PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Ignorance

TenebraruM
10-23-2003, 09:58 AM
Doesn't it just sooo agravate you the way no0bs critisize you and make fun of you, saying that you're wrong all the time and that you're stupid to buy a PC ' instead' of a console and that consoles are just 'so' much better than PCs?

Damn they must be idiots if they think that PCs are only for gaming ...

I mean there was something on the teletext Digitiser replacement letters section recently, it went something like this:
(Note that me is NOT me)

Me: Why do you buy a PC instead of a console, when the console has just as good games, has more of the latest games, is cheap and easy to use?

Friend: Urm ... because it costs 10x as much, and you have to download all the patches and updates before you can play?

OMFG the ignorance!!

1) Consoles suck compared with PCs

I mean even the revolutionary PS2 128 bit emotion engine graphics is surpassed these days by the ATi 9800XT and the nVidia FX5900U ...

When I was saying this to a friend that had an Xbox, I said to him it was based on a 733mHz P3 (what I didn't realise at the time was that it was based on the rubbish Celeron), and that modern PCs were 2.53 at least with 6 operations per cycle ...
He replied that the Xbox was more than that, about 4gHz or he thought even more

I mean FFS! he thought that HD space was internal volatile memory!! what a ignorant no0b

Later he got a Celeron from Dell and said that his PC owned and it was the latest!! put up the benchmarks and guess what ... I had a 3DMark 4x his, I mean ffs he thought that prebuilts owned ... omg

And also there was something on Digitiser recently 'God I feel like a Geek, comparing mHz with gHz, deciding which is better, really got to know what your talking about'

Rrrrrr

And I mean

RRRRRRRRRR

This makes me feel ******* angry, I hate ignorance!!

And especially told I'm wrong by a ******* no0b!!

They know **** all and should listen to us

I still havn't vented my anger RRRRRRr

james_bond_rulez
10-23-2003, 10:01 AM
why r u getting all worked up over this?

just ignore him

miffo
10-23-2003, 10:07 AM
especially nowadays when some games released to ps2
and then to pc with built in support for the gamepad via the usb port

that shoots every argument by the kneecaps that a consoul is better cause of better controls with the gamepad

if u got a good monitor (like a 21"-23" with at least 1600x1200) ethe graphics are
kickass better

besides can they watch divx movies downloaded xxx and surf the net as easily???
heeeell no

edit: I cant speel tdoay

Pitbul
10-23-2003, 10:47 AM
dude your a noob and your a jackass moron whose contridicting yourself. what did u use to go on the internet? what did u use to post this topic?. first you tear down PC's then in another topic you act like you are the know all and be all PC tech. you moron you said you needed a 2.53 P4 to get and i quote "Decent" performance out of UT2k3. as far as im concerned your just another "dumb noob". and before you try and go off again about consoles i do own a Ps2 and i do not compare consoles to PC's and get the GS in the Ps2 can contend with ATI 9800 Pro's cause Killzone has proved that but still you come off as a moron and i advise you to re-think your opinions and post prefrences and topics before you continue to make yourself look like a complaining ass.

Pitbul
10-23-2003, 10:49 AM
for those of you who think the Ps2 has weak graphics go here http://www.killzonegame.com/ click on the newest headlinre labels "The best we'ce seen so far" then scroll down click to link to the screenies and check them out.

RedRival
10-23-2003, 11:23 AM
:o wow , I never thought my ps2 could do that...
and yes there is a significant difference in some on the games that are played on console and on PC.

enter the matrix for example, you can see the ps2 release has a higher detail and much better graphics than if you played etm on the pc.

TenebraruM
10-23-2003, 11:37 AM
I did not tear down PCs,

I love PCs, hell I still have the first OCed one I did, a P2 233 MMX,

I am not tearing down PCs

I am tearing down the ignorant people who refuse to accept what experienced PC owners say, even daring to say that consoles perform better in gaming than PCs.

Please read what I say before critisizing me.

