PDA

View Full Version : Bratva?

Slickerey
03-30-2010, 12:29 AM
Does anybody else recognize this name from anywhere? Does it happen to be from one of Backie's websites? If so, you just might be as confused as I am.

I've seen this name tons of times on each of Backie's websites. I don't know why the name is at the bottom of every page on PeekInside and OnASoapbox, but they happen to be there. It also comes with a nifty URL that takes you to a page saying "Coming Soon". It looks like there's three days left for its "grand opening".

What could it be about? Does anybody have any ideas? :ermm:

Hombre
03-30-2010, 12:33 AM
its new site of torrents.
it is going to work bit like cn, but with no "i'm God" secrecy.

Slickerey
03-30-2010, 12:35 AM
That's what I thought at first, but when I used this (https://bratva.ws/) link, I automatically assumed that it was going to be a new invite forum of some sort.

Artemis
03-30-2010, 12:45 AM
A Western Samoa Domain that always instills me with confidence. Western Samoa along with Tonga, Tokelau and others basically giveaway the Domains in the hope that the increased internet traffic will generate cashflow.

And on connecting to the site backie's bud frylock is an administrator :glag:

Hombre
03-30-2010, 12:46 AM
also, but has small tracker hidden.

Artemis
03-30-2010, 12:52 AM
also, but has small tracker hidden.

Well shit, with that plus backie & frylock running the place there should be a veritable stampede ? :sick:

That1Guy
03-30-2010, 12:54 AM
lol, I really hope backie/frylock are gonna run a tracker. They seem to know everything so Im sure they will show the rest of the world how it's done :lol:

Slickerey
03-30-2010, 12:55 AM
I doubt it. Backie's all about freedom and (from what I've heard) he'll let you get away with just about anything he wants. He has been in trackers such as UK-T and the likes, but I want to see if they actually have what it takes to run a tracker. It's not an easy task. Having to find traders and ratio cheaters will be the hard part for them, but why does it have to worry us? :happy:

Hombre
03-30-2010, 12:55 AM
is the same idea revolt has. tracker opens when member gets to certain promotion.
FST should have tracker too.

Slickerey
03-30-2010, 12:58 AM
FST with a tracker? I doubt it. The staff members here already have their hands occupied with managing and stabilizing the forums...

Also, I've seen a review of Revolt here and the rules do seem pretty relaxed. Let's just see if Backie and Frylock have what it takes to run a huge tracker (or forum).

PancakeWaffles
03-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Hey, FST running a tracker, that sounds interesting. I could probably do 90% of the work for it, and with FST behind it it could be very interesting lol.

But based on all the other things Backie has done I will not touch that site.

Quarterquack
03-30-2010, 03:53 AM
He has been in trackers such as UK-T and the likes

What does that have to do with anything? I'm throwing a serious question out there, not trolling at all.

As for the FST tracker thing, I'm sure it would be worse than any dream RachelFaith has ever had. Seriously, imagine the amount of people that will pour in to help, with all sorts of experience.

A
03-30-2010, 07:35 AM
What does that have to do with anything? I'm throwing a serious question out there, not trolling at all.
It shows he is not a newb

Quarterquack
03-30-2010, 07:42 AM
It shows he is not a newb

Absolutely wrong. I'm sure a lot more people would agree with me here. If you're at a tracker, no matter the rarity/difficulty of getting in, and a friend of yours (say a newbie to the torrenting world) asks you to get invited somewhere, chances are you'll invite him to that tracker. You wouldn't think "Oh man, but this tracker isn't for newbs." You'd say "God, hope he enjoys this tracker as much as I do!"

Backie is not a "newb" simply because he actually has valid opinions, but judging that someone is not a rookie just because they're on say FTWR/UK-T etc. or now it's FSC/iTS/E is just setting yourself up for ridicule. You can be a complete unknown and still make it anywhere given that you know the right people. I have a friend who lived with me over the course of a summer once, whose brother happened to be a UK-T member, simply because he ran into the right person, at the right bar, and said the right things. You never know.

