PDA

View Full Version : Region 5s

adewolves
03-18-2010, 06:31 PM
These are released quickly to stop piracy in Russia, what I want to know is how much is a retail DVD in Russia and is it working in Russia, because if they're cheaper than a shop retail surely it's not working.I know in this country we love it assuming the audio that has to be synced (not easy and not always good quality)is right. So is it stopping piracy in Russia or is it making it easier for everyone.

stan
03-18-2010, 08:11 PM
These are released quickly to stop piracy in Russia, what I want to know is how much is a retail DVD in Russia and is it working in Russia, because if they're cheaper than a shop retail surely it's not working.I know in this country we love it assuming the audio that has to be synced (not easy and not always good quality)is right. So is it stopping piracy in Russia or is it making it easier for everyone.

Yes, It has reduced piracy in Russia to a huge degree.

Just like everywhere else the dvd may be released as a single DVD5 or single DVD9 (with or with out extras) or even a 2 dvd release. They are all retail to them. It is just that they call the simple DVD5 the ANTI-PIRACY COPY. As for prices they vary on which copy you purchase. Ozon.ru is probably the best russian online store. Here is a link to their upcoming foreign movies. Prices are on the right hand side in roubles.

http://www.ozon.ru/context/movie_anon/

Only thing showing of interest is the Avatar blu-ray. It will appear after the R1.

mindlock
03-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Sometimes R5s even have an English Audio Track with them, sometimes.....I know of three in the last year and a half.....The Bank Job is one....

Gew
03-25-2010, 07:57 PM
I find it kinda hard realizing how the R5 copies could even get through? From what I've seen/heard, audio is often really messy on them, and a sloppy telecine process is mos definitely not doing things better, although video is often really good (you can hardly ever notice any difference from the real retail DVD's). Anyways, with the audio, hmmm, no heaven's game! :|