And, what the **** is the point in playing a new game on an old desktop. The minimum requirements stated that you needed a '733mHz Celeron/PIII or higher' and a '64mb 3D video card' on UT2003 manual. I tried getting it to run on my ancient PIII 933 w/ 256 RIMM, Geforce 440 and SB. Even on the lowest settings, it lagged. I mean wtf is the point in playing a game where you aren't enjoying yourself?

oh and btw the FX5800/FX5900 are WAY better than the Emotion Engine,

And the PS2 has only 8mb volatile memory, and thats also used as the graphics volatile memory. Thats what lets it down so much.
I agree, the PS2 is 'better' than the Xbox, with less manipulated figures, well hey, what do you know, Microsuck made it so what do you expect

TenebraruM
10-23-2003, 11:40 AM
And urm ... unless your playing Enter the Matrrix on low setts and a 640x* res, then it is absolutely impossible for the PS2 version to have lower detailed graphics than the PC version, unless of course they have engineered it so that it isn't as good on the PC, thus encouraging people to buy the console.

Remember that all next gen consoles run at 640x* res.

Also btw you sure you don't have TFT or an antiquated monitor?

tHe LiNk
10-23-2003, 12:00 PM
Why oh why are you comparing many years old technology to the latest cutting edge graphics cards available on the market today?. The ps2 graphics chip was revolutionary for its time, comparing it to a graphics card such as the FX 5900 ultra is just moronic.

I agree, the PS2 is 'better' than the Xbox, with less manipulated figures, well hey, what do you know, Microsuck made it so what do you expect

In what way do you mean 'better', incase you were actually referring to the graphics, the playstation 2 can actually still pull along decent graphics, but it does not compare to the potential of the xbox.

DWk
10-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul@23 October 2003 - 10:49
for those of you who think the Ps2 has weak graphics go here http://www.killzonegame.com/ click on the newest headlinre labels "The best we'ce seen so far" then scroll down click to link to the screenies and check them out.
k first of all that game is released on 2004....so we aren't talkin about the games RIGHT now, eh?

Second, Unreal Tourney 2k3 beats the hell out of those graphics.... majorly kicks its ass....

have you even played ut2k3? i mean with full graphics on an lcd? i guess not...

DWk

Cygnuz-Y
10-23-2003, 03:53 PM

lol :lol: :lol:

LCD are not good for gaming, their refresh rate is too slow.... <_<

fixed question: :D

have you even played ut2k3? i mean with full graphics on an flat Crt? i guess not...

DWk
10-23-2003, 04:10 PM
lol oh yea.....got confused about it hehehehe :D

what i meant was a good flat monitor.... u know which one Cygnuz ;)

DWk

kazaaliterock
10-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by TenebraruM@23 October 2003 - 10:58

Me: Why do you buy a PC instead of a console, when the console has just as good games, has more of the latest games, is cheap and easy to use?

Friend: Urm ... because it costs 10x as much, and you have to download all the patches and updates before you can play?

wait, im a little confuse here. so ur telling him console is better then pc beucz it have jsut as good games and more of the lastest games and es cheap.

Pitbul
10-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by DWk+23 October 2003 - 06:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 23 October 2003 - 06:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pitbul@23 October 2003 - 10:49
for those of you who think the Ps2 has weak graphics go here http://www.killzonegame.com/ click on the newest headlinre labels "The best we&#39;ce seen so far" then scroll down click to link to the screenies and check them out.
k first of all that game is released on 2004....so we aren&#39;t talkin about the games RIGHT now, eh?

Second, Unreal Tourney 2k3 beats the hell out of those graphics.... majorly kicks its ass....

DWk [/b][/quote]
first off UT2k3 was obsolete along time ago and those graphics in killzone are ahead of their time. second LCD monitors a shitty for gaming and i feel bad that you use one if you do. are you mad now that the Ps2 has proved it can have just a good as graphics maybe even better? have you seen the models faces for killzone and how realistic they look? doubt it you jackass. now go and start being jealous and turn it into anger and try and flame.

