PDA

View Full Version : March/April Trapdoor Release Schedule with Annotations

Beck38
04-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Yet another release listing, I'll try to keep it up as the nfo/nzb's are 'released' (all the Feb/Mar are complete):

MULHOLLAND DRIVE
MILLION DOLLAR BABY (2DISC)
MINORITY REPORT (2DISC)
CHILDREN OF MEN
25TH HOUR
GOSFORD PARK
PAN'S LABYRINTH (2DISC)
ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND (2DISC)
NORTH BY NORTHWEST (2DISC)
UNITED 93 (2DISC)
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN (2DISC)

AND YET MORE IN THE PIPELINE (MARK YOUR CALENDAR)!

THE COUNTDOWN COUNTINUES!
'AT THE MOVIES' TOP 10 OF THE DECADE FROM REVIEWERS
MICHAEL PHILLIPS, A.O. SCOTT, AND PEOPLES CHOICE:

* DENOTES DISC(S) ALREADY POSTED

PILLLIPS TOP 10

*10 MINORITY REPORT
*9 GOSFORD PARK
*8 MULLHOLAND DRIVE
*7 UNITED 93
6 ZODIAC
5 Y YU MAMA
4 ONCE
3 CLIMATES
2 RATATOUILLE
1 THERE WILL BE BLOOD

A.O. SCOTT TOP 10

*10 MILLION DOLLAR BABY
*9 25TH HOUR
*8 ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND
7 4 MONTHS 3 WEEKS
6 THE BEST OF YOUTH
5 WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE
4 THE PIANIST
3 BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
2 A.I.
1 WALL-E

PEOPLES CHOICE

*10 MULHOLLAND DRIVE
*9 CHILDREN OF MEN
*8 PAN'S LABYRINTH
*7 NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
6 THE DEPARTED
5 ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND
4 THERE WILL BE BLOOD
3 WALL-E
2 THE DARK KNIGHT
1 LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING

THESE TITLES PLUS OCCASIONAL ADDITIONAL RELEASES WILL
CONTINUE OVER THE NEXT 2-3 MONTHS, INCLUDING BOTH
SINGLE DISC AND 'SPECIAL EDITION'/MULTIPLE DISC SETS
(NOTE THAT DUPLICATES WILL BE POSTED IN THE FIRST ORDER,
ALL 10 DOWN TO 1)

RIP 'AT THE MOVIES' AUGUST 14, 2010

Released:

31 Mar // MULHOLLAND DRIVE
31 Mar // MILLION DOLLAR BABY (2DISC)
31 Mar // MINORITY REPORT (2DISC)
4 Apr // CHILDREN OF MEN
4 Apr // 25TH HOUR
4 Apr // GOSFORD PARK
5 Apr // ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND (2DISC)
7 Apr // PAN'S LABYRINTH (2DISC)
11 Apr // NORTH BY NORTHWEST (2DISC)
13 Apr // NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN (2DISC)
16 Apr // UNITED 93 (2DISC)
18 Apr // 4 MONTHS 3 WEEKS
21 Apr // THE DEPARTED
26 Apr // ZODIAC (3discs)
29 Apr // THE BEST OF YOUTH (2Discs)
--- End of April ---

ThatOne
04-27-2010, 02:33 AM
Hello, Just dl'ed M.Butterfly. Have the keyfile and assumed the name of the keyfile was the pw. Copy and pasted it as pw but that didn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong?

TIA

T.O.

Beck38
04-27-2010, 05:39 AM
Hello, Just dl'ed M.Butterfly. Have the keyfile and assumed the name of the keyfile was the pw. Copy and pasted it as pw but that didn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong?

If you have the keyfile, it's extremely obvious what the pw is.

I don't think you have the keyfile. What did you get, and where did you find it? Did you READ the keyfile?

This is an intelligence test of sorts. Once you figure it out, you'll have to stop yourself from hitting your head so hard you'll knock yourself out. :frusty:

ThatOne
04-27-2010, 03:11 PM

If you have the keyfile, it's extremely obvious what the pw is.

I don't think you have the keyfile. What did you get, and where did you find it? Did you READ the keyfile?

