PDA

View Full Version : Bluray on pc?

TinyDancer
03-26-2010, 02:37 AM
How to watch it?
Which program u use?

Ive googled, but probably bad or its hard to find solution to problem, "Software for watching bluray on pc"?

Thanks.

Tv Controls you
03-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Do you have a blue ray disk, or a file on your hard drive?

Whats the extension?

TinyDancer
03-26-2010, 02:54 AM
Do you have a blue ray disk, or a file on your hard drive?

Whats the extension?

I think file is being downloaded from HD trackers :) Iso file or wtf? I dont know anything about BR, i know i just tryed to run it once and it didnt work with VLC or MPC...

Tv Controls you
03-26-2010, 03:00 AM
http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Install, right click the iso file and click mount.
then try to play with vlc

*sorry for slow response, shutter island is going crazy in utorrent lol.

antrax34130
03-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Power DVD 10 Ultra for full BR , vlc por full br sux

ThorMAN
03-26-2010, 10:12 AM
I use CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra 3D ;)

LubTheStaringCat
03-26-2010, 10:18 AM
I usually use SMPlayer for watching Bluray.
Try the K-Lite Codec Pack, for various codec updates.

sake
03-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Power DVD 10 Ultra for full BR , vlc por full br sux

The best program :)

Quarterquack
03-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 05:01 PM
When I see Blu-ray on pc, I think of putting a 25-50 gig disc into my Blu-ray player and I have used Arcsoft and Cyberlink Power DVD (preferred) to play them.

As for files, I play iso files by mounting to a drive using imgburn, then playing the file with a media player, Power DVD will do but others will also. The MPC-HC works with the proper codecs, I use CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack).

Regards

Quarterquack
03-26-2010, 05:13 PM
The MPC-HC works with the proper codecs

Shhhh. Now everyone will use it. :( Haha, just kidding, but I really do hate the people who dismiss MPC-HC because "it doesn't work". It's one of the most stable playback programs, however, only with the proper codecs installed.

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 05:22 PM
"Shhhh. Now everyone will use it."

:)

(Yes, this is a totally superfluous post solely designed to get my post count up)

anon
03-26-2010, 05:32 PM
I really do hate the people who dismiss MPC-HC because "it doesn't work". It's one of the most stable playback programs, however, only with the proper codecs installed.

It's what I use, with ffdshow and CoreAVC (for H264 video) also installed. Great piece of software.

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 05:43 PM
I really do hate the people who dismiss MPC-HC because "it doesn't work". It's one of the most stable playback programs, however, only with the proper codecs installed.

It's what I use, with ffdshow and CoreAVC (for H264 video) also installed. Great piece of software.

Shit. Now the cat is out of the bag. I'll bet millions of people are d'loading it as we type.

Tv Controls you
03-26-2010, 05:52 PM

Shit. Now the cat is out of the bag. I'll bet millions of people are d'loading it as we type.

I'll stick with vlc on the computer as I rarely watch videos on it :P.

Every blu-ray I get I ship over to my wd live to watch on the big screen.

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 06:41 PM

I'll stick with vlc on the computer as I rarely watch videos on it :P.

Every blueray I get I ship over to my wd live to watch on the big screen.

"Blu-ray" discs are played either on my PC or more likely with my Sony BDP-360 on the 42" 1080p TV in my sleeping quarters. As for files, I also have a WD TV HD Media Player which I use in conjunction with an HP SimpleSave ext. hd to watch on the TV.

The Onkyo HT-S6200, 7:1 HTIB, brings the Blu-ray to life nicely, on a budget.

ose
03-26-2010, 07:49 PM
one more to try

TotalMedia Theatre 3 Platinum (http://www.arcsoft.com/estore/software_title.asp?ProductCode=TMT3P#submenu)

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 07:55 PM
one more to try

TotalMedia Theatre 3 Platinum (http://www.arcsoft.com/estore/software_title.asp?ProductCode=TMT3P#submenu)

Yes. TMT from Arcsoft.