Pitbul
10-23-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by tHe LiNk@23 October 2003 - 05:00
Why oh why are you comparing many years old technology to the latest cutting edge graphics cards available on the market today?. The ps2 graphics chip was revolutionary for its time, comparing it to a graphics card such as the FX 5900 ultra is just moronic.

I agree, the PS2 is &#39;better&#39; than the Xbox, with less manipulated figures, well hey, what do you know, Microsuck made it so what do you expect

In what way do you mean &#39;better&#39;, incase you were actually referring to the graphics, the playstation 2 can actually still pull along decent graphics, but it does not compare to the potential of the xbox.
basically the GS in the Ps2 is alot harder and newer to program for and sony didn&#39;t release a middleware and alot of the devs just dont want to put in extra tiem to learn. also the X-Box has reached its limit already not only that but Doom 3 on the x-box is gonna look really shitty considering the Xbox ix below its min requierments. that means more work and having to tone down the game more then you would for a computer. also the Ps2 is running Killzone at a steady 60 FPS with no slow downs. thats more then the X-Box did with Halo at locked 30 FPS and the x-box did have slow downs.

Cygnuz-Y
10-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul+23 October 2003 - 20:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 23 October 2003 - 20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tHe LiNk@23 October 2003 - 05:00

I agree, the PS2 is &#39;better&#39; than the Xbox, with less manipulated figures, well hey, what do you know, Microsuck made it so what do you expect

In what way do you mean &#39;better&#39;, incase you were actually referring to the graphics, the playstation 2 can actually still pull along decent graphics, but it does not compare to the potential of the xbox.
basically the GS in the Ps2 is alot harder and newer to program for and sony didn&#39;t release a middleware and alot of the devs just dont want to put in extra tiem to learn. also the X-Box has reached its limit already not only that but Doom 3 on the x-box is gonna look really shitty considering the Xbox ix below its min requierments. that means more work and having to tone down the game more then you would for a computer. also the Ps2 is running Killzone at a steady 60 FPS with no slow downs. thats more then the X-Box did with Halo at locked 30 FPS and the x-box did have slow downs. [/b][/quote]
Hey is that game ot yet?

How do you know all that?

Busyman
10-23-2003, 09:26 PM
No the game isn&#39;t out and it&#39;s under tight wraps. Lots of folk on here claim to know so much about this game and it&#39;s not even out. STFU

Cygnuz-Y
10-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@23 October 2003 - 21:26
No the game isn&#39;t out and it&#39;s under tight wraps. Lots of folk on here claim to know so much about this game and it&#39;s not even out. STFU
I know, he claim he knows the FPS HAHAHAHHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

He talks like he already played it or he is part of the developers..... <_<

muchspl2
10-23-2003, 09:59 PM
meh, still doesn&#39;t beat this
http://www.pixeleye.de/images/wallpaper/atari-vcs-big.jpg

noname12
10-23-2003, 10:10 PM
Repeat after me: "I will not steal noname&#39;s &#39;Meh&#39;."

PC - General purpose machine useful for business, studying and playing games.

Console - One purpose machine, useful for wasting money and breaking control pads.

muchspl2
10-23-2003, 10:13 PM
I didn&#39;t get "meh" from you, I stole it from some peeps in the #ftc channel, most of them from the UK and seems like a common saying across the pond

noname12
10-23-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@23 October 2003 - 22:13
I didn&#39;t get "meh" from you, I stole it from some peeps in the #ftc channel, most of them from the UK and seems like a common saying across the pond
Who do you think they stole it from <_<

muchspl2
10-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by noname12@23 October 2003 - 23:14

