PDA

View Full Version : The bittard section

IdolEyes787
03-29-2010, 06:35 PM
It's a bad place filled with bad people .Never go there.:sad1:

At least without Dramamine and maybe a hickory switch.

Cabalo
03-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Oh no, my worst fears are becoming true. You're becoming a loungie.

enoughfakefiles
03-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Where is this section you speak off :unsure:

IdolEyes787
03-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Oh no, my worst fears are becoming true. You're becoming a loungie.

I like it ,it's quiet here .I have anyoneamuse on ignore so I'm more or alone.
Actually I'd prefer to hang out in the movie section but I've given up on trying to defeat the " i seen Avatar 10/10 "crowd .Although if someone what's to talk about doing twice a day workouts or corncob pullups in the sports section I'd be willing to give it a go.

Didn't think so.:(

IdolEyes787
03-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Where is this section you speak off :unsure:

Don't ask .It's kind of like saying " Candyman" three times in that once you do it there is no turning back.

Shlesers
03-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Actually I'd prefer to hang out in the movie section but I've given up on trying to defeat the " i seen Avatar 10/10 "crowd.

They should name it ''Rambo In World Of Warcraft'' instead of Avatar.
Avatar 2 looks promising :naughty:
6dIOw2sffHI

IdolEyes787
03-29-2010, 07:08 PM
If not better than at least more original.:rolleyes:

Btw How to Train your Dragon is better than Avatar . Best 3D and the characters are more believable too.

Shlesers
03-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Is it really worth to watch movie in 3d? It's been a while since I was at cinema last time so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. But I've heard that old man died watched Avatar 3D, so I'm bit scared :unsure:
I guess It's only one solution for all my questions. I'm going to "How to Train your Dragon" sometime this week, so If I'm not here for some time you know what happened to me...

IdolEyes787
03-29-2010, 07:24 PM
"3D is just another gimmick, right down there with Smell-O-Vision, electric shocks coming through the seat, vibrating cinema chairs and, of course, the last 17 times that the industry has tried to make 3D into the Next Big Thing. And we still don't need it. I've never, ever seen a 3D movie that so much as breathed softly on my socks, never mind blew them off.
Realistically, the technology offers exactly two tricks of note. There's the annoying one, as demonstrated in Monsters vs Aliens, which opens with a guy batting a ball at the screen just to go, 'Ooooh! 3D in your face!' If I never see that trick again, it'll be too soon.
The other one, which is largely pushing the 3D revolution, is all about adding depth to scenes. This trick can work, I'll admit, and it can also be effective. You definitely notice it – especially in a film such as Avatar – but, more importantly, you can actively not notice it and still get some benefit, which is what really matters. At least, in theory.

The problem is that, for all the potential benefits, 3D just seems to be Hollywood's most expensive way to give me a headache, even including the Bourne movies and the continued acting career of Shia LaBeouf".

The_Martinator
03-29-2010, 08:01 PM
It all starts to go downhill once you begin to close in on 10,000 posts, eh?

megabyteme
03-31-2010, 08:22 PM
and the continued acting career of Shia LaBeouf

He's started acting? That will be a switch from what I've seen! Don't get me started on Hollywood's groomed "big stars of the future"...:sick: I'll just say I would rather see Short Round in another Jones movie that him. :dry:

Albo Da Kid
03-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Although if someone what's to talk about doing twice a day workouts or corncob pullups in the sports section I'd be willing to give it a go.

Nice to hear that youre still working out. The day feels better when youre occupying your mind and body.
Im about to get back at it as well in a month or two.

Artemis
04-01-2010, 12:17 PM
I like it ,it's quiet here .I have anyoneamuse on ignore so I'm more or alone.
Actually I'd prefer to hang out in the movie section but I've given up on trying to defeat the " i seen Avatar 10/10 "crowd.......

Yes isn't it pleasant with anoneemuse/J-dye on ignore.She must be the most currently ignored member (which I suppose is an achievement in that negative attention kind of way).
I have wandered over to the movie section on occasion but the insert name of movie here 6/10 cretins do spoil any sort of intelligent discussion....or even discussion..... It's like a spam marathon event with numbers, right up there along with rate that ass for intellectual depth.

IdolEyes787
04-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I've finally admitted defeat .There are only so many times and so many ways to ask/cajole /beg people to (at least minimally )adhere to the thread title ( I naively thought changing it would make a difference) before even the strongest determination falters.

Totally drained me of desire to post my opinions there .I mean , no offense to canines ,but even the most deluded person somewhere along the line figures out that reading Thoreau to dogs isn't really accomplishing anything.

