View Full Version : Oh This Is Bad!

JONNO_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 12:05 AM
I've run out of Backy :ph34r: :ph34r:

Everywhere is shut :ph34r:

Jonno B)

4play
10-25-2003, 12:08 AM
time to raid that ash tray and see if you have any left in the dog ends.

:lol:

student tricks. B)

JONNO_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 12:12 AM
Student tricks??...........Dude I started smoking like that at 11 y/o :rolleyes:

And yes I have to admit for the first time in years I am breaking Dogs :ph34r:

Jonno B)

dingoBaby
10-25-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by 4play@24 October 2003 - 19:08
time to raid that ash tray and see if you have any left in the dog ends.

:lol:

student tricks. B)
Those were the days, piss drunk at 4 am and not a smoke to be found anywhere. Digging through the ash tray, looking for leftovers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have no pride.

bigboab
10-25-2003, 12:15 AM
No 24 hour stores in Norfolk yet?

NikkiD
10-25-2003, 12:19 AM
Sweetie, I've just put some smokes into my shared folder. :) Best I can do from here!!

JONNO_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 12:22 AM
@bigboab.........Yeah course.....................the nearest is 26 miles away <_<

@Nikki..........Thankyou, but they are to big to d/l on dialup, can you half them for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

BAZ_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Jonno, it&#39;s time to give it up, You smell like ash tray, your theeth are yellow,

God i need a fag :lol: :lol:

namzuf9
10-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 October 2003 - 00:22
@bigboab.........Yeah course.....................the nearest is 26 miles away <_<

@Nikki..........Thankyou, but they are to big to d/l on dialup, can you half them for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)
Then twos me on that&#33;

Lamsey
10-25-2003, 12:26 AM
Jonno, it&#39;s not a bad thing that you can&#39;t smoke atm.

Every cigarette you don&#39;t smoke is a step away from lung cancer, and more money in your pocket.

It&#39;s also a step further away from a prolonged, undignified and extremely painful death.

That can&#39;t be bad.

bigboab
10-25-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 October 2003 - 00:22

Jonno B)
20 minute there and back on that machine of yours Jonno. If the norfolk roads are anything like the Lincs roads. :)

BAZ_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 12:29 AM
Can you all help Jonno stop smoking, i am in the same room and at time&#39;s it&#39;s very hard for me to breath as the room is so full of smoke.
And he picks his nose and flicks it at me when i say please dont smoke.

4play
10-25-2003, 12:30 AM
have you seen the new warning labels on cigs these days.

i saw one that said "smoking will cause a early, slow and painful death"

good news then :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 12:30 AM
Oh Lamsey, I knew you would jump in here at some point :rolleyes:

Don&#39;t give me the anti smoking thing, I seen it first hand believe me but I also seen a very good friend die of Cancer and he never smoked, I also saw my Great Grandfather live to 98 y/o after working in mines and smoking from the age of 15-86 and he died of simple old age, so the way I see it.............I may get hit by a bus 2morrow........

In the words of the cat

It&#39;s better to live 1 hour as a Tiger, than a lifetime as a worm B)

I know the response.........."Whoever heard of a wormskin rug"

@Baz...........STFU......you smoked longer than me ya smeg head :P

Jonno B)

Lamsey
10-25-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by BAZ_CELEBS@25 October 2003 - 00:29
Can you all help Jonno stop smoking, i am in the same room and at time&#39;s it&#39;s very hard for me to breath as the room is so full of smoke.
Well, if he won&#39;t take in what I said above, there&#39;s not much hope for him I&#39;m afraid.

If someone isn&#39;t bothered about committing a slow, expensive and agonising suicide, I doubt they&#39;ll be bothered about your welfare.

Skweeky
10-25-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@25 October 2003 - 01:26

Every cigarette you don&#39;t smoke is a step away from lung cancer, and more money in your pocket.

It&#39;s also a step further away from a prolonged, undignified and extremely painful death.

That can&#39;t be bad.
That is 100% true....but if you been smoking since you were eleven, as me and Jonno, that is not exactly something you think about when you run out of tobacco in the middle of the night :(

Sad, isn&#39;t it? :(

bigboab
Originally posted by BAZ_CELEBS@25 October 2003 - 00:29
If we were to help him stop smoking he would just pick his nose a lot more. :rolleyes:

BAZ_CELEBS
There will be no smoking in my space ship

Skweeky
10-25-2003, 12:33 AM
What?? No smoking&#33; Can&#39;t I sit outside? On the deck or sth? :lol:

bigboab
10-25-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Skweeky@25 October 2003 - 00:33
What?? No smoking&#33; Can&#39;t I sit outside? On the deck or sth? :lol:
There was me thinking that your &#39;husky&#39; voice was sexually orientated. :(

JONNO_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 12:35 AM
Lamsey..........Sorry dude but but I have been smoking since you were 2 y/o :rolleyes:

I wish I had&#39;nt started but on the other hand I enjoy a smoke :)
It&#39;s my body and I will do what I will with it.........there are a lot worse things in this life than smoking :rolleyes:

@Skweeky........Thankyou :D

btw, I can give up, I have proved it but when I gave up before it was cos I thought I ought to, not cos I wanted to, THAT is the difference <_<

Jonno B)

BAZ_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 12:37 AM
I have just had a close look at your sig Jonno, is that a fag in ya gob mate,
Very bad jonno :angry:
Bad boy Jonno :blink:

Skweeky
10-25-2003, 12:38 AM
hehehe, to be honest I hardly smoke. I can do two weeks with one packet of tobacco. I like smoking a cigarette when I&#39;m in the pub with friends, or at home drinking with friends, but I hardly smoke when I&#39;m alone.