What I'm getting at is: Rarity/difficulty to get into should stop being used as a measure of how successful you are, but more about how delusional about security you actually are. Take Stoi of BCG for example, he understand this perfectly.

Shlesers
03-30-2010, 07:57 AM
There are mistake in banner (Bravta)...
It's a catchy name. Next forum/tracker will be Brigada with Belij on a banner :lol:

PancakeWaffles
03-30-2010, 08:10 AM
It shows he is not a newbWhat I'm getting at is: Rarity/difficulty to get into should stop being used as a measure of how successful you are, but more about how delusional about security you actually are. Take Stoi of BCG for example, he understand this perfectly.
I agree 100% with this statement, and the argument about being part of rare tracker is true. I knew a guy who was part of FTWR, we were great buds online and he invited me there. It was like my second torrent site, and I was a newb back than, but I enjoyed the site til it's death.

A
03-30-2010, 10:09 AM
back then only trusted members were given a chance and about 95% of members in that tracker were people who were involved in the BT community in some way or the other for a decent amount of time.As a whole the tracker gives a vibe of experienced torrenters with newbies a minority.You can argue all you want otherwise.
And why are you bringing all the rarity crap?I was talking more on the lines of experience.In BT if you didnt know,a person trusts you by knowing you more and by your activities in BT.It takes time to know people and that is called 'experience' he is gaining.No one is going to invite any tom dick and harry especially to a tracker which they are proud to be in and enjoy.Newbies who get into a community oriented tracker like UK-T must be a trusted guy or a real life friend,so that the inviter knows he wont screw up.then again real life friends who torrent are a big minority and trusted people are 'experienced' people in BT.I hope that is clear

Backie is not a "newb" simply because he actually has valid opinions, but judging that someone is not a rookie just because they're on say FTWR/UK-T etc. or now it's FSC/iTS/E is just setting yourself up for ridicule. You can be a complete unknown and still make it anywhere given that you know the right people. I have a friend who lived with me over the course of a summer once, whose brother happened to be a UK-T member, simply because he ran into the right person, at the right bar, and said the right things. You never know.

What I'm getting at is: Rarity/difficulty to get into should stop being used as a measure of how successful you are, but more about how delusional about security you actually are. Take Stoi of BCG for example, he understand this perfectly.
sheesh,completely misunderstood and then kept on ranting.Not everything is to do with levels and rarity you know.There are things called friendship and trust as well.It seems you are more concious of rarity when I didnt even mention something like that.Just curious,are you in the above mentioned trackers?

stoi
03-30-2010, 12:15 PM
I love this experienced torrent user crap, and you make UK-T sound like the holy grail of torrent sites, ffs it was only a tracker.

and seriously, how long does it take to get experienced in torrenting, a week max, we were all noobs at one point, and thats the one thing I miss about being closed, the noobs, I love helping them and seeing them turn into bloody good members.

Experienced torrenters can be a right pain in the arse, that tracker does it like this, why cant you do it like that, because we are not them sheesh.

I would rather have noobs any day, at least they may use the tracker.

Artemis
03-30-2010, 12:27 PM
I love this experienced torrent user crap, and you make UK-T sound like the holy grail of torrent sites, ffs it was only a tracker.

and seriously, how long does it take to get experienced in torrenting, a week max, we were all noobs at one point, and thats the one thing I miss about being closed, the noobs, I love helping them and seeing them turn into bloody good members.

Experienced torrenters can be a right pain in the arse, that tracker does it like this, why cant you do it like that, because we are not them sheesh.

I would rather have noobs any day, at least they may use the tracker.
Stoi, I know you are an understanding site owner, and someone who has never bought into the whole 'levels' or 'senior member' bollocks, but we are talking about people here who live and breathe this very crap, and now in their never ending quest for leetness backie & co. are going to make their very own leet tracker, and all the collectors are going to trip over their own dicks in the rush to get invited.
If you don't believe me, a quick read through backies blog www.onasoapbox.co.uk should convince you of what a loon he is. Also coincidentally two of his a/c's here on FST now reside in the dunce corner because he is just that kind of a reliable upstanding chap.

stoi
03-30-2010, 12:30 PM
I did read a couple of his blogs the other week, i just laughed and vowed never to go back.

but anyone can make a tracker (if i did even backie can lol), the hard part is keeping it going and keeping your members interested.

A
03-30-2010, 01:04 PM
I was mentioning how they functioned,whether you like it or not

and seriously, how long does it take to get experienced in torrenting,takes a week max
Getting experienced as in knowing how to torrent and knowing seeding back and stuff like that etc takes less than a week but unfortunately I dont see '1 week' experienced member getting invited to some good trackers out there.Why is that?Talking about your own site,how many '1 week' torrenters and 'noobs' get entry there? Why is the invite system so tight? Its a tracker after all right?

Experienced torrenters can be a right pain in the arse
Experienced members are a pain in the ass because they are not the newbs they were once who were looking to get invited by pleasing people around them.They know better and hence they make opinions.

that tracker does it like this, why cant you do it like that, because we are not them sheesh.
Maybe its because one of the trackers system is better and people like to see improvements in the tracker they like?

stoi
03-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Well from what I heard, they closed down before because they got infiltrated, then they closed down again, because one of their members was selling DVDs and they closed as a precaution, so yes really trustworthy members, all I am saying is, it doesnt matter how small/secure/safe you think a tracker is, there will always be some undesirables get in.

I was mentioning how they functioned,whether you like it or not

One word, Oink, as soon he that got busted i think most trackers went underground, We are going to open again soon, but altinertia wants to get the tracker looking nice, and any bugs fixed first.

Getting experienced as in knowing how to torrent and knowing seeding back and stuff like that etc takes less than a week but unfortunately I dont see '1 week' experienced member getting invited to some good trackers out there.Why is that?Talking about your own site,how many '1 week' torrenters and 'noobs' get entry there? Why is the invite system so tight? Its a tracker after all right?

I dont mind opinions, i just hate, such and such a tracker does this, why dont you, i dont care what other trackers do, just like i am sure they couldnt give a toss what we do. and that answers both of your quotes.

Quarterquack
03-30-2010, 04:03 PM
sheesh,completely misunderstood and then kept on ranting.Not everything is to do with levels and rarity you know.There are things called friendship and trust as well.It seems you are more concious of rarity when I didnt even mention something like that.Just curious,are you in the above mentioned trackers?

Oh please, I understood it perfectly. I wasn't aiming it at you at all, more at the member who was calling backie out for being a UK-T member. That and the fact that people do measure your "success" by how many levels you have under your belt. If nobody did, the TPS Captain forum wouldn't be so lust worthy, THIS forum wouldn't exist, the above comment wouldn't be made, you see what I mean.

Now for a comment aimed at what you said:

As for the friendships/trust, that's a joke too. Maybe given the times it's a bad example, but look at where wall-e got, simply because trackers were happy he isn't screwing them over, or some other sort of that mentality. How many trackers would actually be "friendly" with an ex-trader. Whether you believe it or not, they are getting on his good side, not the other way around.

Let me give you an example that the friendship crap is out of the question: If you so much as requested FTN/FSC/iTS/whatever tracker you were looking for when ScT was going down, you had someone helping you out. I dropped one request for BCG (no offense, stoi) and got about 10 PM's, all ready to send me the referral code (blissful November, before the referral shortage). Coming from me: I don't have that many "friends" in the BT world. Do I talk to people? Yes. Do I joke with people? Yes. Do I trust people? No. For all you care everyone around you could be wearing a mask, and I don't understand "friendship" in online terms. Trust/respect? Perhaps. However, I still get in wherever I want, because some people fancy big numbers.

To answer your last question, I was a member of UK-T for a day (before it went down). I still am a noob.

PS: Sorry if anyone reading this knows me and feels offended that I don't understand an online friendship.

backie
03-30-2010, 04:28 PM
its new site of torrents.
it is going to work bit like cn, but with no "i'm God" secrecy.

Wrong

A Western Samoa Domain that always instills me with confidence. Western Samoa along with Tonga, Tokelau and others basically giveaway the Domains in the hope that the increased internet traffic will generate cashflow.

Actually a WS domain costs more than a .com, generally thats the way it works with the barely used TLDs. If fuckers didn't take the god damn .com .net .org for bratva and sit on it for 10 yrs hoping it would sell, I would have gotten one of them.

I doubt it. Backie's all about freedom and (from what I've heard) he'll let you get away with just about anything he wants. He has been in trackers such as UK-T and the likes, but I want to see if they actually have what it takes to run a tracker. It's not an easy task. Having to find traders and ratio cheaters will be the hard part for them, but why does it have to worry us?

Shit if I run a tracker I ain't gonna be worrying about no god damn traders or cheaters. One single rule "No uploading viruses/malware/adware." is the way I would roll.

To be honest you guys are most likely gonna be disappointed in what goes up on the 1st.

A
03-30-2010, 05:25 PM
You and me are different

That and the fact that people do measure your "success" by how many levels you have under your belt.
thats not the case in FST.One reason I like this place.also you cant avoid people like that and you should not be hurt as well,they are morons anyway.

Let me give you an example that the friendship crap is out of the question: If you so much as requested FTN/FSC/iTS/whatever tracker you were looking for when ScT was going down, you had someone helping you out. I dropped one request for BCG (no offense, stoi) and got about 10 PM's, all ready to send me the referral code (blissful November, before the referral shortage).
You showed them your epeen and some other morons gave you invites.So?How does that make friendship crap?And who told you that friendship is all about invites?

BCG:

Invites are called referrals and they are given automatically to members that meet the following requirements:

Torrents with a Global Ratio of 1 >= 50
Torrents with an Actual Ratio of 1 >= 25
Torrents with an Actual Ratio of 1.5 >= 10
Torrents with an Actual Ratio of 2 >= 5
Your own uploaded torrents, this encompasses requests filled and own torrents in your table >= 2
Average Seeding Time >= 10 days
Member 6 months
50 gig downloaded

There is also a referral request thread in the forums for which you would need:

- at least a member for 6 months
- no HnRs
- up to 2 "seeded HnRs"
- actual ratio of 0.5 <-- this may be changed sometime depending on the number of requests
- none of your old referrals may be Kitty Litter or worse (banned, etc.).
- not more than 1 orphaned account or unused account (ie. referred someboy into the site and that person doesn't even have a single torrent downloaded)
- 1 referral per month (with special announced days adding up the usual count....like birthdays or whatever)
- not too many warnings in your history <-- This can only be checked by staff
- 25 completed torrents
- Having said thanks on your torrents.
- 10 days average seeding time OR several uploaded torrents
- have at least a few forum posts....so that this request is NOT your first. And those post should be from the month BEFORE this request takes place. -------> changed to at least 30 spread in a good manner, ie. not all from last month or last week when you decided to get referrals via requesting.

So as long as you are a potential member you can be a member of BCG.And BCG has no hush hush rules so people are free to invite members as well.

However, I still get in wherever I want, because some people fancy big numbers.
Dont put fsc on the same boat as others.

Quarterquack
03-30-2010, 05:37 PM
You showed them your epeen and some other morons gave you invites.So?How does that make friendship crap?And who told you that friendship is all about invites?

Dont put fsc on the same boat as others.

You're reading way too deep in my post, when I laid it all out there. I never said friendship is all about invites.