Short review of the "What is the latest movie you watched and what did you think of it?" thread

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/Dumb_and_Dumberer_movie_poster.jpg
3/10
I'd give it a one but occasionally among the pap and unoriginality there are still moments of brilliance.

brightsid
04-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Even if you can't change the world you can still read only the posts that have something more to say than a 10/10. One clocker's post worth the reading of 2-3 pages of dumb comments. And he is not the only example.

The_Martinator
04-02-2010, 06:17 AM
Even if you can't change the world you can still read only the posts that have something more to say than a 10/10. One clocker's post worth the reading of 2-3 pages of dumb comments. And he is not the only example.

Agreed. It's easy to see which posts are shit, since they aren't long. :P

Artemis
04-04-2010, 12:55 AM

Agreed. It's easy to see which posts are shit, since they aren't long. :P

Oh I've read some really bad long posts, even written a few :naughty: So length isn't always a judge of the content (especially with some of our more phonetic spelling members at the helm of said posts). But I do absolutely agree that there is nothing thought provoking about a numerical answer to a question.
You can even try this at home, next time your wife/girlfriend/significant other cooks a nice meal and fishes for a compliment and you reply with 3/10, after you get out of the hospital you will have a whole new understanding..............

megabyteme
04-04-2010, 01:40 AM
Not to make any kind of argument for the numbers-only movie reviewers, but if a friend were to tell me his wife was a 3/10 cook, I would be far more inclined to invite the couple over for a meal than I would want to go to their house. :P

But in terms of a movie review, I find it truly sad that someone can watch a 90 minute movie and still be unable to express their experience with nothing more than a single sentence or number value...

IdolEyes787
04-04-2010, 02:07 PM

See what I mean ? If that doesn't suck the soul from from body I don't know what will.
I taw Avatar , one of the most historically significant, if not necessarily great, but historically significant movies in the 100 odd years of cinema and I tink :d.
Not even a fucking word ,just :d.

God I'm semi-retarded and I did a better job of reviewing the fucking film just now than the contribution of that moran.

I'm requesting quite seriously :rolleyes: of management that anyone in the future posting such utterly useless shit be actually docked in there post count.
Then let's see if the little fuckers ever get into the invite section.

chalice
04-04-2010, 02:15 PM

See what I mean ? If that doesn't suck the soul from from body I don't know what will.
I taw Avatar , one of the most historically significant, if not necessarily great, but historically significant movies in the 100 odd years of cinema and I tink :d.

God I'm semi-retarded and I did a better job of reviewing the fucking film just now than the contribution of that moran.

I'm requesting quite seriously :rolleyes: of management that anyone in the future posting such utterly useless shit be actually docked in there post count.

You're so beautiful when you're angry.

IdolEyes787
04-04-2010, 02:25 PM
:d

Btw you just did a better job of reviewing Avatar than that spastic did.

Cabalo
04-04-2010, 03:01 PM

I second that.
Maybe you should reconsider and help doing that? :whistling

Artemis
04-04-2010, 05:16 PM
:d

Btw you just did a better job of reviewing Avatar than that spastic did.

On a side note, sieze the minnow ? wtf ????? :blink:

IdolEyes787
04-04-2010, 05:18 PM
If it was obvious it would be too much like your Mum.

chalice
04-04-2010, 05:25 PM
:lol:

I'm loving this post-modulation Idol.

It's like he suddenly grew a voice or something else.

Artemis
04-04-2010, 05:37 PM
If it was obvious it would be too much like your Mum.

Well the only thing I can take away from your desparate plea, is that you have been less than blessed in the manhood department. Sorry about that :blink:

IdolEyes787
04-04-2010, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=IdolEyes787;3426999] that you have been less than blessed in the manhood department.

That's not what your Mum says.

megabyteme
04-04-2010, 11:34 PM
I like the title, Idol. You got those fishes in your area?

IdolEyes787
04-09-2010, 03:44 PM
There used to be a pool - a natural inlet - not far from house where I was raised where the Carp would gather in droves every spring ( I assume ) to spawn.
We used to jump from partially submerged rock to partially submerged rock out to a point where we could get a good look at them.
It was something (the jumping) that only young kids would attempt and was totally cool and the spectacle at the end made it( at least to kids) well worth the wet feet or occasional,accidental ice cold bath.
When I was older some cawks bought the property and leveled the whole thing so they could harbour their boat.:(
If I was an anarchist I'd would have taken that boat out into the middle of the Bay and joyfully punched a few holes in it.Boats are a common thing ,that spot and those carp are something that will never be recovered .