Who do you think they stole it from&nbsp; <_<
what about " the ______ from hell", I came up with blanke from hell, thats mine
ex. the babysitter from hell, the car from hell
I can&#39;t believe it isn&#39;t attributed to me

http://www.popmatters.com/tv/reviews/c/images/curb-your-enthusiasm.jpg

tHe LiNk
10-24-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Pitbul+23 October 2003 - 20:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 23 October 2003 - 20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tHe LiNk@23 October 2003 - 05:00

basically the GS in the Ps2 is alot harder and newer to program for and sony didn&#39;t release a middleware and alot of the devs just dont want to put in extra tiem to learn. also the X-Box has reached its limit already not only that but Doom 3 on the x-box is gonna look really shitty considering the Xbox ix below its min requierments. that means more work and having to tone down the game more then you would for a computer. also the Ps2 is running Killzone at a steady 60 FPS with no slow downs. thats more then the X-Box did with Halo at locked 30 FPS and the x-box did have slow downs. [/b][/quote]
I assure you, despite the xbox having "specs" less than that of doom 3&#39;s minimum requirements, it doesnt mean anything - the xbox version of doom 3 will run and look fine as long as they port it correctly. You can&#39;t compare the xbox specs to a computer, despite the similarities.

Cygnuz-Y
10-24-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@23 October 2003 - 21:59
meh, still doesn&#39;t beat this
http://www.pixeleye.de/images/wallpaper/atari-vcs-big.jpg
No i havent :( :unsure:

Evil Gemini
10-24-2003, 01:57 AM
Console - One purpose machine, useful for wasting money and breaking control pads.

And emulators :)

Esal
10-24-2003, 02:20 AM
yes, some people are ignorant when its comes to consolve vs. pc or console vs console. But i find that, if a person owns a certain console, or pc, they will favor that. I myself only own a pc, and a super nintendo, but lets not bring that into this discussion. But i have friends and siblings that own consoles, and i like game cube the best. First person shooters on consoles are just too hard to have good control in, using that second joystick to look shit is just not fun, can never get good with it. I find the other games alot of fun though, like fighting games especially, but the only fightnig games i really like are soul cal 2, super smash bros melee, doa3. I think thats it, game cube version of soul cal 2 is the best out of the 3, link owns. I think pc&#39;s are better because they can be upgraded, and have alot more uses other than gaming. My friend once said &#39;consoles are better because there made for gaming strictly&#39;, and i told him that hes a dumb shit and if he knew anything, consoles are computers, just with those pieces needed for gaming used in them, which aernt always best. All Games are made on computers, for computers, its how it all works. So the onyl thing to argue about is what system has titles exculsive for it that are better than the other ones, soon enough, games will be so badass and improved in every way everyone will be happy with what ever console, if there isnt just one.......hopefully.

Busyman
10-24-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Esal@24 October 2003 - 02:20
So the onyl thing to argue about is what system has titles exculsive for it that are better than the other ones, soon enough, games will be so badass and improved in every way everyone will be happy with what ever console, if there isnt just one.......hopefully.
Exclusive titles is what I&#39;ve been preaching forever. If the PC had all the same titles as well as the consoles. GAME OVER for consoles.

Twist3r
10-24-2003, 04:31 AM
who gives a shit about who likes what better <_<

every console/pc has advanteges and disadvanteges

3RA1N1AC
10-24-2003, 06:32 AM
f*ck the newbies who are obsessed with hardware specs. it&#39;s about GAMES. use whichever machine has the games that you want to play. a machine can be the fastest thing anyone&#39;s ever seen, with the most spectacular graphics, but if it doesn&#39;t have games people want to play then there&#39;s no reason for them to buy it.

people who can&#39;t shut the hell up about mhz, gigaflops, frames per second and bogomips are the ones who are ignorant. whichever system has the games that are the most fun to play should be the one that you consider the best... not the one that simply has the most horsepower.

Vamp
11-08-2003, 11:45 AM
Actually, according to ID, Doom 3 on Xbox will retain the same graphical goodness as the PC Version... A Console, unlike a PC, is dedicated only to gaming and therefore the system specs for a PC do not apply to that of a Console.

I own the 3 best consoles

PS2
Xbox
Dreamcast (I refuse to buy a gamecube because there are no games on it that appeal to me&#33;)

I also have a relativly good PC, and I honestly say that Console gaming far surpasses PC Gaming. With console games you just pop the CD into your system and you&#39;re ready to play without having to install and without having to pray to God that the game will run nicely.

