PDA

View Full Version : Demonoid Ratio problems

anonymous0711
04-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Ok so i tried posting in the forums on demonoid but wasnt able to get my question answered and dont wanna get in trouble for PMing a mod cuz i honestly dont use it enough to know if thats against the rules or just a nuisance or whatnot...

ANYWAYS, i figured out that when i seed from a different connection from my laptop(so when my IP changes) that my stats do not update from uTorrent properly and their FAQ addresses this HOWEVER when my IP changes and i forget to logout and log back in when i seed not only does it not increase my upload credit but instead it counts toward my download credit. call me slow or whatever but it took me a while to realize that my download numbers were around 3-4 times as high as the total of what i've downloaded and when i continued to seed it would decrease my ratio
(*i didnt realize this was going to be a problem until it was pretty much too late b/c the sites i use frequently dont have this problem*)
So now instead of having a ratio of like 3-4 i have a ratio of .36 and my total upload credit is lower than what is reported for a single torrent i have downloaded from there... doesnt make sense
Total i have downloaded 1 cd pack which was around 1.3 GB and a couple other smaller mp3 cds/mixtapes so my total DL shouldnt be at more that maybe 5 GB and yet it is at over 17 GB and i have a single torrent that is reported by utorrent as having over 8GB uploaded and i seeded everything else to at least 1-1.5 minimum ratios for each individual torrent and yet my total upload is barely over 6...
I know it is low numbers but since i ended up deleting a couple of them after i was dont seeding b/c of low quality i only have 1 torrent left from demonoid left to seed and it is the one that i have uploaded the most on and is unfortunately responsible for my bad ratio(along with what seems to be a flawed system)

Any suggestions on fixing this w/o downloading a buncha other stuff to seed (my connection has been shaky in the last couple days im workin on fixin it)
who could i contact that might be able to help?
how would i contact them?
i guess does it even matter?

anyways thanks in advance to anyone that can help

pretend
04-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Don't bother about your Demonoid stats and don't think how it's calculated, it just doesn't matter and it won't be actual if you have different IPs.

Your Demonoid ratio reflects on nothing.

anonymous0711
04-01-2010, 12:01 PM
yeah i was kinda thinkin that but it makes me feel bad having a .36 ratio :(

pretend
04-01-2010, 12:26 PM
I have same problem but seriously who gives a damn :happy:
As long as you're seeding it's fine (not for upload amount but, say, your P2P karma), everyone knows how inaccurate Demonoid stats is.

X-Files
04-01-2010, 12:30 PM
demonoid dont have passkey system, so just keep a 0.00 ratio like me when i use seedbox :P

anonymous0711
04-01-2010, 12:32 PM
@pretend thanks i didnt realize this was a common problem i thought maybe it was just me but i guess its an inevitability so o well i dont use it much anyways and ur right the whole idea of p2p isnt having the biggest e-peen or ratio so i guess i shall continue to seed for the enjoyment of others

thanks guys

pretend
04-01-2010, 12:32 PM
HDBits, Demonoid is practically public tracker (peering is almost not restricted), seedboxing there might be not the best idea as some providers don't allow SB usage on public sites.

7th
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Yep, my ratio there is about 0.68 for more than a year already when it should be at least over 1.5 =/

I just seed there because of my consciousness :frusty:

mrnobody
04-01-2010, 01:27 PM
demonoid stat updater is messed up.

try stopping your torrent manually before you exit the client.

theGeek
04-01-2010, 03:03 PM
isnt demonoid ratioless tho? dont give much damn :D

anon
04-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Their FAQ has a few tips on how to ensure correct ratio updating.

But as it's already been said, you shouldn't really care about it, it's purely cosmetic and there's no punishment for having a low one.

anonymous0711
04-01-2010, 04:59 PM
yeah it was just wierd and yeah i read the FAQ and a threads about it but it didnt seem to answer the why the upload counted as download but yeah like all u guys said its just cosmetic so it doesnt matter and ima just let it go and have a crappy ratio on what is probably the easiest tracker for me to seed on lol
O well thanks all