PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Tid-bit I Found

jb83
10-23-2003, 12:23 AM
first off i think everyone should get Ja Rules new song Clap Back and dedacate it to the RIAA (THEY WANT WAR!!!!) :ph34r: i was gonna play it in a post but i dont know how ppl do that so i couldnt but now onto the new info..........

A flaw has been unravelled in the CD-Copy protection technology developed by SunnComm Technologies Inc. which is so simplistic, it requires the stroke of a single key to exploit.
The flaw, discovered by John Halderman (a Princeton graduate student), in SunComm's MediaMax CD3 software invokes a work around solution to disable the "autorun" encrytion software on a protected disk. Quite simply, by holding down the shift key when accessing a CD in Windows, the encryption software designed by SunComm to encrypt the contents of that compact disk simply fails to ever execute.

In stopping this auto execution, the software which is designed to install a proprietary driver to access the contents of the CD is cancelled.

The technology, used in Anthony Hamilton's "Comin' From Where I'm From" was released from BMG into the US market earlier this year. The CD fails to work at all on a Mac or Linux based computer due to the disc copy protected design.

BMG claimed to be aware of the exploit, stating that the technology was designed to be a "speed bump" for users who wish to copy the CD rather then a full fledged lock down of that CD due to their desires to not cripple the CD's playability and flexibility.

Source: http://www.winamp.com/news.jhtml;$ses...articleid=10082 (http://www.winamp.com/news.jhtml;$sessionid$TWRQUYXRRMZI1TN241HBCZY?articleid=10082)

bunzofagoose
10-23-2003, 12:29 AM
ja rule sucks

jb83
10-23-2003, 12:30 AM
seriously it isnt really a matter of his talent it is a good song to use to talk about war against the RIAA ..... dumb post if you ask me lol

Celerystalksme
10-23-2003, 12:32 AM
:rolleyes:

mogadishu
10-23-2003, 01:05 AM
fuck ja rule, fuck riaa.. maybe they can kill eachother off and we wont have eather as a problem anymore.

Celerystalksme
10-23-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by mogadishu@23 October 2003 - 10:05
fuck ja rule, fuck riaa.. maybe they can kill eachother off and we wont have eather as a problem anymore.
you should become the new world leader mog...you just made the biggest problem in the world so simple to solve... :D

jb83
10-23-2003, 01:11 AM
damn i was just trying to lend my support i didnt know it would cause such a ruckus i apologize <_<

also i thought the info was pretty good considering so why is everyone focusing on the ja rule thing?

Celerystalksme
10-23-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by jb83@23 October 2003 - 10:11
damn i was just trying to lend my support i didnt know it would cause such a ruckus i apologize <_<
this isn&#39;t a ruckus...spend some more time on the board...then you will know what one is...if you can&#39;t take this tiny bit of heat...then your a softcock... :rolleyes:

jb83
10-23-2003, 01:18 AM
no no i can take it i just think it is unnessasary (cant spell lol) to post dumb things just to get a rise outta ppl that u will never meet in your lifetime specially when they are just trying to lend a hand. but it is all good.

Celerystalksme
10-23-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by jb83@23 October 2003 - 10:18
no no i can take it i just think it is unnessasary (cant spell lol) to post dumb things just to get a rise outta ppl that u will never meet in your lifetime specially when they are just trying to lend a hand. but it is all good.
its called a sense of humor...which you need when your dealing with people...i normally get a rise out of people one way or another :o ...its all fun and games...now i might read what you posted here in the first place :D

jb83
10-23-2003, 01:23 AM
lol well at least someone is gonna get passed the Ja Rule land mine i placed out..... hmmm thats it i MEANT to do it just to see who was thirsty enough for the knowledge to look past it yea yea thats it :lol:

wormless
10-23-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme+23 October 2003 - 01:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Celerystalksme @ 23 October 2003 - 01:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jb83@23 October 2003 - 10:18
no no i can take it i just think it is unnessasary (cant spell lol) to post dumb things just to get a rise outta ppl that u will never meet in your lifetime specially when they are just trying to lend a hand.&nbsp; but it is all good.
its called a sense of humor...which you need when your dealing with people...i normally get a rise out of people one way or another :o ...its all fun and games...now i might read what you posted here in the first place :D [/b][/quote]
where do i get a sense of humour i will check the faq 1st b4 i post the topic. its old news search the forum&#33;