PDA

View Full Version : Newzbin judge decision

daveturner81
03-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Hello again guys,

Just thought would open a debate on here about Newzbin closing to see what your thoughts are. I personally think the judge ruled correctly in that the site clearly knows that it is doing with illegal files that of which is obvious to anyone through the category names. They know they are only making money due to it being used for piracy for sure. Closing it down however will not stop it as has been demonstrated with torrent sites closing.

Alot of people seem to be thinking what are they going to do now, what protocol to change to etc. Some people don't realise that all newzbin did was link to content on newsgroups which you could just as easily do using binsearch. The NZB format however correct me if I am wrong was developed by them which is used heavily in making it easier to access NG content.

Other sites will clearly be used such as NZBmatrix and NZBsrus which have been around for a long time. They must be happy as they are probably going to make alot of money in the next few weeks with new customers.

I enjoyed Newzbin and used to use it before I just searched manually but still; we will see what happens.

Dave

Funkin'
03-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Some people don't realise that all newzbin did was link to content on newsgroups which you could just as easily do using binsearch.

Exactly. So this decision affects me none. If Usenet as a whole was somehow being stopped, then yeah, I would be upset. But definitely not by the closing of one overrated(in my opinion at least) indexer.