PDA

View Full Version : freeleech at what.cd or what

koolyt
03-31-2010, 11:42 PM
it's supposed to be FL but something is fishy. tracker returns an error on new torrents. April fools joke???

anon
03-31-2010, 11:47 PM
What's the tracker status in your client?

koolyt
04-01-2010, 12:25 AM
varies between some nasty shit like "connection closed by peer" or "offline (timed out)"

chriswall39
04-01-2010, 12:54 AM
I think this is an april fool's joke and the turned off the tracker so no one's ratio would be affected

kondrae
04-01-2010, 05:17 AM
no, thats because its freeleech and the servers are overloading. Most of my torrents are green now

dimtim
04-02-2010, 10:28 PM
really? I thought it was an april fool's joke

kukushka
04-02-2010, 10:45 PM
plus they changed ip, there is an announce on front page.
and when there is a big freeleech at what or waffles, the tracker is having problems. it's a tradition :)

anon
04-02-2010, 10:47 PM
and when there is a big freeleech at what or waffles, the tracker is having problems. it's a tradition :)

They couldn't handle the load. :lol:

1000possibleclaws
04-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Never made so much use a what.cd freeleech as I did for this one. Finally could snatch Complete Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart packs, without destroying my ratio :D

This might be the longest freeleech on what.cd since their initial couple weeks?? :O

clapton
04-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Never made so much use a what.cd freeleech as I did for this one. Finally could snatch Complete Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart packs, without destroying my ratio :D

This might be the longest freeleech on what.cd since their initial couple weeks?? :OGlad you're enjoying it.
And if you observe any abnormalities, refer to the help forum or #what.cd-help on our IRC network.

ca_aok
04-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Nah they've had a few... I've had at least one full site freeleech in my time there, maybe two, in addition to those FLACleeches and a few others. Some of those have been longer than 4 days if I recall correctly.

lucaslee
04-04-2010, 06:18 AM
the tracker seems to be overloaded.

fairtrader
04-04-2010, 09:40 AM
^No shit sherlock.

anova
04-04-2010, 10:56 AM
yes,their tracker has some problem .but i still grab 100gb upload.

jaghardig
04-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Yeah, what is having a hard time right now. Because of all activity.

ybk1797
04-04-2010, 12:55 PM
great news. enjoy this happy time :P

nikiiii
04-04-2010, 01:58 PM
i tried editing the torrent info with the ip instead of the name

anon
04-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Just keep your client open if the tracker is overloaded and can't update your stats right now. Eventually it will.

kukushka
04-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Just keep your client open if the tracker is overloaded and can't update your stats right now. Eventually it will.
emm i'm not an expert but i was told that after some timeouts the tracker will forget some peer_id shit and just won't accept upload amount at particular torrent until the second successful announce..
anyway it won't hurt to keep the client running, but _maybe_ it could make sense _if_ the upload channel is full to temporarily suspend all "red" uploads in favor of successfully announced ones...

kik1737
04-04-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't think so.
Real freeleech, but server load seems to be very high

anon
04-04-2010, 05:00 PM
emm i'm not an expert but i was told that after some timeouts the tracker will forget some peer_id shit and just won't accept upload amount at particular torrent until the second successful announce..

What I know from theory and experience is that if the tracker is down, it will of course not update your stats until it's back up and you make an announce. Never heard about the peer_id thing.

smartkiller
04-04-2010, 06:12 PM
great..I wish I could be part of this tracker

15MAVkf
04-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I got a pretty decent buffer up so far....no worries with my ratio from now on!

gpio001
04-05-2010, 02:04 AM
4 days free,it's good news for what' user.

roodye
04-05-2010, 07:44 AM
what`s rullez :)

Castronaut
04-05-2010, 11:53 AM
I didn't download much, because I already had a 100GB buffer. Now it's at about 150GB just from downloading the entire Bach. I don't need any new music right now because I've already got quite a big backlog and I've learned from the waffles freeleech in the summer that hoarding music is a bad idea because I'll forget its there or what it is and never end up listening to it.

Might use today to update some 128kbps stuff I have from back in the day to V0.

Bushmills
04-05-2010, 03:48 PM
What.cd home page:

"
As we've grown past 3 million peers, it's gotten harder and harder for the tracker to keep up with the increased load. Recently, this manifested itself in a high percentage of tracker timeouts, which annoyed us as much as they annoyed you!

After a fair amount of hard work by WhatMan and lenrek, we've resolved the tracker issues - the load is now balanced across two trackers. There will still be problems every now and then, which are inherent in handling 3 million peers on a tight budget - however, the tracker is, for the most part, quite usable now. We thank you very much for the patience you displayed while we worked on resolving this matter.

On a different note, our new developer porkpie has implemented his first major feature - thread subscriptions! You can subscribe to a thread by clicking the [Subscribe] link on the top.

Thank you for your efforts, porkpie
"

anon
04-05-2010, 03:53 PM
I think that announcement was made before the freeleech.

Bushmills
04-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Yes, and still explains to trouble.. 3 million peers is a big number (=

Kholdstare
04-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Most torrents have been responding after some time, at least. This freeleech has been pretty epic.

elbuitre
04-06-2010, 06:33 AM
i was finally able to get all those boxsets I as lusting after :) the best so far was a french boxset of the best music from 1956 to 1980 one CD for each year; collected with easily visible mastery in music.

KELEMEN
06-14-2010, 07:24 AM
Listen Up Clapton - I'm going to do everything in my power to sabotage WHAT.CD and YOU personally. I will make damned sure of it too.
Listen up people - don't waste your time on what.cd. Go to WAFFLES instead. What.cd is ran by thieves and liars. User CLAPTON on this forum is a piece of crap over at what and is a liar and a thief.
I'm coming after you, I will make sure of it. Laugh all you want now, but believe me, what.cd is going down. And so are you.

anonymous0711
06-14-2010, 07:47 AM
I mean he has had 1 post in 3 months so if you out to get him i dont think here is the place to start...
as for what.cd i have a hard time seeing you bringing that down... regardless of what you say about the staff(which may or may not be true i rly dont care) the content of the site is good and many like it so so ppl are going to continue to use it...
I mean ppl still use and support PTP after everything thats gone on there i doubt that 1 guy with a vendetta against what is going to be that big of a deal...

karachidude
06-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Listen Up Clapton - I'm going to do everything in my power to sabotage WHAT.CD and YOU personally. I will make damned sure of it too.
Listen up people - don't waste your time on what.cd. Go to WAFFLES instead. What.cd is ran by thieves and liars. User CLAPTON on this forum is a piece of crap over at what and is a liar and a thief.
I'm coming after you, I will make sure of it. Laugh all you want now, but believe me, what.cd is going down. And so are you.

Mental Disorder :lol:

Rigel9
06-14-2010, 10:56 AM

Haha, oh wow...

anon
06-14-2010, 11:53 AM

I'm pretty sure he's as scared as hell now. :whistling

IdolEyes787
06-14-2010, 12:55 PM

I think that anyone capable of making good on threats ,either in RL or the internet don't feel the especial need to go broadcasting them.:mellow:
You are like some little dog that's constant yapping while irritating holds no real menace .
Real pitbulls don't bother to bark they just go right for the throat.

ca_aok
06-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Oh look, a butthurt trader! :O

http://media.skateboard.com.au/forum/images/ethug22.jpg

McArty
06-15-2010, 01:13 PM

Uhh! Where that come from? And who the hell are you to telling us where to go or no to go.

chachinator
06-15-2010, 09:10 PM

It's true, what.cd has gone down :cry: Damn you KELEMEN!:angry:

anon
06-15-2010, 09:11 PM
We don't even know if he has something to do with the downtime...

karachidude
06-15-2010, 09:52 PM

It's true, what.cd has gone down :cry: Damn you KELEMEN!:angry:

lol..u think KELEMEN did that :lol: