PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] waffles.fm, what.cd, something

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 05:40 PM
I need a music tracker, something with music as its raison d'etre.

If someone actually wants to help, I have numerous proofs and am a PU at several sites, etc.

anon
03-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Did you try the What.cd interview?

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Let me guess. . . irc?

anon
03-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Yes:

http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/

IdolEyes787
03-26-2010, 05:52 PM
If you aren't looking for anything too obscure or aren't likely to use it that much I would just go with whatever is the easiest to get into and the easiest to keep a ratio on.

QPD
03-26-2010, 06:00 PM
WhatCD is the hardest spot for a 1:1 ratio

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Well, I have a seedbox. Got it a couple of weeks ago (Xirvik semi-dedicated 125 Gig).

As for content. . . Well, I am old ;)

I am mostly looking for music of the late 70s-90s with some stuff later; e.g. Motorhead, VH, GNR, through Pantera and Hatebreed. I also enjoy some "outlaw country" music.

Odd mixture. . .

Yes:

http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/

Thanks, but I exchanged pm's with you concerning my not accessing irc.

anon
03-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks, but I exchanged pm's with you concerning my not accessing irc.

Sorry, I forgot about that :P

QPD
03-26-2010, 06:25 PM
trust me...it;s not about speed, but the fact they have 1 bil albums there...

anonymous0711
03-26-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you could find what you want from the aforementioned bands on many general trackers like IPT etc... unless you NEED flac or are looking for more underground bands then imo what/waffles etc arent always necessary

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm pretty sure you could find what you want from the aforementioned bands on many general trackers like IPT etc... unless you NEED flac or are looking for more underground bands then imo what/waffles etc arent always necessary

Strange, I thought the same. So, I checked on IPT this morning and returned the "Nothing found" screen. I searched "Molly Hatchet". It's hit and miss.

trust me...it;s not about speed, but the fact they have 1 bil albums there...

Number of albums? I think in terms of client, swarm, seeders-leeches.

anon-sbi: No worries

QPD
03-26-2010, 06:57 PM
well i exaggerated a bit...

# Torrents: 742,457
# Albums: 361,553

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 07:59 PM
:whistling

Dammit! :unsure:

IdolEyes787
03-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Strange, I thought the same. So, I checked on IPT this morning and returned the "Nothing found" screen. I searched "Molly Hatchet". It's hit and miss.

sFs8G0yOtfc

Now you're hitting me where I live.:cry:

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 08:34 PM

sFs8G0yOtfc

Now you're hitting me where I live.:cry:

You gotta be shittin' me. A Canadian who lives in Casablanca, Morocco and listens to Hatchet? :)

IdolEyes787
03-26-2010, 09:02 PM
After enough Jack Daniel's I've been even know to listen to Black Oak Arkansas.:O

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 09:09 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Indeed.

In the state in which I reside, tis Maker's Mark or it used to be.

Now, for moi, it's just a nice Cuban Cigar, for example a Cohiba Siglo II, and some generic espresso.

Speedo
03-26-2010, 10:37 PM

Indeed.

Now, for moi, it's just a nice Cuban Cigar, for example a Cohiba Siglo II, and some generic espresso.

I'm not objective about this in any case, but I would also be the first dude to ask what music you're after.

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 11:08 PM

Indeed.

I'm not objective about this in any case, but I would also be the first dude to ask what music you're after.

Not quite certain what you mean, here. . . but

"As for content. . . Well, I am old ;)

I am mostly looking for music of the late 70s-90s with some stuff later; e.g. Motorhead, VH, GNR, through Pantera and Hatebreed. I also enjoy some "outlaw country" music."

Speedo
03-26-2010, 11:19 PM

I am mostly looking for music of the late 70s-90s with some stuff later; e.g. Motorhead, VH, GNR, through Pantera and Hatebreed. I also enjoy some "outlaw country" music."

No shame in beeing old. I am too I guess. But I have no knowledge about trackers with that sort of content. Wish I did though. Wish you all happyness on you futher searches.

Aristocles
03-26-2010, 11:30 PM

No shame in beeing old. I am too I guess. But I have no knowledge about trackers with that sort of content. Wish I did though. Wish you all happyness on you futher searches.

LOL! Well I exaggerate a bit. I'm not very smart but I can still lift heavy objects, even at my advanced age. Self-deprecation is most always virtuous, though :)

Thanks for the well wishes, I feel certain that all will work out.

Hell, even now I am in search of a 1080p of Lang's masterwork "M".

antitrader
03-27-2010, 02:12 AM
pm your mail please

Aristocles
03-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Looks like I am in thanks to the benevolence of an FST member.

Thanks to those who offered both an account or an invite

Aristocles
03-28-2010, 04:38 PM
You know, I was given some advice by IdolEyes concerning this tracker. Since I know all things 'a priori', I ignored it. :)

I am now quickly concluding he is correct concerning my need for such a place vis a vis the concomitant difficulties.

some1
03-28-2010, 06:11 PM
have u tried themusicplay.net
good site .hight speed good numbers of seeder .great style

IdolEyes787
03-28-2010, 06:24 PM
You know, I was given some advice by IdolEyes concerning this tracker. Since I know all things 'a priori', I ignored it. :)

I am now quickly concluding he is correct concerning my need for such a place vis a vis the concomitant difficulties.

In my experience at least ,unless you are really heavily into downloading music and willing to take the time to upload some of your own stuff then as appealing as the idea of belonging to a music site is chances are ( and you want to at least give the perception of being a good member) it's going to be more headache than enjoyment.

Like I said though I'm really not up on alternatives to the two you mentioned so I was hoping that other people would fill in the gap in my knowledge for you.
I don't know if it's a viable option anymore but soulseek used to be a good way to get a few songs without either being a waste of space or turning it into a part-time occupation.