This is an intelligence test of sorts. Once you figure it out, you'll have to stop yourself from hitting your head so hard you'll knock yourself out. :frusty:

Obvious to one is obscure to another. I'm a Newzbin user and have been resorting to searching their site for NZB files. Thus I found M.Butterfly. DL'ed the NZB, and with that, all the files. Tried the name of the keyfile as pw with no luck. Skimmed the keyfile text for more info, but the exact procedure wasn't clear to me. I'll try again when I return home. Thanks for the reply.

Beck38
04-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Using Newzbin may be at the root of your problem(s). When I first tripped across these, it was by d/l'ing headers in a.b.dvd9, and I found out quickly that NONE of them were 'indexed' by Newzbin. If you got the nfo, then I'd be a bit leery of of newzbin, as it does state:

"KEYFILE CONTAINED IN ORIGINAL GENERATED/POSTED NZB (ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!)"

What I did find is that nzbMatrix DID. I'd suggest you go there if you can't figure it out (I checked, and this posting is listed there)

ThatOne
04-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Using Newzbin may be at the root of your problem(s). When I first tripped across these, it was by d/l'ing headers in a.b.dvd9, and I found out quickly that NONE of them were 'indexed' by Newzbin. If you got the nfo, then I'd be a bit leery of of newzbin, as it does state:

"KEYFILE CONTAINED IN ORIGINAL GENERATED/POSTED NZB (ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!)"

What I did find is that nzbMatrix DID. I'd suggest you go there if you can't figure it out (I checked, and this posting is listed there)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! For pointing me to a replacement to Newzbin! Found the real deal and now I have M. Butterfly!

Thanks again!

Beck38
04-27-2010, 11:30 PM
It was maybe over two years ago that I tripped into nzbmatrix, if I remember correctly it was in trying to 'run down' something that wasn't listed on newzbin, and I ran a google search and voila, nzbmatrix.

Since then, well before the current newzbin problems, nzbmatrix been my primary nzb source; I also use nzbclub and binsearch for 'raw' searches, but slowly moved newzbin off to a backup role.

BTW, run a tracert on nzbmatrix and you'll find they are located around Toronto, CA.

BTW, did you 'fugger out' your mistake?

chakara
04-28-2010, 05:26 PM
I don't understand what this list is.
Could you please explain ?

Beck38
04-28-2010, 08:34 PM
I don't understand what this list is.
Could you please explain ?

Unfortunately, the s/w running this board won't let me either post the full monthly listing, or delete this message. So, if you can't figure it out from the top/original message in this thread, you're out of luck.

Hypatia
04-29-2010, 12:52 AM
i downloaded several trapdoor releases long time ago so i might forgotten smth , i cant find last april titles at all could someone PM me and tell me at what i should look for

PS Nevermind, found them =))Cheers

Beck38
04-29-2010, 01:23 AM
Nzbmatrix used to list them with the "password" in the title (made it real easy to filter for them), but a couple months ago or so the guy listing them stopped doing that (around the time of the newzbin trial).

Okay, here is last months full listing (finally figured out how to attach it to this message), that is (along with the pw file) in every nzb; has all the info and might give anyone some information and such.

Hypatia
04-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Thank you. It will come in handy =)

PS Could you explain plz whats the point of releasing NFO'S AND NZB'S (WITH PASSWORD KEYFILE) after 45 days since actual date movies were uploaded to usenet? It doesnt make any sense to me, to be honest. Whe should we wait 50 days to be able to unrar them?

chakara
04-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Unfortunately, the s/w running this board won't let me either post the full monthly listing, or delete this message. So, if you can't figure it out from the top/original message in this thread, you're out of luck.

Well I think they're right !
I googled a bit ... why would anyone want to advertise such a way of sharing - but can it still be called that ?

Beck38
04-30-2010, 02:52 AM
Well, as you can see from post #11, I managed to figure out how to post the original listing as a file attachment...

I believe part of the reasoning (if not THE reason) is that automated nzb retrieval systems wouldn't vacuum them up, it almost takes a real human that d/l's headers, and does some basic thinking.

Certainly, the fact that newzbin never (well, at least I never tripped across any of these there) listed them is one thing. NzbMatrix didn't until a long time ago.

In short, only those folks doing usenet the old way tripped across them.
'Newbies' that relied on Newzbin and such were simply 'out of luck'!

chakara
04-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Isn't sharing the point of uploading binaries to usenet ?

Who's cares whether newbies or old timers get what you upload ?
They sound like private trackers jerks thinking they are some great filesharing masters.
How vain ...

Anyway thanks for the listings.