Once you stop trying to misconstrue the meaning of my post, you'll find that in my opinion, "Friendship is crap" simply because of the reasons I outlined above. People invite people based on their ratios, their reputation, where they ask, and what mask they wear. Do some get in based on personality/friendliness? Of course, I would never deny that. But most people wear a mask, act benevolent, act helpful or act in some certain way to get to their ends. Can you deny that? There are a lot more people inviting "friends" based on their seedboxes, rather than on how much of a genuinely pleasant addition they would be to the community they're being invited to. You can't deny that one, either. When I said "friendship is crap" I didn't mean the concept of friendship, rather that the concept that "friendship used as a reason for invitation is crap" simply because you can never actually know the person you are inviting. As seen by recent TPS events, people who were respected everywhere, showed a different side to themselves that nobody knew about.

As for FSC, I'm not going to judge, but I'm going to throw this out simply: As an honest person, I will admit to looking at the screenshots on peekinsi.de and I have (as I already knew I would) seen all the usual names there, Lex/Krycer etc. Now, I'm not jabbing at anyone but were these members invited there because of the "You're such a close friend of mine I want you to be here with me, and enjoy this tracker as much as I do" mentality or were they invited because "Oh man, you're such an active person on **** tracker, I'd love if you showed some activity here." Only their inviters/staff/whoever know, but if you peel back a few layers of honesty, you'll find it's the latter.

PS: I'm not "friendless"; I've occasionally met people that I heartily enjoy speaking to on the torrent scene. Two stick out in mind especially, where I ended up regretting not knowing them in real life/going for drinks etc.

A
03-30-2010, 06:02 PM
friendship used as a reason for invitation is crap
Now that I agree with.

and I agree with you on the latter as well.there will always be cases like that also."No community is immune to hard core collectors" :P.sorry man I cant even read properly.11:30 here and slee

P.S: Discussions went way of topic.Anyway lets see what Bratva is.lol

respawn40
03-30-2010, 11:14 PM
friendship used as a reason for invitation is crap

Now that, I disagree with.

Online friendship, perhaps, but not plain old "friendship". I can speak of a handful of my friends who have been invited by me to various trackers, not because of their uber leet ratios/seedboxes/sexual favors, but because they're my friends. To further my point, half of these friends of mine had never belonged to a private tracker, yet alone had any experience with using bittorrent. I had no reason - aside from friendship - to invite them; in fact I took a chance on every one. I put faith in my friends that they could become great members - with my help/guidance - and they haven't let me down. I'm not unwilling to invite people that I have a friendship with, regardless of their status online or what they can bring to the table.

stoi
03-31-2010, 12:04 AM
Shit if I run a tracker I ain't gonna be worrying about no god damn traders or cheaters. One single rule "No uploading viruses/malware/adware." is the way I would roll.

Not trying to tell you how to run a tracker, and th trader argument i can understand, but not going after cheaters at all will just end in disaster.

If I am a honest member, why would i upload on a torrent, if most others that are downloading it/seeding it are cheating their ratio.

If I am an uploader, likewise, why should i waste my upload if most of the downloaders are cheating.

Cheating doesnt just get them a higher ratio you know, it totally slows swarms down (because they dont upload), and because they cheated, they hit and run, so torrents wont last 2 minutes.

Basically you will have a few seeders, and loads of leechers, ut thats not because you are popular, its because most seeders are cheating.

It will come to a point, where the torrents just grind to a halt, the seeding cheaters will not be uploading to the cheaters that are downloading lol maybe it will be a good lesson to them though, and show that cheating does harm trackers, and they only do it so they dont have to seed properly, and for e-penis.

At least put the scare factor in, even if you do nothing about it, but peronally, if you flaunt that you dont give a shit about cheaters, i wouldnt go anywhere near your site (as a normal good member, not as another tracker owner, as i wont join anyway, i dont join anywhere else)

backie
03-31-2010, 01:41 AM

Not trying to tell you how to run a tracker, and th trader argument i can understand, but not going after cheaters at all will just end in disaster.

