PDA

View Full Version : Few scene related questions

daveturner81
03-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Hello there,

I have a few questions for everyone about the scene, I recently downloaded a blu-ray COMPLETE release for one of my favorite films. The file was 45GB. I cannot believe the fact you can download blu ray movies in full with all the menus and features. I remember looking at a 650MB file on kazaa and thinking how could anyone ever download such as file? and now I am download 45000mb :|. My questions arise from this recent experience I guess some of which have nothing to do with blu ray releases but still;

How long has there been a BLU RAY COMPLETE section of the scene? I have not seen any scene rules for them. Was this as a result of the breaking of those codes that caused such controversy on DIGG.com?

Do you guys think that Ubisoft has finally found a way to defeat PC game pirates as there are no scene releases of AC2 and no working release for SH5. If some of the content required to run the game is only available through the net which is much more than just a simple check, it seems to me that no crack could ever subvert that.

Was there ever any iPhone scene rules posted as I have never seen such rules or a description of how to JB alike I had seen with the Xbox 360?

The PS3 in my opinion plus dongle applications will not be broken, I cannot see Office however coming with a dongle and for such a popular program I am sure ways would be found to bypass it

Does anyone max out their speeds with Bit torrent? I have not used it since its original release and got poor speeds back then, I guess private trackers like scenetorrents etc have uploaders with beefy connection so that might be fast?

Why have the scene neglected to release a Damon tools release in years and years, It seems so essential to the whole piracy field I cannot see why they dont release it?

There seems to be nothing but XBOX360 DLC downloads in the xbox360 section now, have they recently found a way to load DLC in an easier fashion or something?

Hope you don't mind these questions, much of it is rather discussion than questions but still :)

Many thanks,
Dave

anon
03-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Does anyone max out their speeds with Bit torrent? I have not used it since its original release and got poor speeds back then, I guess private trackers like scenetorrents etc have uploaders with beefy connection so that might be fast?

Most of the time I do max out my connection, yes.

Oh, and ScT is no more. They closed last year.

Cabalo
03-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Do you guys think that Ubisoft has finally found a way to defeat PC game pirates as there are no scene releases of AC2 and no working release for SH5. If some of the content required to run the game is only available through the net which is much more than just a simple check, it seems to me that no crack could ever subvert that.
Starforce 5 was also supposed to be unbeatable, and Ubisoft was the one who implemented it on games like splinter cell, and it was broken and turned into oblivion. Steam was cracked too. This one will eventually be broken too, but it might take the groups a little longer to do it due to specificities related to the gameplay. Remember starforce took 6 months to be defeated. I think it's still a record owner so far.

Does anyone max out their speeds with Bit torrent? I have not used it since its original release and got poor speeds back then, I guess private trackers like scenetorrents etc have uploaders with beefy connection so that might be fast?I max out my DL speed easily at a handful of sites.

Why have the scene neglected to release a Damon tools release in years and years, It seems so essential to the whole piracy field I cannot see why they dont release it?Good question. I don't think it's for a question of respect, but due to the fact that the free version provides enough functionality for the ISO mounting needed nowadays.
Besides, i don't know if you've followed their forums, but have you noticed some years ago they seemed quite connected to a couple of pirate groups? That might explain it.

daveturner81
03-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Good question. I don't think it's for a question of respect, but due to the fact that the free version provides enough functionality for the ISO mounting needed nowadays.
Besides, i don't know if you've followed their forums, but have you noticed some years ago they seemed quite connected to a couple of pirate groups? That might explain it.

I thought one of the reasons for that could be that many some of the pirates actually run that but then again it would not stop other groups especially smaller ones releasing it. Maybe the free version does suffice though yes.

Starforce 5 was also supposed to be unbeatable, and Ubisoft was the one who implemented it on games like splinter cell, and it was broken and turned into oblivion. Steam was cracked too. This one will eventually be broken too, but it might take the groups a little longer to do it due to specificities related to the gameplay. Remember starforce took 6 months to be defeated. I think it's still a record owner so far.

I guess there could be away, but if part of the game code comes from the online servers then some way to figure out what this is and the re put it and call it from the cracked location is going to be hard. Not everything is crackable though, not that there is not away but finding one could be too hard; an example of course is the PS3. The amount of people who would love to have their name against the full cracking to run games on that. There must be so many people trying and still nothing.

