PDA

View Full Version : Ripping Dvdr "the scene way" Guide?

BethCooper
03-30-2010, 03:30 AM
Hello guys, I'm looking for a detailed guide in how to make my own dvdr release, following every scene rule there is in the process.

I've searched through some tracker forums, google etc but havn't found anyone I like.

Dvdr releasing stardards I have found, what I'm looking for is which software to use and how to use it properly :)

this ripping is for personal use only so dont get any ideas ;)

:fst:

TONiC
03-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Most importantly, grab the latest standards there are - http://rules.nukenet.info/

Choose the 2010 DVDR standards, just to ensure you have the latest (and official) ones.

Now, when it comes to DVDR releases, there are two kinds: untouched and stripped.

Untouched, as I'm sure you can guess, is the whole DVDR released as, say, a .img file, without any modification what so ever.

Stripped, is where the main video files have been re-encoded to remove interlacing and useless audio files discarded as well as bonus footage. Notice one of the first rules:

CCE version v2.50 or better must be used in all
circumstances where re-encoding of the video
stream is required. REmpeg and TMPGenc are NOT allowed.
New unknown or unreleased encoders are not strictly
forbidden, however use at your own risk.

So get to downloading CCE basic, and look up some guides on that.

And some tips, at least from an XViD encoder which can be applied to your situation:
1. Read the rules/standards until you know them practically off by heart.
2. Ensure you know the jargon - if you don't know what de/interlacing is, you aren't going to make it anywhere.
3. Know your program, in my case GK, in your case CCE basic like the back of your hand.