PDA

View Full Version : Share Connection Evenly Inbetween 2 Pc's

Evil Gemini
10-23-2003, 12:48 AM
I have 512kbs adsl and i have it shared inbetween 2 pc's. I want to know if there is a program that will evenly share the connection ??

I got told that while one pc is downloading that i can play counter strike online and the ping with remain nice and low but it spikes to 2000.

When we both play counter strike its as if we have a dedicated connnection and we both get like 32 ping.

My adsl modem is not a router and the way i am sharing it, is through a hub or switch. (not sure what it is)

So you guys know if ne program that can help ??

I dont want ne thing like net limiter.

Evil Gemini
10-23-2003, 02:16 AM
All of a sudden i herd a BUMP!!

Virtualbody1234
10-23-2003, 02:36 AM
Do you have a router?

As for a program to 'balance the load', I've never heard of such a thing. Sharing a connection just lets both PC have access to the total available bandwidth.

Evil Gemini
10-23-2003, 02:53 AM
The main reson i got adsl so i can share the internet and so its not slow. I want to be able to play counter strike and downloaqd on the other pc at the same time so it doesnt lag me out.

So is there a program that will allow me to adjust the bandwidth going through each NIC ???

exeus
10-23-2003, 02:55 AM
you could use "netlimiter" with it you can set an overall up load and download per proggy or comp

DWk
10-23-2003, 03:39 AM
or Bandwidth Controller

DWk

Schuler
10-23-2003, 07:02 PM
Why not control the upload and download bandwidth? I'm pretty sure Kazaa Lite, SoulSeek, and BitTorrent all have controls for these things. Make sure when you're downloading that you're not putting too much in one place.