Dave

Quarterquack
03-26-2010, 01:02 AM

They haven't. They never will. I was part of the game cracking scene on a very unpopular console. The geniuses up above me in the cracking skills hierarchy were capable of ripping, cracking and enabling hidden features of the games through the console (checks involved, had to go through the console to even see the directories involved) on a console that only used 4mb of system RAM. The geniuses in the cracking scene also crack every subsequent WoW/Maple Story (nearly entirely server sided) gaming environment, for private servers. Believe me when I say that those "geniuses" that you hear of doing insane things like hacking amazon at the age of 13 aren't even the half of it. Just give it time, time is all it takes.

The PS3 in my opinion plus dongle applications will not be broken, I cannot see Office however coming with a dongle and for such a popular program I am sure ways would be found to bypass it

Refer to my message above about time. The PS3 is no exception. I'm sure a few years from now people will be laughing at how some security exploit was in the way in the full time and no one noticed it, or how a modder extraordinaire decided to rework the PS3 completely in order to make it easier to hack. Be sure that as long as someone is holding whatever needs to be hacked/cracked physically, it will be done.

I regularly max my connection out. Trackers like SceneAccess (since you're interested in the scene)/HDBits (since you're interested in HD content) do it for me.

Why have the scene neglected to release a Damon tools release in years and years, It seems so essential to the whole piracy field I cannot see why they dont release it?

I honestly don't know, although, Alcohol 120% is continuously released, rather than Daemon Tools. That and the fact that 1cd/2cd standards are actually MADE so that you burn them onto discs, not replay them on your PC off the HD. If you want that so bad, download, install and run 7zip, and extract the CD's using 7zip's inbuilt ISO-extractor. That's why cracking daemon tools is not only cumbersome, but unnecessary, in my opinion.

As for your pointers regarding scene rules, this is the best collection I could find: http://scenereleases.info/2006/06/the-scene-rules.html ; Just look for what you want and google the rest.

daveturner81
03-26-2010, 03:34 PM
As for your pointers regarding scene rules, this is the best collection I could find: http://scenereleases.info/2006/06/the-scene-rules.html ; Just look for what you want and google the rest.

Thanks for the link, I have access to many scene rules gathered from googling and also downloading them when they were 0day but cannot find any for what I asked for. I'm sure they exist especially the Blu-ray complete one.

I was curious about BT speed because it used to be a bit point to laugh at BT downloaders due to the slow speeds. I used Suprnova and was so impressed that it got new content a week after 0day, that was considered great then to me. It soon changed to a few days and then 0 +10mins I guess, I have had access to scenetorrents, FTN and was amazed at the +2mins after PRE etc. Nowadays though it really does not bother me, I guess I wanted 0sec to simply be better than others and that has to be the reason for why others desperatly seek it, to be BETTER in their opinion that the rest. What these people and I did not realise is that I have downloaded so much stuff, learning and books which the scene would never release and that's all because of P2P. I like both however I do not trust any P2P application/game cracks; that's probably not going to change.

I download via a few FTP's and NGs, 0day to 0week, it's good enough and RS/HF for non scene content. I do not personally ever wish to use BT.

anon
03-26-2010, 03:40 PM
I was curious about BT speed because it used to be a bit point to laugh at BT downloaders due to the slow speeds. I used Suprnova and was so impressed that it got new content a week after 0day, that was considered great then to me.

Speeds tend to be slower on public trackers, since you don't have to keep an upload-to-download ratio if you don't want to. On most private sites excessively leeching without giving anything back will eventually get you banned.

Quarterquack
03-26-2010, 04:09 PM
I do not trust any P2P application/game cracks; that's probably not going to change.

I've torrented since the protocol came out (only became avid about it in 2003), joined the scene for a few months, came back to torrenting and I still don't trust the exact cracks you're talking about. It's not just you, haha.

daveturner81
03-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Talking about the Daemon tools advanced release, there is a public version of the latest one available at freshswap which probably is genuine but I would have to run it through a quarantine OS and see what it does to the system to see if anything was slipped into it. I will report back :)