PS anarchist or not the next time I go to post a comment about a movie on some torrent and 99.99% of all other comments are either variations of "thanks" or " good rip" ,"waiting for the R5" or talking about the encode or scene group I am seriously going to kill someone.

brightsid
04-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Since you retired a lot of strange things are happening outside bittorent section :P
Hombre is offering a free how to do anal lesson, QPD is starting a chat thread, even the hobbit returned from the dead :w00t:

I think you should reconsider unless you want DeneDe to start a thread about Blaxploitation Soundtracks

IdolEyes787
04-09-2010, 10:49 PM
I think you should reconsider unless you want Denene to start a thread about Blaxploitation Soundtracks

Although I doubt if he has the intellect I would actually like that.:happy:

ECgBXkil7YI

ziggyjuarez
04-09-2010, 11:24 PM
At least without Dramamine and maybe a hickory switch.

Dramamine is crazy:mellow:
http://www.erowid.org/pharms/dimenhydrinate/dimenhydrinate.shtml

Artemis
04-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Since you retired a lot of strange things are happening outside bittorent section :P
Hombre is offering a free how to do anal lesson, QPD is starting a chat thread, even the hobbit returned from the dead :w00t:

I think you should reconsider unless you want DeneDe to start a thread about Blaxploitation Soundtracks

brightsid does seem to have a point, the loons are escaping and starting to run rife. Hombre being a fudge packer isn't a huge surprise, but it's beginning to seem like ghostbusters......:wacko:

megabyteme
04-10-2010, 07:17 AM
This site is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Who ya gonna call? Idol. Who ya gonna call? Idol! Who ya gonna call?!!! Idol!!!

I ain't afraid of no Bittards.

IdolEyes787
04-10-2010, 01:08 PM
I only held them in check because they didn't want to hear anymore of my bad yolks.

Maybe if you told Rant to stop looking for head shots and think center of mass?

PS seriously I'd really rather talk about blaxploitation than bt any day.:cry:

cinephilia
04-10-2010, 01:53 PM
EPvbUmBZLUQ

ps: focus on the music, not the video :)

IdolEyes787
04-10-2010, 01:56 PM
What music?

cinephilia
04-10-2010, 02:02 PM
the one with the big boobs.

IdolEyes787
04-10-2010, 02:06 PM
If I close my eyes real tight I sort of hear something.
Reminds of ass shaking though.:(

Cabalo
04-10-2010, 02:18 PM
EPvbUmBZLUQ

ps: focus on the music, not the video :)
I saw it, but I can't remember if there was any song in the video clip. :blushing:

brightsid
04-12-2010, 08:28 PM
$$$$$$$$

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvLHND7PEBc

IdolEyes787
04-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Nice but Curtis Mayfield>Isaac Hayes>Quincy Jones although Quincy did marry Peggy Lipton and there's something to be said for that.
Aahh Julie .

http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-200906/04463c7b64e9caa51c2e0ae246d6883e.jpg

AAa5rP64YbQ

Disme
04-13-2010, 08:08 AM
I actually like the bittard section from time to time ... When I was youong I've always wanted to work in a facility for the mentally challenged and whenever I visit the Bt-section I'm glad I didn't follow that 'dream'.

brightsid
04-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Ok superfly is the best but my personal fav is Bobby Womack & J.J. Johnson Across 100th Street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j-q-vRFNk0

Looking forward for more suggestions

IdolEyes787
04-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Bobby Wolmack is true genius ,Tarantino certainly thinks so using 110th Street at the opening of Jackie Brown.

Right up there with Donny Hathaway
kIdhzBFbmLU

megabyteme
04-13-2010, 05:39 PM
I actually like the bittard section from time to time ... When I was youong I've always wanted to work in a facility for the mentally challenged and whenever I visit the Bt-section I'm glad I didn't follow that 'dream'.

Well, if my son is having a bad day and feeling "Down", I can always look to the BT section and think, "You'll be alright, son."

Gripper
04-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Glad to see thw lounge is still full of numptys :)

The_Martinator
04-14-2010, 09:24 PM

Well, if my son is having a bad day and feeling "Down", I can always look to the BT section and think, "You'll be alright, son."