If I am a honest member, why would i upload on a torrent, if most others that are downloading it/seeding it are cheating their ratio.

If I am an uploader, likewise, why should i waste my upload if most of the downloaders are cheating.

Cheating doesnt just get them a higher ratio you know, it totally slows swarms down (because they dont upload), and because they cheated, they hit and run, so torrents wont last 2 minutes.

Basically you will have a few seeders, and loads of leechers, ut thats not because you are popular, its because most seeders are cheating.

It will come to a point, where the torrents just grind to a halt, the seeding cheaters will not be uploading to the cheaters that are downloading lol maybe it will be a good lesson to them though, and show that cheating does harm trackers, and they only do it so they dont have to seed properly, and for e-penis.

At least put the scare factor in, even if you do nothing about it, but peronally, if you flaunt that you dont give a shit about cheaters, i wouldnt go anywhere near your site (as a normal good member, not as another tracker owner, as i wont join anyway, i dont join anywhere else)

Well I personally have noticed how fucked up the ratio system is. (Ratioless system on most sites is fucked too.) Basically with the ratio system, you need to have a plus ratio. Problem being for every byte uploaded a byte needs to be downloaded. This results in valuable leech users being banned because they can't upload and sites being full of ratio whores. Attempts to fix that problem with freeleech torrents just results in only torrents that get any movement being the freeleech torrents and everything else getting hardly any.

I personally would go for a different system where faking your upload wouldn't matter.

Quarterquack
03-31-2010, 02:40 AM
Online friendship, perhaps, but not plain old "friendship". I can speak of a handful of my friends who have been invited by me to various trackers, not because of their uber leet ratios/seedboxes/sexual favors, but because they're my friends. To further my point, half of these friends of mine had never belonged to a private tracker, yet alone had any experience with using bittorrent. I had no reason - aside from friendship - to invite them; in fact I took a chance on every one. I put faith in my friends that they could become great members - with my help/guidance - and they haven't let me down. I'm not unwilling to invite people that I have a friendship with, regardless of their status online or what they can bring to the table.

I only meant the whole anonymous friendships online accounting as a reason for invite traffic is absolute crap, since you can never tell the kind of person, even if they've uploaded TB upon TB. I know a person who had uploaded about 16TiB up on ScT, yet got disabled for downloading 10gb the day I invited them to What.

Where is that clown smiley when I need it the most. What I said is again being looked into farther than what I wrote, it actually makes me feel like a clown. I only spoke of online friendships, I didn't mean real life friendships. Half of my real life friends have been invited to wherever they requested me to get them and guided into keeping the accounts.

The whole point of torrenting is sharing, so if you don't share with the people you care about the most friends/family what's the point? :)

stoi
03-31-2010, 04:55 AM

Well I personally have noticed how fucked up the ratio system is. (Ratioless system on most sites is fucked too.) Basically with the ratio system, you need to have a plus ratio. Problem being for every byte uploaded a byte needs to be downloaded. This results in valuable leech users being banned because they can't upload and sites being full of ratio whores. Attempts to fix that problem with freeleech torrents just results in only torrents that get any movement being the freeleech torrents and everything else getting hardly any.

I personally would go for a different system where faking your upload wouldn't matter.

I completely agree and which is why we have SP, and no promotions on ratio atm.

but we still get cheaters, go figure.

Slickerey
04-01-2010, 03:02 AM
I just visited the site and found that it has an invite form. All you have to do is give them your e-mail address and they'll send you an invite...

Or will they? It's just an early April Fool's prank. :shifty:

PancakeWaffles
04-01-2010, 04:09 AM
You know what I hate about April fools pranks? 90% of the online ones happen on the wrong fucking day for me.

Quarterquack
04-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Haha, same here waffles. I'm quite pissed off since I keep not expecting it, opening a page and it says April Fools, and I rage because it's still the 31st.

Google usually has the funniest ones, though. :happy: