, how many people do you think say "well that wasn't me, it was someone else with the same nick!". Not knowing any of the specific details of that situation, that's really all that I can say on that matter.

Only imbecile and lazy staffers ban people based on something as imprecise as nickname match.Wonder what your take is on racial profiling given that e-ttitude.

Jimmy24
03-21-2010, 01:07 AM

Hi sickofjesus, my what registered email is on my profile here. Would you be able to look up that or email me? Cheers

Tv Controls you
03-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Tv Controls you, since you are rather colorfully showing your digust about how 'mistreated' you were, I'll do what I can to help clear the air on this.

You had an account for 14 months. You leeched it into ratio watch, and it was eventually disabled as you never pulled your ratio back up. That same day, you joined the -invites channel on IRC and attempted to get another invite, lying about the existence of your previous account. Having failed at receiving a new invite via IRC for lying, you eventually returned to the person who invited you the first time and got another invite from that user, an account which we also disabled given your dishonest and rule-breaking behavior on your previous account/IRC.

Upon losing your second account, you came to IRC--an ultimately futile endeavor given that dishonesty is never rewarded with being re-enabled--and upon being told that you would not be re-enabled, you made the following statements, among others:

--"btw your impossible to reason with so ill be renewing my ip address and making a new account. good day fucking ass holes. haha mother fuckers"
--"go stick a dick up your ass. Ill show you a fucking leecher. ha"

The moment you lied in -invites, your account's fate was sealed. We lose trust in users who lie, and if we can't trust you, we can't re-enable you. There is no doubt in our minds that you were properly disabled for your actions given your inappropriate remarks in -disabled on IRC, not to mention the things you've said here.

This is all I will say regarding your account. This was merely a rebuttal to your portrayal of the staff as heartless, power-hungry individuals who choose to make rash moves without proper reason. All I can argue is that I believe a well-informed decision had been made and that the rules were appropriately enforced. Again, my side of the discussion ends here, so any follow-ups regarding this will not be replied to.

Jimmy24, I am still waiting on your info.

I was never on ratio watch, you confused me with someone else.
I didn't break any rules until I was pinned with a false ban.

I said both of those quotes lmao, you think I was going to get screwed and just leave with a thank you.

I know you won't be able to re enable my account because your so sure your right in your analysis of my account. Your wrong.
I post these things about what.cd not because I'm trying to get re enabled lol. Rather I don't want people to support a site that treats their members poorly.

You don't trust me lol? I don't trust you nor do I respect you. Its a two way street and you were the first to break both.
I joined your irc channel to write a guide on how to join for some new member here, and saw you are a disabled staff member...
You fit in perfectly as you have already conformed to their corrupted standards and ill methods for treating legitimate members, congratulations.

*I will give you a suggestion though, add this song to play in the background of your irc. I was thinking Mr. Roboto would work well too..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POTjdzM48MY

Artemis
03-22-2010, 12:49 AM
btw your impossible to reason with so ill be renewing my ip address and making a new account. good day fucking ass holes. haha mother fuckers.
go stick a dick up your ass. Ill show you a fucking leecher. ha

Seriously, cry me a fucking river over how you have been mistreated, after those comments you honestly deserve everything you get.
I'll be nice as long as I get my way, but I'll be a complete cunt if things aren't going my way......really?
That just shows what you are capable of, what you really think, that you will be nice as long as it suits you.
You can really say fuck you to a staff member if you are mistreated by one individual without threatening the whole site.

Tv Controls you
03-22-2010, 02:24 AM
You seem to have a misconception about why I dislike what.cd

My problem with what.cd is:
I could have did absolutely nothing wrong and be permanently banned, even after talking to disabled staff moderators. (It did happen to me)
I could have did nothing after my initial ban, and I would still be permanently banned till this day, as they still believe that bullshit story they copy and paste here every time they come around.
They harassed me over something and repeatedly asked me to be honest on a subject I have no business in.
They spoke down to me as if I was a piece of shit and was worthless.
Its very clear they enjoy banning people as it was obvious after 30 minutes they just like to hear me beg them for my account back.

I could go on for pages about it....

I broke the rules because I was g lined (permanently banned and no chance to go on irc again) and didn't respect rules that were used illegitimately against me.
Artemis you are a pretty cool guy.. But in all honesty I don't care for your sympathy, nor do I care if you find my actions towards what.cd justifiable.
The only thing I hope you get from me is that what.cd's actions are unjustifiable.

john pal
03-22-2010, 03:36 AM
Tv Controls You ok. we all get it. Now please, do the OP of this thread a favor and move along.

Tv Controls you
03-22-2010, 03:45 AM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_byOSuoWP3Jk/RqKU3ZDbcmI/AAAAAAAAAH8/19uRmhuof-Y/s400/threadKiller.jpg

I'm only replying to peoples messages left directed at me. Also I'm pretty sure the op has gone inactive after getting in touch.

puckface
03-22-2010, 04:33 AM
You seem to have a misconception about why I dislike what.cd

My problem with what.cd is:
I could have did absolutely nothing wrong and be permanently banned, even after talking to disabled staff moderators. (It did happen to me)
I could have did nothing after my initial ban, and I would still be permanently banned till this day, as they still believe that bullshit story they copy and paste here every time they come around.
They harassed me over something and repeatedly asked me to be honest on a subject I have no business in.
They spoke down to me as if I was a piece of shit and was worthless.
Its very clear they enjoy banning people as it was obvious after 30 minutes they just like to hear me beg them for my account back.

I could go on for pages about it....

I broke the rules because I was g lined (permanently banned and no chance to go on irc again) and didn't respect rules that were used illegitimately against me.
Artemis you are a pretty cool guy.. But in all honesty I don't care for your sympathy, nor do I care if you find my actions towards what.cd justifiable.
The only thing I hope you get from me is that what.cd's actions are unjustifiable.

Really dude, since you joined here there has been no reason to believe you in any way (going back to your offering waffles invites for sale), and excuse me for saying that the gentleman above (sickofjesus) has way more credibility than you ever will. So I wouldn't argue with him if I were you since it is quite fruitless.

Now dont take this as me picking on you, take it as how people see your whole story about what.cd and your account(s). You have been called out and you have failed. Im sorry.

My personal experience with what is that people there are fair and balanced and try and take the time to be fair. But at least everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Jimmy24
03-22-2010, 08:25 AM

Hi sickofjesus, my what registered email is on my profile here. Would you be able to look up that or email me? Cheers

Bump, still here.

Tv Controls you
03-22-2010, 01:59 PM
since you joined here there has been no reason to believe you in any way

So you think I was banned from what.cd for ratio watch? (what I was initially banned for)

Lol that's insulting as you should take a look at every single proof I have ever posted.
I have a seedserver running in my basement 24/7 at the time I was banned.
I now have a seedbox in addition to my seedserver in my basement.

If anyone knows me... You would know I'm not one to let my ratio drop.

sickofjesus
03-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Jimmy24, it seems we may have certainly disabled you for incorrect reasons. I apologize on behalf of our staff, and you've been re-enabled. I won't go into the exact details of why you were disabled, but suffice it to say that we have realized there was a short period of time a month or so ago where we had incorrectly disabled some users, and it looks like you had gotten caught in the crossfire. Nobody should be getting disabled the way you were anymore.

I also apologize for you being kicked out of IRC without much of a conversation. We were quite confident of our information, and we acted accordingly. Unfortunately, that info wasn't accurate, and we've corrected how we treat such situations. You may log in at any time.

Tv Controls you, all discussions about your what.cd accounts aside, if what was just said is true about you selling waffles invites, then there really, truly is no discussion to be had. You would be disabled permanently for that alone.

Tv Controls you
03-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Jimmy24, it seems we may have certainly disabled you for incorrect reasons. I apologize on behalf of our staff, and you've been re-enabled. I won't go into the exact details of why you were disabled, but suffice it to say that we have realized there was a short period of time a month or so ago where we had incorrectly disabled some users, and it looks like you had gotten caught in the crossfire. Nobody should be getting disabled the way you were anymore.

I also apologize for you being kicked out of IRC without much of a conversation. We were quite confident of our information, and we acted accordingly. Unfortunately, that info wasn't accurate, and we've corrected how we treat such situations. You may log in at any time.

