PDA

View Full Version : Burning Help

brisboarder
10-23-2003, 11:26 PM
1st posting here.All the help has been great,my eyes have been opened,but.....Is there any way to increase the volume of a dl movie before burning?Lotr two towers is a perfect copy but even with the volume on full it is very quiet.

Gre1
10-23-2003, 11:44 PM
If it has already been encoded which means that the extension on the file is .mpg then u can open Tmpgenc then go to simple demultiplex and then select the movie and hit run and when it finishes u will get a .m1v or m2v and a .mp2. The .mp2 is what u what, just download a program called headache (make sure u get all the plugins) and then input the .mp2 and set the destination file to .mp2 and hit options twice and then set the audio at 192 quality or higher (higher will get bigger file size of .mp2)

darkewolf
10-24-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Gre1@23 October 2003 - 23:44
If it has already been encoded which means that the extension on the file is .mpg then u can open Tmpgenc then go to simple demultiplex and then select the movie and hit run and when it finishes u will get a .m1v or m2v and a .mp2. The .mp2 is what u what, just download a program called headache (make sure u get all the plugins) and then input the .mp2 and set the destination file to .mp2 and hit options twice and then set the audio at 192 quality or higher (higher will get bigger file size of .mp2)
almost all video editing software has options for volume control. afraid that I cant recommend any in particular tho, cause audio and still image is what I work on, so I'm pretty inexeperienced with vid.
some sources for freewares and sharewares tho are: www.downloads.com
www.tucows.com www.webattack.com

Gre1
10-24-2003, 05:30 AM
But he can just do what I said and get the audio correct he probably has to encode anyway because I don't think it is encoded.

cwctv
10-24-2003, 04:39 PM
Quite correct Gre1 I had to do a recode myself for this movie it was a 5 speaker copy and it was very low even with the sound full on ,forgot to turn it down too boy did I know when I played something esle.

I used Avi2Vcd to go from 5 to 2 speaker sound (wav file) then VirtualDub to re-encode sound back to a higher volume easy but takes time.

SMID
10-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Drag your AVI into a program called Goldwave the audio deflashes then you save as wav (large file) and adjust volume to desired level (maximise)

Add wav back to AVI in tmpgenc and decode with new audio volume.