PDA

View Full Version : 24 Officially Canceled

SonsOfLiberty
03-27-2010, 01:18 AM
Never watched the show, so can't really comment, sure there will be some upset folks.

Earlier this month it was reported that this season of 24 would likely be the last for the series as the ratings have dropped and Fox seems disinterested in continuing production. At the time it was mentioned that the studio is considering shopping the series to other networks, but everyone believed that interest would probably be limited due to the high costs involved. It was later reported that Fox has been approached by NBC to pick up the series. But that last ditch effort did not come through. Series director/producer Jon Cassar announced minutes ago on Twitter that the show has been officially canceled:

News from the 24 set,the crew has been told that 24 has come to an end. There will b no season 9. Its been a great run, thanx all 4 watching

http://twitter.com/joncassar/status/11112400187

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/03/26/24-officially-canceled/

Rart
03-27-2010, 01:31 AM
I'm not surprised, considering it's already been going on for 8 seasons, more than most other shows can claim.

It's kind of like Smallville. It's been toiling on for seasons and seasons and should've been ended long ago.

db_la_23
03-27-2010, 01:53 AM
good it was the same plot in all the seasons.

IdolEyes787
03-27-2010, 01:55 AM
Thank God now AlriyG600 might finally be able to get some sleep.

reasons :

WHY?!!

you ask me why do i need tvtorrents , i m stick here on my HD screen on the weekend , watching over than 23 episode weekly for all show that i like,

on Monday i don‘t sleep cause i stay week up to watch my Best show ever 24 on freshon.tv

my life all about tv

i have freshon , bitmetv , and other tv , but i still need this one , so i can get the show that not exist on the other websites

if i talk about the TV series i can‘t stop cause i m Freak in that :)

darkstate01
03-27-2010, 09:21 AM
God damn it!!! No more Jack bauer chopping peoples heads off and saving america from nuclear bombs going off.....I'm official bored of TV now,oh hang on, spartacus chops peoples heads off and kills everything thats put in front of him, I'll watch that instead then :)

alisu
03-27-2010, 11:48 AM
I think this is a great season to end the series. Sure it could keep going but it's not a problem for it to end now. Everything fits.

IdolEyes787
03-27-2010, 11:55 AM
God damn it!!! No more Jack bauer chopping peoples heads off and saving america from nuclear bombs going off.....I'm official bored of TV now,oh hang on, spartacus chops peoples heads off and kills everything thats put in front of him, I'll watch that instead then :)

Plus boobies.

The_Martinator
03-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Haven't watched an episode yet, so no big loss for me. :D

darkstate01
03-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Oh yes and the big boobies and gratuitous TV sex. good call IdolEyes787 forgot about that in my slight rant :)

IdolEyes787
03-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Despite it's extended run and increasingly ridiculous and recycled plots 24 was a failure as a series because it broke the one cardinal rule for spy shows - it totally lacked any sex appeal.And when I say sex appeal I'm not just talking T&A ,Bourne is "sexy" because of the action and locale without the slightest hint of skin.Same with Harry Palmer cold as ice and still "sexy"
Also 24 (rot in Hell for this ) extrapolated on what the X-Files began - plot advancement/exposition by cellphone dialogue instead of actual action or creativity .
The unfortunate result of which can be seen in movies like the recent "The Bounty Hunter " in which instead of characters actually interacting and developing ( see similar situation much ,much ,infinitely much better movie in "It Happened One Night ") all need for creating plot is thrown away with a couple totally unbelievably convenient cellphone calls.
Make everyone computer generated ,blow a few things up and you'd have the prefect modern movie.

Skiz
03-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Someone put Mulder on suicide watch. :O

DATTER
03-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Thank God now AlriyG600 might finally be able to get some sleep.

reasons :

WHY?!!

you ask me why do i need tvtorrents , i m stick here on my HD screen on the weekend , watching over than 23 episode weekly for all show that i like,

on Monday i don‘t sleep cause i stay week up to watch my Best show ever 24 on freshon.tv

my life all about tv

i have freshon , bitmetv , and other tv , but i still need this one , so i can get the show that not exist on the other websites

if i talk about the TV series i can‘t stop cause i m Freak in that :)

LOOOOOOOOL :lol:

ablearcher
04-18-2010, 06:44 AM
I'm puzzled why this season of 24 is considered a bad one - just look at the torrents - people are dl-ing it like crazy. 24 was and is a great show, can't name one TV show that comes anywhere close to intensity of 24. The plot is intense throught the whole season. The show indeed does not have any sex appeal and they have no cheap drama queens in it and I wanna say thank you to the creators of the show for that. 24 is a benchmark and I don't see anything that can substitute it or come anywhere close to it. Sad news about cancellation...

yevgeny
04-18-2010, 07:26 AM
well im along the same lines as ^ guy - besides lost 24 looks to be the most active on torrent sites. besides that i think its a good show i do realise they kill one bad guy and create a new one and the plot is bery repetitive but i ask what else is there that i could watch. .. sad to see it go.

darkstate01
04-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Don't worry, theres a film in the pipeline in 2 yrs, 2 hour special based in europe. should be fun.

IdolEyes787
04-18-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm puzzled why this season of 24 is considered a bad one - just look at the torrents - people are dl-ing it like crazy. 24 was and is a great show, can't name one TV show that comes anywhere close to intensity of 24. The plot is intense throught the whole season. The show indeed does not have any sex appeal and they have no cheap drama queens in it and I wanna say thank you to the creators of the show for that. 24 is a benchmark and I don't see anything that can substitute it or come anywhere close to it. Sad news about cancellation...

What ( largely) a bunch of kids download off the internet does not reflect society in general( see Heroes for further proof ).
24 is an extremely expensive show to produce and whatever the quality of this season may be , it's rating continue to slide.
It's getting killed in the rating by both DWTS and Two and a Half Men/Big Bang Theory and only barely beating newbie Trauma.In fact for such a established/venerated show it is only the ninth most viewed network show for the whole night among 18-49 year olds..
For anyone whose job is to bring advertising dollars to their network ( show business) canceling it was more or less a no -brainer .In fact the only reason it survived so long is it gave the network a bit of glamour/exposure during the awards season.

darkstate01
04-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Still, It should be good to see what the film franchise (if it becomes a franchise) has to offer, Bruce willis and is die hard series did well,even though it wasn't a TV series. Still, a dude with a gun shooting bad guys always gets good ratings in my house, Go Jack.

ablearcher
04-19-2010, 12:57 AM
What ( largely) a bunch of kids download off the internet does not reflect society in general( see Heroes for further proof ).Heroes might be a proof of what you are saying (I never watched this show), but I have a hard time believing that 24 is downloaded mostly by kids. From what I see around me, kids do not have interest in shows like 24. Not their type. No cheap drama which can be comprehended by a teenager, no sex appeal, no romantic vampires, no "cool superheroes" and no mutants. A show about fairly intelligent professional and serious people can hardly be No1 on the radar of todays kids.

I do understand the business part of it, but that still does not change the fact that the show is pretty much the best in its genre and there is still no substitute for it on TV. As I said - sad news.

darkstate01
04-19-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm a big fan of 24 as you can see and think that maybe its T.V days have come to an end and the film chapter has just started, maybe in the years to come it will become huge in cinemas,24 part 5 etc, cinemas always want good guys killing bad guys with an healthy love scene thrown in. Time will tell.

Barbarossa
04-19-2010, 10:56 AM
The first series was good, and the second one was OK but the third one was shite and I didn't bother watching any more :dabs:

darkstate01
04-19-2010, 12:09 PM
I thought the first was worst out of all the series,it got really stupid in the middle with the whole I've lost my memory of the wife, Its supposed to be a series about ctu and they wasted a lot of time on that part of the series,luckily it picked up on series 2 onwards.

djnoxious
04-19-2010, 05:43 PM
I loved 24, gonna miss it

darkstate01
04-19-2010, 06:44 PM
2 yrs till the film is avsilable for you
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1598754/

magicpsycho
04-25-2010, 08:19 AM
well, it is a pitty, nevertheless, after watching very boring 6 season, very good 7, and now watching 8 wich is bland, i do believe it's a good decsion.

MeepMeep
04-25-2010, 10:49 PM
thankgod I'm so sick of that fricking clock!!

ablearcher
04-26-2010, 03:13 AM
well, it is a pitty, nevertheless, after watching very boring 6 season, very good 7, and now watching 8 wich is bland, i do believe it's a good decsion.
Calling 24 a "boring" show makes me wonder what exactly might be more dymamic on TV that you really enjoy? :blink:

IdolEyes787
04-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Calling 24 a "boring" show makes me wonder what exactly might be more dymamic on TV that you really enjoy? :blink:

You seem to be saying that pointless action undertaken but poorly written characters who no one has much vested interest in coupled to repetitive scripts that lack the tiniest bit of logic equates to excitement.

Just my opinion but what is truly "exciting" is not knowing exactly how something is going to turn out .With 24 as soon as any scene is set up it doesn't take any psychic ability to see the outcome.
That and as mentioned since all of the characters ( even Jack) are little more than cardboard cut-outs propped up only so they can be knocked down you gives a fuck?

Tempus9
04-27-2010, 02:32 AM

You seem to be saying that pointless action undertaken but poorly written characters who no one has much vested interest in coupled to repetitive scripts that lack the tiniest bit of logic equates to excitement.

Just my opinion but what is truly "exciting" is not knowing exactly how something is going to turn out .With 24 as soon as any scene is set up it doesn't take any psychic ability to see the outcome.
That and as mentioned since all of the characters ( even Jack) are little more than cardboard cut-outs propped up only so they can be knocked down you gives a fuck?

Guess 24 truly is a love it or hate it thing. Unfortunately, I love it and will miss it when it's gone.:pinch:

mpryme
05-08-2010, 06:20 PM
i liked watching it. it's basically the same show every year, though. wonder how they're gonna make that into a movie.

huncky
05-09-2010, 09:29 AM
finally , this should have ended since s4

Que
05-09-2010, 12:03 PM
No more Jack Bauer? :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6yUCbqAGrg&feature=player_embedded

darkstate01
05-09-2010, 12:17 PM
lol, Oh and jack, Merry christmas

cyrusvn
05-10-2010, 03:18 AM
My roommate is really upset about this one. He's a big fan of 24 lol

yoco
05-11-2010, 05:27 PM
I say it's was about time. I really only liked first two seasons. They were epic! :D