PDA

View Full Version : Sound Card Help

djweiser
10-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Hi, i just brought some new dj software. i dont know if this is possible, but i have a standard sound card with main output (aux i think), line out, and microphone. The "aux" output is connected to my pc speakers, and id like to be able 2 connect my headphones so i can preview a track on the next deck before mixing (which is possible within the sofware). Shall i connect the headphones to line out, aux out or what? please help guys

cwctv
10-24-2003, 10:39 PM
connect the headphones to line out, aux out or what?

It dosen't matter as long as you can hear sound mine is line out I have a "Y" connector (splitter) on it so I have speakers and headphones on at the same time.

djweiser
10-24-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by cwctv@24 October 2003 - 22:39

connect the headphones to line out, aux out or what?

It dosen't matter as long as you can hear sound mine is line out I have a "Y" connector (splitter) on it so I have speakers and headphones on at the same time.
the headphones have to be different channel , because im using them to preview the next track, before the sound comes through speakers.

darkewolf
10-25-2003, 02:28 AM
more often than not, Aux (auxiliary) is for extra speakers, running it to the stereo, and...headphones. myself tho, I dont bother with it, since my PC speakers have a headphones jack on the back of the woofer.

kurtsl0an
10-25-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by netweiser-@24 October 2003 - 23:05
the headphones have to be different channel , because im using them to preview the next track, before the sound comes through speakers. [/quote]
i thought u were banned netweiser????????????

Evil Gemini
10-25-2003, 03:40 AM
Im not sure its possible you can have two seperate tracks playing through two outputs.

Have a look in the deejay software if you can assign each track to a different output.

You might need a more advanced sound card.

Not sure about this i have never tried. Hey its something new to check out :D

dingoBaby
10-25-2003, 06:44 AM
What kind of soundcard are you using? What is the dj program you are using?

djweiser
10-25-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by kurtsl0an@25 October 2003 - 02:55

the headphones have to be different channel , because im using them to preview the next track, before the sound comes through speakers.
i thought u were banned netweiser???????????? [/quote]
ive never been banned. been on moderation for a week, but now im off B)

djweiser
10-25-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by dingoBaby@25 October 2003 - 06:44
What kind of soundcard are you using? What is the dj program you are using?
im using Atomix, the version which says it can. and my soundcard is a built onto the motherboard i think - very basic.

cwctv
10-25-2003, 11:15 AM
Thats cool don't think your onboard will allow that a top end blaster might so you want to play the same track at the same time so you can edit the first before you hear the second, which would be the first but the way you want it (or have I lost myself there :( ). :D
Its a kind of delay ?
Doesn't Atomix have a list of cards that can be used or how to connect you leads up?

dingoBaby
10-25-2003, 03:54 PM
I looked at the atomix website. It appears that in order to do what you want you need what they call a "3D card". That means you need a card that has front and rear outputs. The software will assign the "playing now" mix to one output and the "on deck" mix to the other.

A soundblaster live! would work. You could also use 2 soundcards.