Tv Controls you, all discussions about your what.cd accounts aside, if what was just said is true about you selling waffles invites, then there really, truly is no discussion to be had. You would be disabled permanently for that alone.

I never sold a waffles invite.

There is about a 20 page discussion about this, so no... You can get zero leverage from that.

puckface
03-22-2010, 07:32 PM

I never sold a waffles invite.

There is about a 20 page discussion about this, so no... You can get zero leverage from that.

I didnt want to get involved in this, but no one (me) said you were selling, just offering to sell.

for sickofjesus: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-tv-controls-you-banned-from-fst-383182

for clarification.

Tv Controls you
03-22-2010, 07:35 PM
I didnt want to get involved in this, but no one said you were selling, just offering to sell.

for sickofjesus: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...rom-fst-383182

for clarification.

First off you voted against me... So you are already involved.
But just for "clarification" my official punishment title was "Potential seller"

You guys act so quickly to divert from the faults of what.cd, and turn on my faults. lol...
You could pull up all the dirt in the world on me, but it does not erase the actions of what.cd ....

sickofjesus
03-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Thank you for the link, puckface. We do not distinguish between users who offer to sell and users who complete sales; both offences are reprimanded equally by permanently disabling that user's account.

I discovered by looking at Tv Controls you's post history that countless threads have been derailed by his obsessive complaints; WhatMan himself has addressed the situation, and there is certainly no need to waste any more space of yet another thread on this. Rest assured that with every subsequent post, we become wholly vindicated that we made the right decision.

The Jimmy24 situation has be taken care of, so this thread is essentially finished, and we can all get back to more important things.

Tv Controls you
03-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Thank you for the link, puckface. We do not distinguish between users who offer to sell and users who complete sales; both offences are reprimanded equally by permanently disabling that user's account.

I discovered by looking at Tv Controls you's post history that countless threads have been derailed by his obsessive complaints; WhatMan himself has addressed the situation, and there is certainly no need to waste any more space of yet another thread on this. Rest assured that with every subsequent post, we become wholly vindicated that we made the right decision.

The Jimmy24 situation has be taken care of, so this thread is essentially finished, and we can all get back to more important things.

Yes you did the right thing by disabling me.

Go ban some more members under the assumption that they will mess up in the future.

Jimmy24
03-22-2010, 10:48 PM

sickofjesus, thanks so much for helping me out on this. I can understand how the info the staff were using may have been misleading, but all is sorted now so I'm happy :)

Cheers,

7th
03-22-2010, 10:53 PM
uuuhhh, a happy ending to someone at least hehe =P

IdolEyes787
03-23-2010, 12:08 AM
Contrary to what some people have written about What staff here I have never once (personally ) seen them to be less than extremely helpful and fair and ( at least in my experience ) willing to admit a mistake if one is made.

james_bond_rulez
03-23-2010, 05:17 PM
it's so sad to see ppl gettin' all worked up on some tracker site...

get a life. I gave up filesharing and got a career as a MD. Now i got money, girls, and all the computer sweets i want, still for free....

geez

Quarterquack
03-23-2010, 05:42 PM

get a life. I gave up filesharing and got a career as a MD. Now i got money, girls, and all the computer sweets i want, still for free....

geez

You should write a book.

Aristocles
03-23-2010, 05:42 PM

Yes you did the right thing by disabling me.

Go ban some more members under the assumption that they will mess up in the future.

It doesn't appear to be future screw ups in question, X states "both offences are reprimanded equally by permanently disabling that user's account". I believe the "both offenses" part is really the operative phrase.

You are likely doing the right thing by simply asking about other sites (YOUR THREAD). I would just choose a couple and move on. Perhaps, now. . .

Jimmy24: Looks like all is well

Artemis
03-23-2010, 10:04 PM

geez

You got a job as an MD with those leet language skills, what you pay for an interpreter ? :naughty:

james_bond_rulez
03-24-2010, 12:35 AM
that's what i had to use so u guys can understand....

IdolEyes787
03-24-2010, 01:12 AM

geez

I went to school with a guy named James Bond II(true story) and he would need to be a rich doctor to get girls.
Some of us are just luckier I guess.:idunno:

james_bond_rulez
03-24-2010, 01:47 AM
Well get real, some girls respond to pick-up artists, but after a while, reality still sets in. Thing is, if you don't have money in ur pocket, a high social status, most relationships u have don't last long....at least chance-wise.