I prefer playing FPS&#39;s on consoles with the Controllers to playing with a Keyboard and Mouse...With Halo on Xbox, my thumbs adapt easily to the controls while on PC I find it more harder to play. (maybe because there is a shorter distance between keys on a controller then on a keyboard.)

All the best games I&#39;ve ever played appeared first on consoles before being ported to PC... And the console versions are still better.

Metal Gear Solid 2
GTA 3 and Vice City
Halo
Hitman 2
Silent Hill 2

Etc.

Mad Cat
11-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by TenebraruM@23 October 2003 - 09:58
Doesn&#39;t it just sooo agravate you the way no0bs critisize you and make fun of you, saying that you&#39;re wrong all the time and that you&#39;re stupid to buy a PC &#39; instead&#39; of a console and that consoles are just &#39;so&#39; much better than PCs?

Damn they must be idiots if they think that PCs are only for gaming ...

I mean there was something on the teletext Digitiser replacement letters section recently, it went something like this:
(Note that me is NOT me)

OMFG the ignorance&#33;&#33;

1) Consoles suck compared with PCs

I mean even the revolutionary PS2 128 bit emotion engine graphics is surpassed these days by the ATi 9800XT and the nVidia FX5900U ...

When I was saying this to a friend that had an Xbox, I said to him it was based on a 733mHz P3 (what I didn&#39;t realise at the time was that it was based on the rubbish Celeron), and that modern PCs were 2.53 at least with 6 operations per cycle ...
He replied that the Xbox was more than that, about 4gHz or he thought even more

I mean FFS&#33; he thought that HD space was internal volatile memory&#33;&#33; what a ignorant no0b

Later he got a Celeron from Dell and said that his PC owned and it was the latest&#33;&#33; put up the benchmarks and guess what ... I had a 3DMark 4x his, I mean ffs he thought that prebuilts owned ... omg

And also there was something on Digitiser recently &#39;God I feel like a Geek, comparing mHz with gHz, deciding which is better, really got to know what your talking about&#39;

Rrrrrr

And I mean

RRRRRRRRRR

This makes me feel ******* angry, I hate ignorance&#33;&#33;

And especially told I&#39;m wrong by a ******* no0b&#33;&#33;

They know **** all and should listen to us

I still havn&#39;t vented my anger RRRRRRr
It was surpassed by alot of the graphics processors of its time too.

One of the great advantages of these consoles are that they RELEASE THE GAMES ON DVDS, NOT 6 CDS LIKE THEY ARE DOING WITH UT2004.

Sorry for the caps, just ranting.

Mad Cat
11-08-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul@23 October 2003 - 10:47
dude your a noob and your a jackass moron whose contridicting yourself. what did u use to go on the internet? what did u use to post this topic?. first you tear down PC&#39;s then in another topic you act like you are the know all and be all PC tech. you moron you said you needed a 2.53 P4 to get and i quote "Decent" performance out of UT2k3. as far as im concerned your just another "dumb noob". and before you try and go off again about consoles i do own a Ps2 and i do not compare consoles to PC&#39;s and get the GS in the Ps2 can contend with ATI 9800 Pro&#39;s cause Killzone has proved that but still you come off as a moron and i advise you to re-think your opinions and post prefrences and topics before you continue to make yourself look like a complaining ass.
I get full performance from UT2003 with an Athlon 1.4ghz and a 64mb graphics card, not sure how tho.

EDIT: Sheet shouolda edited post above, sorry.

TheDave
11-08-2003, 12:40 PM
i always thought that a consloe was finely tuned so it could easily surpass a pc of equivilent specs :blink:

Mad Cat
11-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by TheDave@8 November 2003 - 12:40
i always thought that a consloe was finely tuned so it could easily surpass a pc of equivilent specs :blink:
PC has system resources dedicated to things other than gaming.

Just settle this by saying: PCs are good, consoles are good.

Evil Gemini
11-08-2003, 01:01 PM
http://shockingbird.com/download/gay_thread.gif