kukushka
03-26-2010, 08:01 PM
for full blurays i'm still using PowerDVD Ultra Deluxe v7.3.3319, works perfectly (i believe it's the latest version that can play bdmv structure without having to build .iso images).
actually playing full blurays it's the easiest thing to do cause the content is pretty much standart, unlikely matroska stuff, tv captures etc. that can be very specific..
the key points for me - dxva & spdif pass-through. until latest builds, as example, mpc-hc couldn't extract core from dts-hd (at least, for me)

brightsid
03-26-2010, 08:16 PM
I think that ffdshow's latest update support dts-hd and dolbt true-hd bitstreaming at least for ati 5xxx or asus xonar. And with the new option of automatic refresh rate change, mpc-hc is hard to beat as a movie player

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 08:26 PM
for full blurays i'm still using PowerDVD Ultra Deluxe v7.3.3319, works perfectly (i believe it's the latest version that can play bdmv structure without having to build .iso images).
actually playing full blurays it's the easiest thing to do cause the content is pretty much standart, unlikely matroska stuff, tv captures etc. that can be very specific..
the key points for me - dxva & spdif pass-through. until latest builds, as example, mpc-hc couldn't extract core from dts-hd (at least, for me)

Hm. . .

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1214254

kukushka
03-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Hm. . .

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1214254
"hm" what exactly? :) my mpc is finally extracting dts core and sending it to spdif like it should... the most recent problem that i met with it - 60fps tv capture is being played at 30fps, but it's outside of the topic :)

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 08:53 PM
"Hm", meant that your slightly peculiar grammar/spelling left me not completely certain I understood the issue. My link was to a thread with significant information vis a vis what I thought was your issue, from a GREAT site.

Agreed. Frame rate is outside the scope of this topic; but check out AVS

Progressive
03-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Media Player Classic Home Cinema or Gom player

hotshot6473
03-26-2010, 10:09 PM
For full BD disks you are gonna want to use Powerdvd or Arcsoft TMT in order to use the advantage of hardware acceleration like Purevideo. Just have to make sure you enable it int he settings

Other than that you can use MPC-HC to play the raw .m2ts file or you can load a playlist for a BD with seamless branching(this is only available with new releases from http://www.xvidvideo.ru/media-player-classic-home-cinema-x86-x64/ )

TinyDancer
03-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Thanks guys! Awesome respond to my question.
Im glad you all shared something here :)

Well when i try to open bluray image from hard drive i cant open it with PowerDVD...

hotshot6473
03-27-2010, 12:23 AM
you need to mount it with a virtual drive. You also need to have UDF 2.5 installed on your comp to view the files in explorer

Tv Controls you
03-27-2010, 12:42 AM
Thanks guys! Awesome respond to my question.
Im glad you all shared something here :)

Well when i try to open bluray image from hard drive i cant open it with PowerDVD...

You still need to mount it. Use the link I posted on the first page.
Use whatever player everyone is suggesting besides vlc lol.

I recommended vlc because it seems as if your just trying to watch the video and vlc makes it very simple to play video files.

db_la_23
03-28-2010, 02:04 AM
i use KM media player. its good

invitehunter
03-28-2010, 07:13 AM
u need to have a bluray reader man.. i use power dvd for blu ray...
if u want to see brrips then use vlc

hotshot6473
03-28-2010, 02:32 PM
never ever use VLC for any video unless you have to. Always use MPC-HC for regular video files

If your mounting disks or playing them from a folder structure use TMT or Powerdvd

robisoare
03-28-2010, 02:33 PM
use
arcsoft total media theatre or center i dont know but is awesome

kondrae
03-28-2010, 11:56 PM
I recommend mounting any ISOs with Daemon Tools

rockalpha
03-29-2010, 01:28 AM
mount it and play the biggest file in bdmv

Tv Controls you
03-29-2010, 03:03 AM
I recommend mounting any ISOs with Daemon Tools

I rather not install garbage that is packaged with spy-ware.

Every version since v4.00 contains bundled adware concealed as a toolbar

-source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_Tools

Really... slysoft is so much more professional, is still free, and is completely spyware/adware free
I know there is ways to get around installing the adware, but why should I support a company that is looking to exploit my security.

Nitti
03-30-2010, 06:07 AM
can you access mpc-hc on a ps3 via wireless signal and play the hi def packets like mkv or others that are on your pc?