PDA

View Full Version : Total War series

Totti
03-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi all I just heard of this game what version do think i should d/l the newer Napoleon Total war or the slightly older on Empire Total war???

1000possibleclaws
03-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Well I loved Rome: Total War but haven't played Empire. I heard the AI in Empire was really glitchy, so if you want guns instead of of arrows, then I'd assume Napoleon would be the one to go for.

Rome and Medieval 2 and classic games that have aged well. I wouldn't go any further back than Rome though. I tried Medieval 1 recently and it was a huge step back from RomeTW

Totti
03-21-2010, 10:49 PM
sounds good the thing is that from what I've read the grand campaign in Napoleon is pretty limited compared to empire and that the variety of army's you can play with are fewer then in empire also..... is this true or not?

xbloodlust
03-25-2010, 04:11 PM
ive played Rome total war, with AI and with friends on LAN. its kind of a slow camp-and-ambush kind of game, little action, much thinking. i think most of them revolve around troop formation, flanking, and micromanagement, so if youre new to rts you could give this a go agsinst Very Easy AI, i assume the rest of the titles are roughly similar gameplay

Totti
03-26-2010, 02:00 PM
o.k so i just finished d/l it but the game has a fucked up installer how the hell do install the game correctly!?!?!?!?!??!