Last year went to a medical check up, the doctor literally told me that smoking like I do does no more harm than being stuck in traffic every day for 10 minutes....

Still...if I want a cigarette, I need a cigarette, there&#39;s no doubt about that. I think I could quit with some effort, but I don&#39;t really want to

Lamsey
10-25-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 October 2003 - 00:35
Lamsey..........Sorry dude but but I have been smoking since you were 2 y/o :rolleyes:

I wish I had&#39;nt started but on the other hand I enjoy a smoke :)
It&#39;s my body and I will do what I will with it.........there are a lot worse things in this life than smoking :rolleyes:
So you want to die?

You want to end up in a hospital bed, with your throat being pumped to clear it of the accumulating mucus?

You want to go through all that, and put your family and friends through that?

If you don&#39;t want that (which any sensible person wouldn&#39;t), stop smoking.

There comes a time in your life when you have to face up to these facts and not glibly dismiss them.

Stop thinking that it won&#39;t happen to you. It will. This is certain. And no-one here wants it to happen.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
10-25-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@24 October 2003 - 19:39
So you want to die?

You want to end up in a hospital bed, with your throat being pumped to clear it of the accumulating mucus?

You want to go through all that, and put your family and friends through that?

If you don&#39;t want that (which any sensible person wouldn&#39;t), stop smoking.

There comes a time in your life when you have to face up to these facts and not glibly dismiss them.

Stop thinking that it won&#39;t happen to you. It will. This is certain. And no-one here wants it to happen.
;) Yep.....watched my Father die that way.He choose to live that Life....like I do.

I have maybe 30 years left.And I do not think I will make it to 58..he did not.I am going to enjoy it.I like Smoking. :D

bigboab
10-25-2003, 12:43 AM
Am I imagining this? With the exception of Squeeky, I am speaking to a guy who is having a conversation with himself? Dont forget I am an international PI and I notice these things. :lol: If I am imagining it then it is time for to go to bed before the Ribena kicks in. :lol: :lol:

Lamsey
10-25-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Skweeky@25 October 2003 - 00:38
hehehe, to be honest I hardly smoke. I can do two weeks with one packet of tobacco. I like smoking a cigarette when I&#39;m in the pub with friends, or at home drinking with friends, but I hardly smoke when I&#39;m alone.

Last year went to a medical check up, the doctor literally told me that smoking like I do does no more harm than being stuck in traffic every day for 10 minutes....

Still...if I want a cigarette, I need a cigarette, there&#39;s no doubt about that. I think I could quit with some effort, but I don&#39;t really want to
My grandfather enjoyed the odd smoke of a pipe. His doctor also told him that it wouldn&#39;t damage his health very much.

Do you want to know how he died? I wish I didn&#39;t.

If you look up you might get an idea.

I&#39;m serious about this, people. You need to actually think about it for a minute. Take off your blinkers.

I&#39;m going to bed now before I get myself any more worked up over this.

I apologise for taking one of Jonno&#39;s threads into seriousness. I realise that as it is one of his threads, I should really be making smutty jokes about the shape of cigarettes rather than trying to save people&#39;s lives.

Sorry about that.

edit: @FC: I guarantee you won&#39;t be talking like that on your deathbed.

BAZ_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 12:48 AM
Your views are very good, But it&#39;s like pumping water into the vains of an herion adict, there will be no subs.
No words, no horror.
It is left the the person who has the addiction&#33;

What do we do?

Come with me to the new planet and once there, you will feel no need to smoke.
Peace & Love

JONNO_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 12:49 AM
Ok Lamsey, I&#39;m not gonna argue with you all night

I commend your strong view against it and would tell anyone NOT to start but.......like I said, I am not niaeve, I have seen the effects at their absolute worst and up close and very personal so you don&#39;t have to preach to me.

And not all lung Cancer is caused from smoking, Asbestoces, coal dust, MDF dust , fibreglass, I know all about it m8, there is nothing you can tell me thats new, I have seen the fx of them all and to sit there at 18 y/o and tell me what I SHOULD do is very self centred dude , not having a go at your age m8 at all ok.

And one other thing, I have seen people give up smoking and deteriorate very quickly because their body cannot take the rejection, so again.........I know&#33;&#33;&#33; I know allllllll about it and I still CHOOSE to smoke, thats my choice............you play Archery.........you could accidently shoot someone.........I surf........I could drown (been very close) I ride a bike, I could hit a car (Again, very very close many times), do you see what I&#39;m saying..........I could give up and be healthy until I get Parkinsons or MS etc, you see what I&#39;m saying.............we all take risks, and they are our choices......this is mine..........my choice, my risk, my body, my life&#33;

Jonno B)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
10-25-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@24 October 2003 - 19:43
edit: @FC: I guarantee you won&#39;t be talking like that on your deathbed.
;) I am not afraid of my maker.Maybe you are Lamsey.Yeah.....I watched my Father fight it....he did not want to go....maybe he was afraid.