For me it's more : Carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done. :naughty:

IdolEyes787
04-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Seems to be a mathematical equation involved where the sum of the cuntitude is directly proportional to an individual's over- concern about video resolution divided by their sense of humour and multiplied by knowledge of scene release groups.:unsure:

Artemis
04-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Seems to be a mathematical equation involved where the sum of the cuntitude is directly proportional to an individual's over- concern about video resolution divided by their sense of humour and multiplied by knowledge of scene release groups.:unsure:

There are a couple of variables missing from your equation there, there is l33tness X5 , and the willingness to lie, steal, cheat,sell ones own relatives/pets to get into the next ubersecret site where only the k00l kidz hang out.

IdolEyes787
04-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Damn I forgot to factor in the l33tness, no wonder I could never get the thing to work.
Seeing some real progress now but still having a bit of trouble with the cuntry of origin and pretime factors.Maybe if I divide it by packs?

j2k4
04-25-2010, 11:28 PM
I read the thread, and, having no "Bittorrent Section" experience, I have nothing on-point to say, however much I may empathize (and I do, I surely do).

I have noticed a slight intrusion of the Avatar/3D subject, though, and I don't understand the urge to re-introduce a technological feature which has so utterly failed to capture the movie-going public's imagination.

I note, with very mild interest, the availability of add-on hardware which (they say) will allow me to "do" 3D at home, using my existing equipment.

As a fan of all of this technological gimmickry, naturally I would want to be capable of 3-D, however:

Unless and until the additional hardware required becomes dirt- (and I mean DIRT-) cheap, I'd have a hard time justifying a significant outlay to enable a visual effect that might only be featured in one movie out of ten, unless those in charge of marketing have determined that action shoot-'em-ups are to become the order of the day, to the detriment of all other movie genres.

In any case, I'd think diving under the coffee table to avoid a realistically deployed 3-D object flying at me would marginalize the movie-watching experience after a short while, and - let's face it - ultimately, the projectile will (in order to satisfy continually-escalating expectations) have to actually cause damage or death in your viewing room in order to be "real", at which point we've gone beyond 3-D, IMAX, and all the rest:

"Answer the door, honey - it's eight o'clock, and the actors are here...it's movie time!"

Quarterquack
04-26-2010, 03:33 AM
You know something Idol. I was never a fan of this thread's title. Always thought it labeled me as something I wasn't, while I was socializing in that section. Today I realized there was more truth to it than the fact that Justin Bieber has stolen hundreds of prison inmates' hearts.

IdolEyes787
04-26-2010, 12:42 PM
I read the thread, and, having no "Bittorrent Section" experience, I have nothing on-point to say, however much I may empathize (and I do, I surely do).

I have noticed a slight intrusion of the Avatar/3D subject, though, and I don't understand the urge to re-introduce a technological feature which has so utterly failed to capture the movie-going public's imagination.

I note, with very mild interest, the availability of add-on hardware which (they say) will allow me to "do" 3D at home, using my existing equipment.

As a fan of all of this technological gimmickry, naturally I would want to be capable of 3-D, however:

Unless and until the additional hardware required becomes dirt- (and I mean DIRT-) cheap, I'd have a hard time justifying a significant outlay to enable a visual effect that might only be featured in one movie out of ten, unless those in charge of marketing have determined that action shoot-'em-ups are to become the order of the day, to the detriment of all other movie genres.

In any case, I'd think diving under the coffee table to avoid a realistically deployed 3-D object flying at me would marginalize the movie-watching experience after a short while, and - let's face it - ultimately, the projectile will (in order to satisfy continually-escalating expectations) have to actually cause damage or death in your viewing room in order to be "real", at which point we've gone beyond 3-D, IMAX, and all the rest:

"Answer the door, honey - it's eight o'clock, and the actors are here...it's movie time!"

The problem with the use of 3D in current movies is that the narrative is by necessity partly defined by it in much the same way it was 50 odd years ago.
Jim C speaking " Ok here's where we need a scene where they smurfs jump on big flying thingies so I can twirl the camera around to suitable gasps of awe from the audience".
Granted better than "Throw the axe at the fake head so we can have the eyeball pop out at the screen" but still not very organic as the action dictates the scene instead of the scene dictating the action.

All I'm really saying is that until the "fad" phase of 3D comes to an end and a movie is just filmed - as opposed to "filmed in 3D "- then it's likely always going to be about cheap tricks ( which apparently is enough for most people)instead of focusing on meaningful storytelling.

A good story is a good story, whether it is being told around a campfire or projected in a 3-D movie theater with wraparound sound. The greatest irony of all is that a great story will be just as great on a 20-inch TV in your bedroom. In other words, making movies in 3-D is just another way to distract audiences from Hollywood's inability to tell a good script from a bad one.