Luck has nothing to do with how well u do with girls. There are always some things girls see in you that attract them, whether it be pick-up skillz, ur job, ur sense of humor, or whatnot. But think about it this way, if you hide in ur room for 8 hours a day downloading music and shit, ur chance of getting a girlfriend will probably be...zip, good luck with that.

puckface
03-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Well get real, some girls respond to pick-up artists, but after a while, reality still sets in. Thing is, if you don't have money in ur pocket, a high social status, most relationships u have don't last long....at least chance-wise.

Luck has nothing to do with how well u do with girls. There are always some things girls see in you that attract them, whether it be pick-up skillz, ur job, ur sense of humor, or whatnot. But think about it this way, if you hide in ur room for 8 hours a day downloading music and shit, ur chance of getting a girlfriend will probably be...zip, good luck with that.

well, its sure has nothing to do with grammar or the use of z's

Quarterquack
03-24-2010, 05:09 AM

What a useless speech. After selling yourself as "Get girls for free" I really thought you'd come up with something better than that. ANY girl responds to a pick-up artist, it's what you do with her after. They don't get "bored" as you say; it's just that pick-up artists usually have nothing more to offer than a few nights out before they move on.

If you think relationships are based on money/status good luck dating a serious non-spoiled brat. Most "perfect personality" girls look for complementing, convenient boyfriends, not necessarily the richest or the most impressive.

Luck has everything to do with getting a good/stable relationship. I don't see all my lines working well to start a relationship, some times I get the "I JUST broke up" sincere reply or the "Look, a relative of mine just died and I'm here trying to be mellow." That and some times dating the wrong girl to get through to the "right girl" who happens to be her friend is highly dependent on luck.

Nice dig at the end, by the way. Did it make you feel better that you managed to rip on people on an internet forum? Does flexing your pathetic understanding of the other sex in a bunch of text make you feel better? Good. Now go out and get a girl that hasn't been trashed by every rich kid in town. :)

james_bond_rulez
03-24-2010, 12:05 PM
oh if u feel that way, by all means. I don't waste time ripping people on the net; it doesn't give me pleasure or pain. It's just funny to see how some people base their entire lives on the net. Come crying about it when they are mistreated or whatnot. u are missing my point, sadly.

As for the little girl advice, just face reality. A good girl seeks a potential mate in many ways; status and money being one of the most important indicators. I was simply being realistic.

J-dye
03-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi all,

I'm posting here in hope of receiving some help with getting my what account back. I have already been to their irc disabled channel but the staffer that spoke to me in there treated me unfairly and with no respect, not giving me a chance to explain the situation.

Up until now I had a lot of respect for the what staff, but honestely this is BS and I'm annoyed with the whole situation. Building up a 60GB upload on there took me a year dammit!

If any staff are on here, could you please contact me.

Many thanks,

really

a year .. ? what kind of connection you have .... just use one of those 100 mbit connection and you will be fine .. i have anaconda somwhere here

can i just pm you ?

or will ypu pm me ?

ps: i killed that bitch

Quarterquack
03-24-2010, 06:16 PM
As for the little girl advice, just face reality. A good girl seeks a potential mate in many ways; status and money being one of the most important indicators. I was simply being realistic.

I'm being even more realistic. In today's times not everyone is a knight in shining armor. I get pretty much anyone I want (with a few exceptions here and there, of course) but I know people who live in their friend's mom's basement and still score 9s/10s. It's not about status in today's time, more about desperation/convenience.

J-dye
03-25-2010, 12:49 PM

I'm being even more realistic. In today's times not everyone is a knight in shining armor. I get pretty much anyone I want (with a few exceptions here and there, of course) but I know people who live in their friend's mom's basement and still score 9s/10s. It's not about status in today's time, more about desperation/convenience.

i think i have to agree on that one ...

the girl money and the status

ps: i think that bitch pulled the other bitch

jderu
04-02-2010, 09:55 AM
if any whatcd staff watches this please reenable my account,

my link is here
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-whatcd-disabled-me-for-no-reason-404038