PDA

View Full Version : Free Filesharing Will Always Exist..

cappella(m)
10-24-2003, 09:52 PM
Filesharing will continuing to exist...even the riaa tryes to do something against it..it's completely senseless..When Kazaa starts charging people for downloading....most of it's users will leave ... They move to another software... when the riaa tryes to something against the other software (what will sure be much more difficult)..than the users move to another one...and so far it continues and all their crappy anti piracy campaign will never work... !! There will be always someone who finds something better and safer...!! So my opinion is they should give up..
and users shouldn't be scared of being sued..and continue sharing files..!
Everyone who uses Itunes or napster 2.0 is really stupid........
AND SUPPORTS OUR ENEMIES !!!

SO RIAA :P

abu_has_the_power
10-24-2003, 09:54 PM
damn straight. so lick my dog's oily balls RIAA

splithead04
10-25-2003, 02:04 AM
shit! lick my smelly asshole riaa!

SodiumChloride
10-25-2003, 04:01 AM
Fight the power, brother!

Monkeee
10-25-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by cappella(m)@24 October 2003 - 21:52
Filesharing will continuing to exist...even the riaa tryes to do something against it..it's completely senseless..When Kazaa starts charging people for downloading....most of it's users will leave ... They move to another software... when the riaa tryes to something against the other software (what will sure be much more difficult)..than the users move to another one...and so far it continues and all their crappy anti piracy campaign will never work... !! There will be always someone who finds something better and safer...!! So my opinion is they should give up..

SO RIAA :P
AMEN :rolleyes:

Sparkle1984
10-25-2003, 04:53 PM

SO RIAA 

YAY !!! :D

damn straight. so lick my dog's oily balls RIAA

LOL!! :lol: Very funny !!! :D

floatinghead
10-28-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by cappella(m)@24 October 2003 - 21:52
Filesharing will continuing to exist...even the riaa tryes to do something against it..it's completely senseless..When Kazaa starts charging people for downloading....most of it's users will leave ... They move to another software... when the riaa tryes to something against the other software (what will sure be much more difficult)..than the users move to another one...and so far it continues and all their crappy anti piracy campaign will never work... !!  There will be always someone who finds something better and safer...!!  So my opinion is they should give up..
Everyone who uses Itunes or napster 2.0  is really stupid........

SO RIAA  :P
I agree. The only way RIAA can maintain the status quo is to eliminate file sharing completely. That will never happen.

Instead, what we might find is a dramatic shift in music distribution and compensation. I think we will see this change incrementally. It may start with inde bands releasing their music for free while providing links embedded in their mp3s that allow donations for those who like the music. The cost of in-store shrink wrap copies will be for artwork, liner notes, text content and the service of burning the CD - but not for the music, per se. We are already seeing this with books.

In such an environment, it is likely that the music industry will start to look more like the web. That is, bands will be "locally famous". Not in a geographic sense, but in a web-space sense. This might mean lower revenues but it will also allow more freedom for the artists. In fact, the fast majority of bands out there make very little from their music (I know, I was in various bands for years). It is only the handful that are promoted by the Labels that make the millions. So, the localized system of free music and donations may actually increase revenue for the majority of the bands out there. Of course, the Labels won't like such a system because it will mean they will be obsolete. Such is life.

Further, such a system provides the "editing" function that the Labels are so quick to take credit for. That is, they say that they wade through all the crap and present only what is good. In a donation system, the best bands will reap the most donations. Bands that suck will get fewer donations and die on the vine. The connection between quality and reward is actually much more direct and, I think, will be much more efficient.

As you said, file sharing is here to stay. I think the environment that I describe (or one similar) is inevitable. It is just a matter of time and the Labels can do nothing about.

If you are interested, I posted a full description of such a system with a request for comment here:

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=77474

cappella(m)
10-28-2003, 10:01 PM
So far I read all the comments...and everyone seems to think the same..
And all the labels should go to hell... just money greedy assholes ....!! Really..if I would pay for music I would better pay the money directly to the band / musician..!
I bought cds of my favourite bands ...and most of them are from the RIAA and I'm not gonna buy any cd of them again..yeah only because of the RIAA....
But my favourite band "Cappella" is not.. thanks god.. Zyx Music is a big Label but it's not A RIAA member.. so on Riaa Radar..

