PDA

View Full Version : hdbits

nosal
03-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Any word if/when invites will be available?.

That1Guy
03-22-2010, 02:36 PM
nope, Im sure if/when they open them someone will make a thread.

SH00T
03-22-2010, 02:44 PM
another life ;)

nosal
03-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Well they'll have to open eventually when their user count gets too low I suppose.

That1Guy
03-22-2010, 03:37 PM
I guess. Although it has been holding strong at around 20,000 for as long as I can remember.

Cabalo
03-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Well they'll have to open eventually when their user count gets too low I suppose.

I suppose too. But the member count hasn't lowered at all last 14 months.
So don't expect it anytime soon.

Di@monds
03-22-2010, 07:36 PM
ppl still joining everyday, you just need to know the right one to get in

horton
03-22-2010, 09:15 PM
ppl still joining everyday, you just need to know the right one to get in
Explain,please...

ca_aok
03-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Staff members are still able to invite new members.

nosal
03-22-2010, 11:15 PM

lol who are the staff gonna invite?.They're the ones against invite sharing.

anon
03-22-2010, 11:18 PM
lol who are the staff gonna invite?

According what I've heard, people that can prove themselves to have advanced knowledge of video editing, encoding and such...

That1Guy
03-23-2010, 12:02 AM

lol who are the staff gonna invite?.They're the ones against invite sharing.

I wouldnt say they are against sharing, just sharing to random strangers in forums. Actually I was invited by staff, although it was a while ago (oink PU forum ftw).

IdolEyes787
03-23-2010, 12:04 AM
So regular users can upload at HDbits?Or are all this new people given membership specifically so they can be uploaders If not that requirement seems a little silly.:unsure:

That1Guy
03-23-2010, 12:09 AM
So regular users can upload at HDbits?Or are all this new people given membership specifically so they can be uploaders If not that requirement seems a little silly.:unsure:

The two lowest classes need to make an offer of their upload and get a certain amount of votes I believe. The 3 higher classes can just upload. I would bet that uploader rights can be given to the lower classes at staff's discretion but that is really just a guess.

Edit: damn idol you arent there? If they ever open up (big if), Im sure you wont have a problem getting invited.

Quarterquack
03-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Anyone can upload, to be honest. 1080i can upload while ignoring the 15 offer approvals rule, and that's basically anyone that has 30GBs down (which is pretty much ONE source) and have a 1 ratio, I think. Don't know the requirements off-hand.

Although, to be honest, a lot of time the uploaders/cappers/encoders end up getting a VIP rank and don't care much for ratio/stats. You'll find a lot of the uploaders actually have a <1 ratio.

gamesover
03-23-2010, 01:18 AM

They don't really need new blood. There is a lot of activity on most torrents. Different rules apply for uploaders. Of course they won't turn away someone who can cap.

Anyone can upload, to be honest. 1080i can upload while ignoring the 15 offer approvals rule, and that's basically anyone that has 30GBs down (which is pretty much ONE source) and have a 1 ratio, I think. Don't know the requirements off-hand.

I can confirm that. I'm 1080i and the upload page works for me.

IdolEyes787
03-23-2010, 01:26 AM
Edit: damn idol you arent there? If they ever open up (big if), Im sure you wont have a problem getting invited.

I don't really know anything about encoding( or necessarily want to learn) just an appreciation( or not ) of the material so it's probably not the site for me anyway.

They don't really need new blood. There is a lot of activity on most torrents. Different rules apply for uploaders. Of course they won't turn away someone who can cap.

Again I might be mistaken but I think that a movie/TV site that is more worried about the format than the intrinsic value (or not) and discussions pertaining to what is being presented is a little silly.

Of course I refuse to own a cellphone so what do I know?

That1Guy
03-23-2010, 01:36 AM

I don't really know anything about encoding( or necessarily want to learn) just an appreciation( or not ) of the material so it's probably not the site for me anyway.

meh, I dont know the first thing about encoding either. I'm sure a lot of the members are the same way. The forum and irc seems to have a lot of that type of conversation, but no one forces you to post.

There are definitely good bit users that arent there. Its a shame that they are like the hardest damn tracker to get in to anymore because for HD content it really is a great place.

Edit: /me buys idol a cell phone

IdolEyes787
03-23-2010, 01:41 AM
Cool where do I attach it to the phone jack?

Quarterquack
03-23-2010, 02:25 AM

If you want in, the next time they allow people to pass around invites, consider yourself invited.

It's a great site, even if you'll just appreciate/enjoy the content. You'll need a good system to keep up though, it's no joke when they tout the best HD quality on the net.

You don't necessarily have to upload anything, the cappers list is a measly 25 people on the staff page, and the encoders will be at most 100, that's even an over-estimation, considering a few groups have already abandoned ship. Those are out of 20,000 members, so you can see that the vast majority of the userbase have nothing to contribute.

xisabella
03-23-2010, 01:10 PM
HDB is prue good.

sources all from there.

antrax34130
03-23-2010, 01:43 PM
not really, source comme from topsites then trackers

ca_aok
03-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Not necessarily true in this case... HDBits is home to several P2P encoding groups.

Perhaps they'll get our hopes up again next christmas :(

Quarterquack
03-23-2010, 03:35 PM
not really, source comme from topsites then trackers

Not really. There are very few topsites that provide sources. No one would actually risk that kind of access to a P2P group, especially since it's easily detectable which release/encode came from which source.

Whether you want to believe it or not, most sources out there that our awesome releases/encodes come from are actually P2P sources. The second ecosystem (besides music) found on torrents that truly beats the scene.

Can't wait for the day when P2P game-cracking groups will show up. :wank:

gamesover
03-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Of course I refuse to own a cellphone so what do I know?

I've only had one cell phone in my life and that was years ago. I switch almost daily from being jealous of my friend's fancy iphones and blackberry's to thinking it's just a stupid useless technology.

Quarterquack
03-23-2010, 05:49 PM
If you can watch a scene HD encode for more than 5 minutes of a movie you don't belong on HDB

Scene HD uploads have more snatches on HDBits than encodes/sources put together, for the same movie. You can't deny it, either.

Some people are there for status, not quality. Also, by that logic I can throw out a "If you can watch a non-transparent encode from ESiR" (say the benjamin button encode) "for 5 minutes, you don't belong in HDB. Sources pwnz dude."

hotshot6473
03-23-2010, 05:54 PM
If you can watch a scene HD encode for more than 5 minutes of a movie you don't belong on HDB

Scene HD uploads have more snatches on HDBits than encodes/sources put together, for the same movie. You can't deny it, either.

Some people are there for status, not quality. Also, by that logic I can throw out a "If you can watch a non-transparent encode from ESiR" (say the benjamin button encode) "for 5 minutes, you don't belong in HDB. Sources pwnz dude."

Thats because people crossseed to get ratio or simply can't wait for an internal source to show up cause there is no guarantee that it will since people have to spend their own money on it. Also there is a big difference between internal encode transparency vs scene encode transparaency.

for internal we are talking about some shifted grain which not visible during normal watching conditions. With scene a large majority of grain and detail are lost.

antrax34130
03-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Yea mistake: not really, FULL BR source come from topsites then p2p encoders make their shit..

hotshot6473
03-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Yea mistake: not really, FULL BR source come from topsites then p2p encoders make their shit..

full BD disks don't have to be released on topsites. Encode groups can just have the source and encode from it.

Quarterquack
03-23-2010, 06:07 PM
for internal we are talking about some shifted grain which not visible during normal watching conditions. With scene a large majority of grain and detail are lost.

That we can agree on! I dislike scene encodes ever since I started watching them, on my neat 60 inch TV they look like absolute crap (moving to a projector soon! My lighting system is absolute crap in my entertainment room, so I'm going to work on the wiring and I'm planning to get a projector and set it up :D).

However, I still don't agree with you about all HDB members being quality crazed addicts. Scene releases have the most snatches not seeds, followed by 720p. If they were truly quality nazis, we would be seeing a lot more snatches on the 1080p encodes, instead of seeing that on just the popular movies.

For example: The latest freeleech, I got the most upload credit from the 720p releases I downloaded (they're for my dad who likes to take his laptop with him to work to watch movies with work buds, and his laptop isn't good enough for 1080p) and almost no traffic on previously downloaded 1080p's.

antrax34130
03-23-2010, 06:09 PM

full BD disks don't have to be released on topsites. Encode groups can just have the source and encode from it.

False, they come first there, just use a pre channel ...

Quarterquack
03-23-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't doubt that the scene has their own sources. I doubt that P2P use scene sources. Very few topsites (as mentioned in my previous post) archive full BD sources. No one will risk getting purged just to provide sources to P2P when it's so easy to find out which encode came from which source.

The latest style has been the scene encoders themselves using P2P sources, look at all the latest HD Group busts/pre'd notices.

Basically what I'm saying is: Scene has its sources. P2P have their sources. Some times they overlap. Most of the time they stick true to their own side of things.

ca_aok
03-23-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm not really certain why people expect scene releases to be better anyway... obviously a system that prides speed over quality is going to have a few issues, not to mention groups often have generic encoding presets regardless of the movie type or source which make passable quality rips (say what you will, they're definitely watchable), but I definitely agree that a decent P2P upload will almost always trump a scene release. Quite simply put, they have more time to devote to the encode, they're generally more experienced with the features of the codecs, and unlike the sceners can customize the encoding settings for each possible type of movie to maximize quality. They can also ignore the outdated scene size regulations, sizing for quality rather than compatibility with NxCD.

I agree with IdolEyes though. It's like the people who say MP3 is unlistenable. Sure, FLAC is great when you can get it, but if a 128kbps MP3 track is all I can get, I'll take it. Sometimes people forget to listen to/watch the media rather than their equipment.

A
03-24-2010, 10:29 AM
The thread is about HDbits and HDbits is a tracker which focuses on picture quality not how good a movie is.

@OP

Any word if/when invites will be available?.
When the mods start pruning accounts of users who just log in to keep their accounts alive? :idunno: