PDA

View Full Version : thevault.bz hard to get an invite or what ?

Dr-SeMSeM
03-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Hello All FST

i wanna to ask about thevault tracker

hard to get in or what ?

and please give me your personal rate by 10 ...

6/10 or 7/10 ...

and which preferred for you ( BitMe or TheVault )

anon
03-18-2010, 11:10 PM
thevault.bz hard to get an invite or what ?

Don't they have an invite channel or something?

Quarterquack
03-19-2010, 03:22 AM
Don't they have an invite channel or something?

Which they never reply to. I idled for one day after posting "my answers" before someone asked me if I was still interested, by which time I had come to the conclusion that any staff opting for something as inane as putting a user on standby as a means of measuring his potential dedication should not be given anymore of my time.

It's a shame because I heard great things about the place, and (at the time) I was running my own business as well, would have been nice to pitch in my experience/tricks and see if others had ideas to better them.

Cabalo
03-19-2010, 05:59 AM
They have closed invitations due to invite selling.
It's a shame one of the greatest sites of all time has to go down that path, but I can only understand them.

Albo Da Kid
03-19-2010, 06:28 AM
Back then they used to make you fill out an application in order for you to join but I'm not sure if they still do.
It's sad indeed because I feel that out of any other private tracker, this is the most self benefiting and skill building tracker one could be a part of.

P.S.I wonder if Be3owlf's and Cabalo's mentioning of TheVault yesterday had something to do with the making of this thread lol.

Cabalo
03-19-2010, 06:52 AM
One of my RL friends I invited there is now their top poker stuff uploader. (I'm really proud on that :) )
He was complaining he could never reach more than 1,3 ratio on anything he uploaded because there are some people there with seedboxes which cannibalize his home connection.
How stupid is it to constantly use seedboxes at a place like theVault...

/end of rant.

to the OP: you can't really compare thevault and bitme, they're different. It all depends on what you specifically are looking for.

Albo Da Kid
03-19-2010, 07:02 AM
How stupid is it to constantly use seedboxes at a place like theVault...

Seedwhores will always be Seedwhores no matter what.

Sounds like a SP bonus system(blackcat-games type of ratio) would be a good thing in these type of trackers. I was having the same problem in Bitme

b3owulf
03-19-2010, 02:16 PM
P.S.I wonder if Be3owlf's and Cabalo's mentioning of TheVault yesterday had something to do with the making of this thread lol.
Damn you Albo, my nick isn't too complicated to memorize :D

The_Martinator
03-19-2010, 07:29 PM
I remember when The Vault used to be open for signups. I guess I'm getting old BT-wise.

anon
03-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Wasn't that long ago. :unsure:

QPD
03-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Ratio: 2.174 +24.73 GB UL: 45.81 GB DL: 21.07 GB

i find TheVault a very easy to keep a good ratio...and I have home connection

The_Martinator
03-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Wasn't that long ago. :unsure:

Can't I have my moment of glory? :cry:

QPD
03-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Martin...you are getting old no matter what! ;)

and I am 100% sure you will die some day!

anon
03-19-2010, 07:55 PM
and I have home connection

Don't get me started on that one. :lol:

QPD
03-19-2010, 07:55 PM
and I have home connection

Don't get me started on that one. :lol:

Why? :unsure:

anon
03-19-2010, 07:56 PM
90Mbit with a 1Gbps national link isn't a "home connection" for me. :nono:

QPD
03-19-2010, 07:57 PM
it;s not 90 ...

anon
03-19-2010, 08:01 PM
You get the idea...

QPD
03-19-2010, 08:06 PM
but I am 7k miles away...

PancakeWaffles
03-20-2010, 04:09 AM
I have a 2 Mbit/s upload and I got about a 13 GB buffer with 0 downloaded. So yeah. :P

Albo Da Kid
03-20-2010, 06:51 AM
Damn you Albo, my nick isn't too complicated to memorize :D
Sorry lol I missed a u

Bassi2o
03-23-2010, 03:25 PM
One of my RL friends I invited there is now their top poker stuff uploader.

Is there exclusive material like kill everyone or The Full Tilt Poker Strategy Guide: Tournament Edition or just the usually stuff u find everywhere else? Really want to know :)

Cabalo
03-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Most stuff you find there you can't find anywhere else on the internet. They make group buys for subscriptions from sites, books, courses, etc etc. And none is leaked.

Quarterquack
03-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Which they never reply to. I idled for one day after posting "my answers" before someone asked me if I was still interested, by which time I had come to the conclusion that any staff opting for something as inane as putting a user on standby as a means of measuring his potential dedication should not be given anymore of my time.

Funny story. I was going through my torrent client, and noticed I had a torrent seeding down at TheVault. My first thought was wtf, so I go there, I hit recover account, type in my usual email address for torrent website and lo and behold it sends me an email about my account, which is 51 weeks old.

I suppose I was thinking of ThePlace, then? I know for a fact that one of those bz sites pissed me off with the wait times, but clearly I'm mistaken on which one it is. It might be TheVault, considering a friend is my inviter there, not a staff member or INVITES. Dunno the exact story, but if the OP is willing I should hit extreme user soon enough, which is hilarious.

15MAVkf
04-04-2010, 09:31 PM
I joined trough open signups few months ago. Now you can get an invite on irc if you want to....you have to go trough an interview, but it's not that hard to do it! ...and trust me: it's worth it!