ONCE AGAIN ... RIAA AND RECORD LABELS :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Filesharing forever !!

internet.news
10-29-2003, 07:30 PM
My opinion, look my former posts also!!!

What I think about this issue?

"We have to share our thoughts (& files) openly to understand
each other better." (sha're@KaZaA)

darkmind
10-29-2003, 09:43 PM
radio -> TV -> internet
records -> 8 track -> tape cassete -> cd -> internet
projector -> movie theater -> video cassete -> dvd -> internet
newspaper -> magazines -> internet

all media is merging into one, the internet
the riaa is afraid and running already
it will only be a matter of time before the merge is complete and they are destroyed

until then just hang on for the ride B)

Sid Hartha
10-29-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by darkmind@29 October 2003 - 21:43
radio -> TV -> internet
records -> 8 track -> tape cassete -> cd -> internet
projector -> movie theater -> video cassete -> dvd -> internet
newspaper -> magazines -> internet

all media is merging into one, the internet
the riaa is afraid and running already
it will only be a matter of time before the merge is complete and they are destroyed...
...and everything turns into crap!

darkmind, your flowchart looks accurate, but also raises another point:
in each example, the quality level seems to drop off at the end. Think about it.

What would you prefer - watching a movie in a theater or sitting in front of your PC staring at a heavily compressed mpg file?

what sounds better - 160k mp3s or the CDs they came from?

news media? - dont make me laugh.

I can't fault your analogy - it just doesn't look like good news when you lay it out like that. No cause for celebration if things really do play out like that.

darkmind
10-30-2003, 07:35 AM
depends on ur connection
and more ppl need a better connection to get this ride going smoother
T1, T3, SONET :D

Rip The Jacker
10-30-2003, 08:02 AM
I went to go see Scary Movie 3 the other day. Before the movie started it showed an anti-piracy commercial about movie makers losing money or some crap like that. <_< Looks like the RIAA is getting desperate. :D

They are fighting a battle they can&#39;t win.

darkmind
10-30-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Sid Hartha@30 October 2003 - 15:51
Hey, filesharing is great - as long as you&#39;re not too concerned with quality (especially movies). To me (and many others), it&#39;s just a means to an end.

Increased bandwidth just means you get crap faster.
ur dl the wrong files
the quality improves if u
go for the full rips

those really large files that could take weeks or months on any standard connection to dl

Sid Hartha
10-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by darkmind+30 October 2003 - 15:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (darkmind @ 30 October 2003 - 15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sid Hartha@30 October 2003 - 15:51
Hey, filesharing is great - as long as you&#39;re not too concerned with quality (especially movies). To me (and many others), it&#39;s just a means to an end.

ur dl the wrong files
the quality improves if u
go for the full rips

those really large files that could take weeks or months on any standard connection to dl [/b][/quote]
ur not listening - reading comprehension problem, maybe...

I said mp3s are crap, compared to the original.

I never said what type of connection I have (it&#39;s DSL).
and yes, I only go for the full rips (stop making groundless assumptions about other members, pls).

none of this has anything to do with what I was talking about.

please don&#39;t reply if you can&#39;t bother to read my posts.

darkmind
10-30-2003, 03:31 PM
yeah im not sure what prob u have if u get a full rip
since when i get one i cant see the diff between it and the original

and watching or listening to anything on my computer doesnt degrade my experience

Sid Hartha
10-30-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by darkmind@30 October 2003 - 15:31
yeah im not sure what prob u have if u get a full rip
since when i get one i cant see the diff between it and the original

and watching or listening to anything on my computer doesnt degrade my experience
I apologise. I realize now I may as well be talking to a bag of sand. I won&#39;t bother you anymore.

no hard feelings.

Sid Hartha
10-30-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by darkmind@30 October 2003 - 07:35
depends on ur connection...

No, it doesn&#39;t.

Now we&#39;re talking about bandwidth? Read your post again, then mine. What are you talking about?

"all media is merging into one, the internet"

great news, if you like crap.

"projector -> movie theater -> video cassete -> dvd -> internet"

Regardless of your connection, the fact is you&#39;re still sitting in front of a friggin&#39; computer screen watching a movie. Connection speed has nothing to do with it.
Does anybody in this forum actually sit in front of a computer screen for 2 hours and watch a movie? Would anyone consider that an improvement - asthetically speaking - over seeing a film projected on a screen in a theater?

"records -> 8 track -> tape cassete -> cd -> internet"

mp3s are fine for checking out new music. Whenever I discover something I really like, I usually end up buying the CD. The reason: mp3s are inferior to the original. Especially the shit 128-160k files you find on K-lite.

MetroStars
10-30-2003, 03:59 PM
yep i agree 100% the RIAA is fighting a losing battle...

darkmind
10-30-2003, 05:13 PM
yay im a bag of sand :D

from my view point neither one of us understands the other
im not sure what ur getting at and ur not sure what im getting at

djfactory
10-30-2003, 06:01 PM
100% true. no1 can stop filesharing clients such as Kazaa. they stopped some of them because they used central servers so they was easy 2 stop. but kazaa and many new 1s arnt like it. so LONG LIVE KAZAA :D

cappella(m)
10-30-2003, 09:04 PM
hey whats the problem Sid Hartha ??
It&#39;s good news..You don&#39;t need to go to the cinema when you have a home cinema system with great surround sound and a big projector which I point on a special wall.. I&#39;ve the same quality like in the cinema..you just need to connect this thing to the pc..of course it depends on the quality of the file you downloaded...
And I really can&#39;t hear the big difference between mp3s or wmas and a normal cd... When you don&#39;t like mp3s you can download a big wav file...
And when many people would buy home cinema systems they would become cheaper and cheaper and cheaper..so later everyone would have their home cinema system..
oh yeah and on this home cinema system you can also listen mp3s with great sound &#33;&#33;
then you don&#39;t need to go to the cinema and pay for the watching...
Filesharing is great in every case &#33;&#33; :rolleyes:

Sid Hartha
10-30-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by cappella(m)@30 October 2003 - 21:04
hey whats the problem Sid Hartha ??
It&#39;s good news..You don&#39;t need to go to the cinema when you have a home cinema system with great surround sound and a big projector which I point on a special wall.. I&#39;ve the same quality like in the cinema..you just need to connect this thing to the pc..of course it depends on the quality of the file you downloaded...
And I really can&#39;t hear the big difference between mp3s or wmas and a normal cd... When you don&#39;t like mp3s you can download a big wav file...
And when many people would buy home cinema systems they would become cheaper and cheaper and cheaper..so later everyone would have their home cinema system..
oh yeah and on this home cinema system you can also listen mp3s with great sound &#33;&#33;
then you don&#39;t need to go to the cinema and pay for the watching...
Filesharing is great in every case &#33;&#33;&nbsp; :rolleyes:
Hey capella.
It&#39;s sounds like you actually read my comments. For that, I salute you&#33;

may I retort...

"You don&#39;t need to go to the cinema..."
But I like to go to the cinema.

"I&#39;ve the same quality like in the cinema..you just need to connect this thing to the pc..of course it depends on the quality of the file you downloaded..."
Ahh, see that&#39;s the problem. There&#39;s this thing called compression. You need to compress video files, otherwise a standard 720x486 video file @30fps would take up over a Gig for every minute. Even a reasonable quality compressed file - like mpeg2 (DVD) - is gonna be at least 2-3 Gigs for a feature film. The smaller files - like DiVX and mpeg4 - are okay for looking at on a small screen, but once you project the image it looks like crap (I&#39;ve seen this demonstrated).
Personally I enjoy DVD but it&#39;s still no comparison to 35mm film. (I used to be a projectionist, so maybe it&#39;s in my blood.)
Maybe darkmind is correct that the internet will destroy filmmaking and theaters. To me it&#39;s a depressing thought.

"And I really can&#39;t hear the big difference between mp3s or wmas"
Well, in a way you&#39;re luck then. Some people can, some don&#39;t.

"When you don&#39;t like mp3s you can download a big wav file.."
have you tried this? I haven&#39;t seen much WAV trading. Besides, it seems like a waste of effort. Really, I don&#39;t have that big of a problem buying the occasional CD if I really like it.

And to repeat: Yes, I like filesharing. I download mp3s. I download movies. I just hope this doesn&#39;t end up destroying the real thing.