PDA

View Full Version : How Does This Dj Thing Work?

scribblec
10-24-2003, 10:13 PM
what is this dj thing?

how do we listen do we need win amp

if i want to be a dj how do i go about doing this?

do we use our own mp3 collection which we have backed up

do we use our mic?

can we play any music?

how do i get a slot

summerlinda
10-24-2003, 10:15 PM
Read about it here (http://www.the-lounge.us/welcome.php) & here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=73321)

Lamsey
10-24-2003, 10:18 PM
OK...

You are essentially playing back music on your computer and speaking over it with your microphone. You need some sort of sotware that will take this sound data and send it to a server.

I use SAM2, which processes and re-encodes the mp3s as well as offering some fairly sophisticated DJing functions. Alternatively, you can use a WinAmp ShoutCast plugin to send the data straight from WinAmp.

When you stream the audio data to the server, it 'mirrors' the show so that many people can listen. You only send one stream to the server. Hundreds of people can connect to the server and hear what you're broadcasting.

thewizeard
10-24-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@24 October 2003 - 23:18
OK...

You are essentially playing back music on your computer and speaking over it with your microphone. You need some sort of sotware that will take this sound data and send it to a server.

I use SAM2, which processes and re-encodes the mp3s as well as offering some fairly sophisticated DJing functions. Alternatively, you can use a WinAmp ShoutCast plugin to send the data straight from WinAmp.

When you stream the audio data to the server, it 'mirrors' the show so that many people can listen. You only send one stream to the server. Hundreds of people can connect to the server and hear what you're broadcasting.
Right...um ..yes, what is sotware? :o

Lamsey
10-24-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by nigel123@24 October 2003 - 22:20
Right...um ..yes, what is sotware? :o
It's clearly a typo http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/tongue.gifhttp://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/fingerright.gif

scribblec
10-24-2003, 10:22 PM
so basically i send it to the server first and then it plays?

Lamsey
10-24-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by scribblec@24 October 2003 - 22:22
so basically i send it to the server first and then it plays?
Yes, but there's only a 10(ish) second lag. It's almost real-time.

muchspl2
10-24-2003, 10:23 PM
I still can't believe netwiser can't get it going, whats even weirder is he ask a seconds before show time

scribblec
10-24-2003, 10:24 PM
oooo i already have a playlist with rap rock and dido ready

also do i have to talk aswell?

and cant we use media player :(

Lamsey
10-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by scribblec@24 October 2003 - 22:24

Yes, you need to talk.

You can't use Media Player. I suggest you acquire SAM2; if not, use Winamp or QCD with the ShoutCast plugin.

summerlinda
10-24-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@24 October 2003 - 23:23
I still can't believe netwiser can't get it going, whats even weirder is he ask a seconds before show time
Wrong Topic

scribblec
10-24-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+24 October 2003 - 22:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 24 October 2003 - 22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scribblec@24 October 2003 - 22:24

Yes, you need to talk.

You can&#39;t use Media Player. I suggest you acquire SAM2; if not, use Winamp or QCD with the ShoutCast plugin. [/b][/quote]
ive got winamp ive got that plug in
how do i transfer a playlist from media player to winamp or when im playing should i put the songs i want into a folder and play them one at a time after i have spoken

also im registering a time thingy for the broadcast whats the best time do u reckon?

edit: also u know how the music is played through winamp how do i speak using mic aswell so like can u hear me when mic is on or do i have to plug mic in everytime a song ends or is there a btuton i press to activate mic then let go so mic is off??

can someone tell me a guid imreally interested in this....

scribblec
10-24-2003, 10:42 PM
how do i listen to the live thing also i wanna listen to lamseys show but i cant every time i download the pls file it opens up using cyber dvd

Skweeky
10-24-2003, 10:44 PM
you know...I mean no offence by this scribbly, but it would be easier if you&#39;d actually use correct spelling and periods or commas every now and then. I always have to read your posts 3 times before I understand what you mean :)

Just a tip to improve communication ;)

scribblec
10-24-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@24 October 2003 - 22:44
you know...I mean no offence by this scribbly, but it would be easier if you&#39;d actually use correct spelling and periods or commas every now and then. I always have to read your posts 3 times before I understand what you mean :)

Just a tip to improve communication ;)
its that msn messanger, you have to type fast to talk to all the people at once.

scribblec
10-25-2003, 07:36 PM
bump bump bump ***