PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Files? Torrent Availability?

Gman_Link
03-30-2010, 03:43 AM
This is the most frustrating problem I have with torrenting.
Torrenting files that are released in foreign countries.

There aren't many torrent sites that I know of that are "good" trackers, which are pretty decent. Contrary to the numerous "American" trackers that associate themselves with releasing American files (movies, music, etc.).

Sometimes, I run into a tracker especially dedicated to a specific media of a foreign country. For example, JPopSuki focuses mainly on releasing J-Pop/K-Pop music-related torrents.

Torrent Availability is understandable, since it's dependent on the popularity of the file of interest. Of course, this isn't considering the generous sharing community in a given tracker.

Overall, the problem remains that (at least I think so. I haven't scoured the internet for every foreign tracker, that's actually good.) there aren't many foreign trackers.

Has anyone ran into this problem? Thoughts or comments on the matter?

Hiccup
04-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Yup, I concur. It makes you wonder what the rest of the world does. I have some general idea what Japan/China do, but not for other countries. I can think of one other country that has decent specific trackers/scene/etc. but that's it really.

antrax34130
04-03-2010, 08:10 AM
there are japenese and korean scene (MP3) and chinese scene too. Russian underground is a little special.

Each country has his little scene (french for example have some groups, same for polish etc...)

Gman_Link
04-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Too bad for some you need to write the website name in their respective language, at least that's what I would assume it to be.

darkeggo
04-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Give up on Foreign torrents. Your best bet would be to use Rapidshare/Megaupload/Hotfiles (via forums) to find foreign stuff. It's so much better because you don't need someone to seed it to you. I've found all of the Japanese/Korean/Chinese dramas that I was looking for through forums. You just have to be willing to do some digging.

Gman_Link
04-05-2010, 05:46 AM
I dig all the time, which is how I found most of the hard-to-get files I have.