And then a Year later his Sister died almost the same way.She accepted it.....and went out Quietly.

Maybe I will not be talking this way on my Death Bed...maybe I will.But it is my Life.....has nothing to do with you or anybody else.No wife and no kids.....just me in this World.

*I love debates.*

FC B)

scribblec
10-25-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey+25 October 2003 - 00:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 25 October 2003 - 00:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@25 October 2003 - 00:38

My grandfather enjoyed the odd smoke of a pipe. His doctor also told him that it wouldn&#39;t damage his health very much.

Do you want to know how he died? I wish I didn&#39;t.

If you look up you might get an idea.

I&#39;m serious about this, people. You need to actually think about it for a minute. Take off your blinkers.

I&#39;m going to bed now before I get myself any more worked up over this.

I apologise for taking one of Jonno&#39;s threads into seriousness. I realise that as it is one of his threads, I should really be making smutty jokes about the shape of cigarettes rather than trying to save people&#39;s lives.

Sorry about that.

edit: @FC: I guarantee you won&#39;t be talking like that on your deathbed. [/b][/quote]
ahhh this is the even better side of lamsey :)

namzuf9
10-25-2003, 12:52 AM
Fuck me guys. Do you drive? Do you take public transport? Do you realise how many people a year die in road accidents? Don&#39;t ever drive. Don&#39;t cross the road. Don&#39;t take a shit cos a hernia could split and kill you.
And don&#39;t smoke cos at least we may enjoy a cigarette.
Living is the biggest fucking risk you will ever take and whatever gets you through it, enjoy it.

Fell free to edit the obscenity out of this, I don&#39;t often do it.

Edit: Apologies, was not meant as a direct attack on people.

Skweeky
10-25-2003, 12:53 AM
Liam..my uncle died of lungcancer, I know how horrible it is. My father died of a heart attack because he refused to change his eating pattern...it was just as horrible to see...the last few years of his life he could hardly walk 2 metres withouth having to stop to catch his breath. My godmother died of stomach cancer, there is not other person that lived as healthy as she did....

What I am trying to say is that we all know the danger we put ourselves in. Don&#39;t think smokers don&#39;t realize what the punishment may be. I just think you don&#39;t need to pin down on one thing. Traffic each year is death cause number one here in Belgium...I don&#39;t think there are a lot of people who sell their car for that. There are so many things that can kill people and most of those things we create/have created ourselved. It&#39;s a choice one makes.

I am not defending smoking here, and I am most certainly not encouraging it. I am just saying that there are a lot of other things out there that kill just as much people as cigarettes, but are never mentioned because they are socially accepted.
I don&#39;t think that&#39;s fair, the same standard should count for everything.

namzuf9
10-25-2003, 12:56 AM
Well done to jonno for keeping a serious reply up.

Wibble?

bigboab
10-25-2003, 12:57 AM
Might I step into the breech here for a minute. I have Emphysema, I have had a triple heart bypass operation, I suffer from Alzheimers, actually Pre-Senile Dementia as Alzheimers is the name after you are 65 and Arthritis I do not smoke&#33; I respect an individuals right to do so as long as they are not making me passively smoke, and that is only to do with the smell on my clothes etc. Sorry for interrupting.

Actually I have missed out a few minor things but who the hell cares. :lol:

Skweeky
10-25-2003, 12:57 AM
It&#39;s wibbly
W I B B L Y

namzuf9
10-25-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Skweeky@25 October 2003 - 00:57
It&#39;s wibbly
W I B B L Y
My apologies,

bigboab
10-25-2003, 01:01 AM
It&#39;s wibbly
W I B B L Y
Which means? :huh:

JONNO_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 01:02 AM
It&#39;s wibbly
W I B B L Y
:lol: :lol: Yeah, Skweeky remembers :D

@Bigboab.........Dude thats a nasty thing to hear and sorry for you, not nice, but great to see you so happy and fun loving out here :)

Ok.........I am closing this thread with one word.......

WIBBLY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

And if that does&#39;nt work then I&#39;m posting him :D

Jonno B)

UKMan
10-25-2003, 01:06 AM
"What do you think Sherlock?"
"You know my methods Watson, apply them".
"Hmm, pipe, tobacco, drugs, needle - yepp, i think i know your views".

Peace
UKMan

bigboab
10-25-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+25 October 2003 - 01:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 25 October 2003 - 01:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@25 October 2003 - 00:57
It&#39;s wibbly
W I B B L Y
:lol: :lol: Yeah, Skweeky remembers :D

@Bigboab.........Dude thats a nasty thing to hear and sorry for you, not nice, but great to see you so happy and fun loving out here :)

Ok.........I am closing this thread with one word.......

WIBBLY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

And if that does&#39;nt work then I&#39;m posting him :D

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
Jonno I will send you to your bed really unhappy. I applied for disabilty living allowance a while back and was turned down. On the refusal form the doctor had put down &#39;Looks too good&#39;. Now thats something I can flash around at 65. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit. Since then the doctor was struck off for supplying illegal drugs to someone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

namzuf9
10-25-2003, 01:09 AM
As this is a serious thread I would like to add:

Death and causes of, is a very touchy subject. I have seen people very close to me waste away and die; it hurts. My best friend was stabbed in front of me and I tried in vain to save him but he died all the same.
My aunt died of cancer and avoided smokers like the plague. My great uncle died of cancer and smoked like a chimney.

But, I believe, its not how you die but how you lived that counts.
Thats my opinion (without the bad language)

Octopussy
10-25-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@25 October 2003 - 00:26

That can&#39;t be bad.
your the best :wub:

Skweeky
10-25-2003, 01:16 AM
of course, everyone is in title of his/her own opinion, and indeed this is a very touchy subject.

I can only say that I hope things like this can be discussed in an adult way.

JONNO_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 01:18 AM
@BB........... :lol: :lol: Funny I got one saying "Ugly Git" :lol: :lol: ;)

@Nam.......We all see bad things in life and your last words there are all that can really be said.........Live Life........Free Spirit B)

@Octo........You about the same age as Lamsey ain&#39;t you? :rolleyes:

Jonno B)

Skweeky
10-25-2003, 01:21 AM
Jonno, I hardly think age has anything to do with this. Lamsey and Octopussy are right. Smoking is bad for your health and it pleases me to see that someone is doing the effort to try and stop us from smoking. It&#39;s the same thing you did a couple of weeks ago for me when I was doing too much speed. ;)

Not everyone should be the cynical bastard some of us are :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peace
Sonja
xxx

Illuminati
10-25-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Skweeky@25 October 2003 - 01:53
What I am trying to say is that we all know the danger we put ourselves in. Don&#39;t think smokers don&#39;t realize what the punishment may be. I just think you don&#39;t need to pin down on one thing. Traffic each year is death cause number one here in Belgium...I don&#39;t think there are a lot of people who sell their car for that.&nbsp; There are so many things that can kill people and most of those things we create/have created ourselved. It&#39;s a choice one makes.

I am not defending smoking here, and I am most certainly not encouraging it. I am just saying that there are a lot of other things out there that kill just as much people as cigarettes, but are never mentioned because they are socially accepted.
I don&#39;t think that&#39;s fair, the same standard should count for everything.
Not often when I say this, but "What Skweeky said" ;)

Most smokers know the risks already, but still choose to smoke - Most do it out of habit, but many still do it out of choice. Hell, up till 18 months ago I was smoking a few - I knew the risks (they&#39;re etched in by high school), but I still did it. Main reason I quit was because I didn&#39;t have the cash for them - Hell, by the time I could afford them, I was withdrew from the nicotine altogether :D

In reality, I have to compare this with the abortion and euthanasia subjects. But maybe the similarities are in my twisted mind :huh:

Skweeky
10-25-2003, 01:31 AM
hmmm, I wouldn&#39;t want to go that far. Indeed abortion and euthansia are also choices a person can make, but it more the solution for a problem than the cause. I can&#39;t imagine someone chooses to be pregnant just to be able to choose for abortion.

I can see what you mean though, but IMO it isn&#39;t quite the same. When you smoke, you choose to accept the risk that it can make you ill. Abortion or euthanasia are choices made out of necessity, a problem that demands a solution.

bigboab
10-25-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Skweeky@25 October 2003 - 01:31
Indeed abortion and euthansia
I have found out that the youth in asia are just the same as the youth in the west.
Except for maybe those weird ones in Thailand(That I read about). :rolleyes:

Illuminati
10-25-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Skweeky@25 October 2003 - 02:31
hmmm, I wouldn&#39;t want to go that far. Indeed abortion and euthansia are also choices a person can make, but it more the solution for a problem than the cause. I can&#39;t imagine someone chooses to be pregnant just to be able to choose for abortion.

I can see what you mean though, but IMO it isn&#39;t quite the same. When you smoke, you choose to accept the risk that it can make you ill. Abortion or euthanasia are choices made out of necessity, a problem that demands a solution.
True on that part, but the link I was thinking of was more on the pattern of common opinions; in each, there&#39;s a case you &#39;you can choose to&#39; or &#39;you can&#39;t&#39;

e.g.
Abortion -> "You can choose to have an abortion", "You can&#39;t have an abortion - You must raise this baby"
Euthanasia -> "You can choose to die if you want if critically ill", "Even if you are critically ill and we have no cure, you cannot be allowed to die even if living means months of severe pain"

Smoking -> "Smoke if you want, as long as it doesn&#39;t get in my way", "Don&#39;t smoke - They&#39;re bad for you".

But like I said, that&#39;s just opinion - And probably just in my twisted mind :lol:

Skweeky
10-25-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by bigboab+25 October 2003 - 02:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 25 October 2003 - 02:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@25 October 2003 - 01:31
I have found out that the youth in asia are just the same as the youth in the west.
Except for maybe those weird ones in Thailand(That I read about). :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
eh? :blink: explain please

@illuminati: nothing as fun as exchanging opinions ;)

bigboab
10-25-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Skweeky+25 October 2003 - 01:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skweeky @ 25 October 2003 - 01:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bigboab@25 October 2003 - 02:37
<!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@25 October 2003 - 01:31
Except for maybe those weird ones in Thailand(That I read about). :rolleyes:
eh? :blink: explain please

@illuminati: nothing as fun as exchanging opinions ;) [/b][/quote]
Which part Squeeky?

Skweeky
10-25-2003, 01:42 AM
I just don&#39;t understand your reply to that quote :)

JONNO_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Skweeky@25 October 2003 - 01:21
Jonno, I hardly think age has anything to do with this. Lamsey and Octopussy are right. Smoking is bad for your health and it pleases me to see that someone is doing the effort to try and stop us from smoking. It&#39;s the same thing you did a couple of weeks ago for me when I was doing too much speed. ;)

Not everyone should be the cynical bastard some of us are :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:

Peace
Sonja
xxx
Hey, you having a go at me? :unsure:

I&#39;m not having a go at their ages but I don&#39;t see how someone 8 years younger than me can preach to me, say it once, fair enough, say it twice, crossed the line <_<
And Speed is different, it&#39;s a chemical, no telling what is in it and it can shut your heart down in the blink of an eye........I was worried .........well, you know, this is different.

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/hug.gif

Jonno B)

bigboab
10-25-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Skweeky@25 October 2003 - 01:42
I just don&#39;t understand your reply to that quote :)
You&#39;ll be glad to know I am going to give up these quips. :P

It is all down to pronunciation. Euthenasia= youthinasia. :D

Skweeky
10-25-2003, 01:50 AM
Of course I&#39;m not having a go at you, silly. I was just saying that I like seeing Liam doing the effort. You don&#39;t need to read his posts if they annoy you.

And yes, speed can cause more damage on short term. Nicotene does it on long term. I&#39;m not telling anyone what do to with his/her life. I smoke myself, who am I to do so?

If Lamsey thinks that he should do this, and he feels himself ethically obliged to do so, is it fair to stop him then?

Ah well, it&#39;s a neverending discussion, and no one is going to win this.

I don&#39;t mind reading anyone&#39;s posts as long as they have a point (or are just plain funny :lol: ) And I do think Lamsey had a point.

/me hugs Jonno

@bigboab: :lol: :lol: :lol: Love it&#33;

JONNO_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 01:56 AM
True, a point is good to make but as much as I like and respect Lamsey I don&#39;t agree with his graphical views in the way they come across......when saying these things he/we should think of those who have seen it close, to say things like

So you want to die?

Thats not on.

Thats too graphic and unesassary, think of the people here who may now be getting over a friend/family member going thru this, they don&#39;t need to read that.

I started this thread as a kinda joke cos I run out of backy, I did&#39;nt want an argument like this, I get enough of this IRL, I don&#39;t want or need it here.

Jonno B)

Billy_Dean
10-25-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@25 October 2003 - 10:45
You&#39;ll be glad to know I am going to give up these quips. :P

I find it hard enough to get a hard-on now, without Skweeky deflating me. :(

Really BB? Tell us all about it.

:)

Ron
10-25-2003, 02:01 AM
Nicotine isn&#39;t bad.
It&#39;s the tar that will eventually kill us smokers.
The only bad thing about nicotine (in the amounts that are in a cigarette) is that you have to smoke it to get it.
Nicotine patches aren&#39;t unhealthy at all.

:)

Skweeky
10-25-2003, 02:02 AM
AHA&#33; Look who&#39;s here&#33;

We&#39;re talking about video&#39;s and profit and look who shows up&#33; <_<

Nice to see you again Ron :lol:

hobbes
10-25-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by namzuf9@25 October 2003 - 01:52
Fuck me Lamsey. Do you drive? Do you take public transport? Do you realise how many people a year die in road accidents? Don&#39;t ever drive. Don&#39;t cross the road. Don&#39;t take a shit cos a hernia could split and kill you.
And don&#39;t smoke cos at least we may enjoy a cigarette.
Living is the biggest fucking risk you will ever take and whatever gets you through&nbsp; it, enjoy it.

Fell free to edit the obscenity out of this, I don&#39;t often do it.
It is fine to relate your personal horrors in relation to smoking and your thoughts to people about why you want them to quit in a general thread about smoking.
However, to tell someone in a nicotine fit to be thankful he has no harmful cigarettes and to stop killing himself and expect a considered response, is a losing proposition. It puts people on the defensive and it comes off as preaching, especially in this case, given the age differences.
Sometimes we let our emotions drive our comments and forget that even constructive criticism or well intentioned comments needs to be meted out at the right time, in the right way, or it will achieve the opposite.

Viola, Lamsey has now elicited the smokers bravado.

Namzuf,

We all accept that our preferred lifestyle of easy and convenient commutes, the ability to drive to the country or travel abroad at will, comes at a price. These are risk/reward tradeoffs. The number of people engaged in these activities is everyone and the overall mortality rate is almost nil if you remove drug related fatalities.
Cigarettes on the other hand, may cause temporary enjoyment to the user, but the payback is that 100% suffer from it (Cancer gets all the hype, but is just the tip of the iceberg). Just ask Jonno, who posted that people should not start. So, rather than seeing smoking as a casual thing, it is really a trap people fall into and it is difficult to escape. Most people NEED to smoke, not want too. Even as they take a drag, they mutter, "gotta quit this filthy habit". Cigarettes will kill you or hurt you, even if used properly, but a car never will. 70% of all car related deaths are drug related (drinking, marijuana, etc.).
So my point is that the comparison is not valid as it fails to take into account the vast disparity in the denominators and the fact that cars never kill actively, only passively if misused by the operator.

Summary:
Shit does happen, but no need looking for a pile to jump into&#33;

kurtsl0an
10-25-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@25 October 2003 - 02:42
Summary:
very nicely put, but i say that while i inhale from the cancer stick&#33; - :D

Keikan
10-25-2003, 08:52 AM
For me even if i wanted to smoke, i couldn&#39;t :P

Celerystalksme
10-25-2003, 10:22 AM
Just had a smoke then...

I live my life like im going to die tomorrow...So every other day is just a bonus to me...

I been through a lot in 19 years...so im happy im still alive and im glad i&#39;ve never taken a cheap way out...

I smoke, I drink, I eat unhealthy (i rarely eat, when i do eat *its not a proper meal*)...And im not the most healthy person in the world...but im still alive...

Im sick of people telling me what to do...no person has changed me...friends/family/girlfriends have all tried to change me...yet they have all failed miserably...

I reckon people should just let other people live their lives and be happy that they are alive at the moment...and not think about what might happen 10 years down the road...

Im glad the people i know and love are alive today and i treasure that...and i think everyone should treasure the people they know and love being alive...because no one has control of tomorrow...

Laters
Cely http://www.klboard.ath.cx/style_images/1/icon12.gif

clocker
10-25-2003, 10:26 AM
Live fast, die young and leave a ...um,er...crispy green corpse?

scribblec
10-25-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@25 October 2003 - 08:52
why not?

Celerystalksme
10-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by clocker@25 October 2003 - 19:26
Live fast, die young and leave a ...um,er...crispy green corpse?
Yeah i guess thats my motto summed up...

i got a bad pack of smokes *damn marlboro*...my pack reads *SMOKING CAUSES LUNG CANCER* (no shit) <_<

bigboab
10-25-2003, 11:19 AM
I wish I had smoked :(

clocker
10-25-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@25 October 2003 - 04:19
I wish I had smoked :(
not with a f*cking bargepole....

namzuf9
10-25-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@25 October 2003 - 02:42
Namzuf,

We all accept that our preferred lifestyle of easy and convenient commutes, the ability to drive to the country or travel abroad at will, comes at a price. These are risk/reward tradeoffs. The number of people engaged in these activities is everyone and the overall mortality rate is almost nil if you remove drug related fatalities.
Cigarettes on the other hand, may cause temporary enjoyment to the user, but the payback is that 100% suffer from it (Cancer gets all the hype, but is just the tip of the iceberg). Just ask Jonno, who posted that people should not start. So, rather than seeing smoking as a casual thing, it is really a trap people fall into and it is difficult to escape. Most people NEED to smoke, not want too. Even as they take a drag, they mutter, "gotta quit this filthy habit". Cigarettes will kill you or hurt you, even if used properly, but a car never will. 70% of all car related deaths are drug related (drinking, marijuana, etc.).
So my point is that the comparison is not valid as it fails to take into account the vast disparity in the denominators and the fact that cars never kill actively, only passively if misused by the operator.

Summary:
My I direct you attention to the following articles:

www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/06/08/1055010873305.html+petrol+fumes+cancer&hl=en&ie=UTF-8]Petrol (http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:n_byBirFs18J:

and

www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/09/04/1031115886010.html+exhaust+fumes+cancer&hl=en&ie=UTF-8]Lung (http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:WN9EFkXL6F0J:[url) cancer lniked to diesil pollution.

I hope you all find this an interesting read and to be honest, working in the city (London) scares me more than smoking.

Evil Gemini
10-25-2003, 01:46 PM
thanks for the links namzuf9 makes you wanna leave the city. :unsure:

Only if the guy who invened the electric motor beat the guy who invented the internal combustion engine.

UKMan
10-25-2003, 02:34 PM
The problem is, everyone has a point&#33;

Now that everyone has made it - lets make up and continue being friends - please :D

Peace
UKMan

namzuf9
10-25-2003, 02:52 PM
I&#39;m quite enjoying this one although I&#39;d be the first to admit I over reacted to a post last night and swore at Lamsey.. I felt quite bad so I edited the post this morning (sober&#33;)

Everyone does have a point for a change even Jonno which is quite scary. :lol:

hobbes
10-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by namzuf9@25 October 2003 - 15:52
I&#39;m quite enjoying this one although I&#39;d be the first to admit I over reacted to a post last night and swore at Lamsey.. I felt quite bad so I edited the post this morning (sober&#33;)

Everyone does have a point for a change even Jonno which is quite scary. :lol:
I agree with the agreement.

UKMan
10-25-2003, 06:04 PM
:wub: can ya feel da luv :wub:

Peace
UKMan

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
10-25-2003, 06:23 PM
:huh: So does this mean I can start Posting in this Thread again? :huh:

clocker
10-25-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@25 October 2003 - 11:23
:huh: So does this mean I can start Posting in this Thread again? :huh:
Since when did a little flaming keep you away?

Is this the new, kinder, gentler FC at work?

Lamsey
10-25-2003, 07:49 PM
No, FC got a little riled because I shouted at him in Soulseek.

You&#39;ll note I&#39;m not posting in this thread anymore, as it would be counter-productive.

However, I would like to apologise if I caused anyone distress last night.

bigboab
10-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@25 October 2003 - 19:49
You&#39;ll note I&#39;m not posting in this thread anymore
:unsure:

JONNO_CELEBS
10-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Lamsey I would like to apologise also, to you and anyone else I may have offended, with a drink fueled evening I reacted a little over the top instead of accepting your views as what they are........your views.

We all have our views and we all have the right to air them so Sorry for getting a bit nasty at times.

Stay Cool

Jonno B)

Lamsey
10-25-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by bigboab+25 October 2003 - 19:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 25 October 2003 - 19:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@25 October 2003 - 19:49
:unsure: [/b][/quote]
I meant with regards to the subject matter ;)

bigboab
10-25-2003, 08:25 PM
:unsure: :unsure: :lol:

namzuf9
10-25-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+25 October 2003 - 19:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 25 October 2003 - 19:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bigboab@25 October 2003 - 19:53
<!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@25 October 2003 - 19:49
:unsure:
I meant with regards to the subject matter ;) [/b][/quote]
Damn thread hijackers :P

I hope you read my apology as well. If not dont worry I still love you :blink:

Keikan
10-25-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by scribblec+25 October 2003 - 03:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scribblec @ 25 October 2003 - 03:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@25 October 2003 - 08:52
why not? [/b][/quote]
no access

hobbes
10-25-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Keikan+26 October 2003 - 00:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Keikan &#064; 26 October 2003 - 00:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by scribblec@25 October 2003 - 03:27
<!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@25 October 2003 - 08:52
why not?
no access [/b][/quote]
You have no mouth? Try your nostrils as an alternative. The trick will be trying and look cool while you do it. Break some new ground in smoking history&#33;

hobbes
10-26-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by namzuf9@25 October 2003 - 14:10

www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/06/08/1055010873305.html+petrol+fumes+cancer&hl=en&ie=UTF-8]Petrol (http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:n_byBirFs18J:

and

www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/09/04/1031115886010.html+exhaust+fumes+cancer&hl=en&ie=UTF-8]Lung (http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:WN9EFkXL6F0J:[url) cancer lniked to diesil pollution.

I hope you all find this an interesting read and to be honest, working in the city (London) scares me more than smoking.

Didn&#39;t see this before.

If we elimate cars to avoid their fumes, we will have to restructure our societies and learn a new way of life.

If we eliminate cigarettes, society will press on unaffected. As a society we need a drug to escape reality. Some choose pot, others alcohol, and others religion. As a society, I do not see the role of cigarettes as being essential in that way.

If you want to go back to a world of no-electricity, no cars and no mass production, feel free. I will acknowledge and gladly accept the trade-offs that burning fossil fuels bring. The goal is to find better, cleaner ways to satisfy our energy needs. But that&#39;s a subject unto itself.

Bottom line, I don&#39;t find the comparison appropriate.

Keikan
10-26-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+25 October 2003 - 16:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 25 October 2003 - 16:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Keikan@26 October 2003 - 00:25

Originally posted by scribblec@25 October 2003 - 03:27
<!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@25 October 2003 - 08:52
why not?
no access
You have no mouth? Try your nostrils as an alternative. The trick will be trying and look cool while you do it. Break some new ground in smoking history&#33; [/b][/quote]
Nooooooo

I can&#39;t get access to cigarettes..

UKMan
10-26-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@26 October 2003 - 01:48
Nooooooo

You live in the Gobi Desert and the corner shop is closed?
Your cell-mate has locked the cupboard?
Youve been kidnapped, locked in a closet with just your laptop?

Peace
UKMan

Keikan
10-26-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by UKMan+25 October 2003 - 18:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UKMan @ 25 October 2003 - 18:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@26 October 2003 - 01:48
Nooooooo

You live in the Gobi Desert and the corner shop is closed?
Your cell-mate has locked the cupboard?
Youve been kidnapped, locked in a closet with just your laptop?

Peace
UKMan [/b][/quote]
No.... god...

Reasons why i can&#39;t get smokes:

1. Underaged to buy from a store
2. All my friends are "clean"
3. My mom doesn&#39;t smoke

clocker
10-26-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@25 October 2003 - 18:11

No.... god...

Then I guess you&#39;ll just have to take up heroin.

bigboab
10-26-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by clocker+26 October 2003 - 01:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 26 October 2003 - 01:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@25 October 2003 - 18:11

No.... god...

Then I guess you&#39;ll just have to take up heroin. [/b][/quote]
If it was not for the money I would jack it in right now. Boss.

Keikan
10-26-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by clocker+25 October 2003 - 18:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 25 October 2003 - 18:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@25 October 2003 - 18:11

No.... god...

Hell no :P

Celerystalksme
10-26-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by clocker+26 October 2003 - 10:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 26 October 2003 - 10:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@25 October 2003 - 18:11

No.... god...

:o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gawd that was some quick wit...

namzuf9
10-26-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+26 October 2003 - 00:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 26 October 2003 - 00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-namzuf9@25 October 2003 - 14:10

and

Didn&#39;t see this before.

If we elimate cars to avoid their fumes, we will have to restructure our societies and learn a new way of life.

If we eliminate cigarettes, society will press on unaffected. As a society we need a drug to escape reality. Some choose pot, others alcohol, and others religion. As a society, I do not see the role of cigarettes as being essential in that way.

If you want to go back to a world of no-electricity, no cars and no mass production, feel free. I will acknowledge and gladly accept the trade-offs that burning fossil fuels bring. The goal is to find better, cleaner ways to satisfy our energy needs. But that&#39;s a subject unto itself.

Bottom line, I don&#39;t find the comparison appropriate. [/b][/quote]
I didn&#39;t realise that using an electric car or a LPG conversion on our motor cars would have such a huge impact on society as we know it&#33;

I also acknowledge the fact that by smoking I am potentially shortening my life span and accept the trade off.

I believe the comparison is appropriate in so much of the fact that petrol or diesel powered automobiles are not essential to our daily lives, they&#39;re are alternatives.
Smoking (common tobacco) is not essential to my every day life&#39; they&#39;re are alternatives (herbal cigarettes, dope)

Driving a petrol powered car makes life easier.
Smoking makes my life easier.

Are you a non smoker?

Edit: Typo

bigboab
10-26-2003, 02:12 AM
Nam If you had hung on another five hours it would have dawned on you anyway. :lol: :lol:

hobbes
10-26-2003, 02:26 AM
I am talking about society, not you. We would not have to rebuild cities and change our lives because cigarettes go away. Had you never smoked, you would have found a substitute for dealing with stress. Perhaps sucking on candy instead of smoking, as most people are not allowed to drink/ smoke pot at work. I get so frustrated by my assistants who become useless if we work through a smoke break, they become careless and dangerous.

We are in agreement that energy alternatives are desirable. Even if we changed to a non-polluting source, auto related deaths would not changed by a single life.

So you cannot initially post about deaths related to cars, then switch position to health effects related to emissions. Even if we consider emissions, the incidence of lung cancer is extremely low, except in smokers, that is.

So if we elimate the health risk related to emissions, which we could if the oil companies would stop controlling our politicians, it makes the comparison completely invalid.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to answer your question. I am a nonsmoker who watched his mother got through years of frustration trying to quit. Sometimes parental examples are more effective than parental rules. I observed her and never wanted to suffer as she did.

bigboab
10-26-2003, 02:40 AM
Do you people not realize it is nearly 2 in the morning in the UK. If you are going to have lengthy debates please keep it to one or two syllables.. Oh to hell I&#39;m away to change the time on all my clocks. :D

namzuf9
10-26-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@26 October 2003 - 02:26
I am talking about society, not you. We would not have to rebuild cities and change our lives because cigarettes go away. Had you never smoked, you would have found a substitute for dealing with stress. Perhaps sucking on candy instead of smoking, as most people are not allowed to drink/ smoke pot at work. I get so frustrated by my assistants who become useless if we work through a smoke break, they become careless and dangerous.

We are in agreement that energy alternatives are desirable. Even if we changed to a non-polluting source, auto related deaths would not changed by a single life.

So you cannot initially post about deaths related to cars, then switch position to health effects related to emissions. Even if we consider emissions, the incidence of lung cancer is extremely low, except in smokers, that is.

So if we elimate the health risk related to emissions, which we could if the oil companies would stop controlling our politicians, it makes the comparison completely invalid.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to answer your question. I am a nonsmoker who watched his mother got through years of frustration trying to quit. Sometimes parental examples are more effective than parental rules. I observed her and never wanted to suffer as she did.
To be honest with you I never thought of the pollution side of automobiles until I got to work (I work for a garage in london) and caught a lungful of exhaust cos the lazy arsed boy couldn&#39;t be bothered to put an extractor on the exhaust of the car he was revving the nuts off&#33;

I agree with what you are saying about how much we would have to change if we done away with cars. But consider this. I smoke. I smoke in pubs. If you are in the same pub as me and you don&#39;t like the smoke, you can leave that pub and my smoke behind.
You drive (hypothetically, I don&#39;t know if you do) You drive in wide open spaces. I cannot escape your pollution (and others like you). I am a non driver (or ex driver to be honest) Your pollution can give me cancer but you will not be attacked (verbally, no one wants to fight) for it.

Why pick on a smoker? (not you personally but a large percentage of non smokers have a problem with smokers)

Even if we consider emissions, the incidence of lung cancer is extremely low, except in smokers, that is.

But pollution causes about a fifth of all cancer (not necessarily lung cancer) related illness according to New Scientest.

A quote from on of the links I posted:

Its findings were summarised in New Scientist, which wrote: "Up to a fifth of all cancer deaths are caused by tiny particles of pollution, most of them from vehicle exhaust.

I&#39;m enjoying this mass debate. It&#39;s nice to have conflicting views with someone and not having anyone resort to petty insults.

hobbes
10-26-2003, 04:00 AM
Hey naz,

Your a good guy and I enjoy reading your posts. We all enjoy the forum for the exchange of ideas from from people all over the English speaking world.

I think your source is not only wrong, but way wrong. It is so hard to control the variables in such as situation.

No matter that, I think we have all had our say and each person can decide for himself, what they want to do.