PDA

View Full Version : What.cd Account Disabled

qdo0obp
04-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Hi people,

having already read through a few of these threads I know that some of you aren't going to be at all pleased to see another one, especially as I signed up just to do this, but frankly there isn't much else I can do so apologies in advance.

Anyway, I managed to get a what account just a couple of days ago, I login today, hit up the freeleech and all's going well. A bit later when I go to have another browse around the site I find myself disabled and I assume it's for hitting up the freeleech very hard (which admittedly I have done).

However, in IRC I'm told that I am a cheater and will not be enabled and when I ask I'm also told that there is no way for me to argue this, so I just left immediately on reflection maybe not the best idea especially since I don't have a support e-mail address for them or anything.

Anyway a bit of googling brings up this forum as the one where others in my situation see to go so here I am. I hope that someone can at least give me more information on my alledged cheating, but ideally I'd rather have an actual discussion and my account back.

Or does anyone think I should just go back to the disabled channel and try to speak to someone else, or the same guy more? I do feel I might have walked out too soon, but if the guy already seems to have made up their mind, plus I've read that they can be "hard-arses" (although the interviewer I had was really nice).

Anyway, thanks for reading, I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give and apologies again to anyone who hates these threads.

anon
04-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Two in a row! :w00t:

The same I wrote here applies:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-whatcd-disabled-me-for-no-reason-post3424389/postcount2

You even show up in jderu's screenshot.

qdo0obp
04-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Ha.
That's kind've amusing. Yeah I watched him get glined, a large part of the reason I left there so quickly since I'd just wiki'd it and I really don't fancy it.
Ah well, I guess I just have to be patient then, thanks for the quick reply though Anon-sbi.

Slickerey
04-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Good luck with getting your account re-enabled. WhatMan solves most cases, and if you didn't cheat your ratio, you just might get your account re-enabled.

qdo0obp
04-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks Slickerey, I've got my fingers crossed.

LubTheStaringCat
04-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Being disabled at What.cd, Isn't the end of the world.
There's a lot of good music trackers out there, go look In the thread for open signups, I'm sure you'll find something tasty there.

TONiC
04-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Being disabled at What.cd, Isn't the end of the world.

Very true. Delete W.CD .torrent files from your client, change your IP, get an invite sent to a new email address and sign up with a different username.

anon
04-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Very true. Delete W.CD .torrent files from your client, change your IP, get an invite sent to a new email address and sign up with a different username.

So apart from telling him how to get back in before there's even a reply from their staff, you skip the steps that will actually prevent him from getting disabled again? :blink:

qdo0obp
04-02-2010, 04:48 PM

Thanks for trying to help (I think?) but that isn't really what I'm going for here. I mean first off, I'd like my account not a new one and since I would also quite like to be vindicated of being told that I'm a cheater I really don't think that cheating my way back in would be the right way to go about it.
If they decide to uphold their judgement then in a way that's fine, in that there will be F-all I can do about that, I'll be pissed but I'm also not then going to turn around and make them right.

So yeah, I'm going to just sit tight for a bit until someone sees this then if it doesn't get cleared up I guess I'll be taking LubTheStaringCat's advice and begin regularly trawling the open signups thread for trackers, though since What is 1.) fucking massive and 2.) generally stated to be the (current) king of music trackers I suspect it'll likely feel a little bit second place. Although on the other hand I really can't know that until I'm there :blink:.

Also I have the consolation that I wasn't there for any real amount of time and I had managed to get a lot of FLACy goodness onto my HDD already.

Also, I've been looking at Jderu's thread and I thought about posting loads of screens, but I don't really know how that helps and I didn't take any at the time so....
However, in the interests of completeness and due to something I saw there I'm going to state the only "weird" things I did yesterday whilst connected to What.
1.) Since my laptop spazzed out slightly the night before and had to be restarted, after which it appeared to be reporting some anomalous uploading (this is just according to a sidebar widget thingy, I have no idea if it qualifies as a good source) I downloaded an briefky ran a program called "wireshark" because some post in some thread on some forum (dunno, blame google) said it would inform me as to what programs are doing what, networky-wise. It did not. Or it may have done - it spewed fuck tons of numbers, quite a lot of which appeared to be colour coded. All of that means nothing to me so I stopped it.
2.) Now this is the main thing, as influenced by this post: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-whatcd-disabled-me-for-no-reason-post3424733/postcount33, that has brought about all this. A lot of the torrents went red, and whilst they where still working I don't like that so when ever utorrent lets me I tell it to update them and also stop and start them a lot. It normally seems to work, at least most of the time thye go green straight after. I do this all the time and I've never had any trouble before though so if I've been doing something really fucking stupid please let me know.

Apart from that: clueless, I browsed the net, I DL'd from other places, I played some music, I explored what. Those are the only things I can think of, one very unusual (at least for me) and the other affecting the tracker.

PS I also changed the utorrent advanced settings to allow more half open Tcp/ip things, but I can't actually remember if that was before or after.

TONiC
04-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I would also quite like to be vindicated of being told that I'm a cheater I really don't think that cheating my way back in would be the right way to go about it.

By all means, go to their IRC and plead your case. Just so you know, staff go by guilty until proven innocent - this is proven just by lurking in their IRC for 20 mins, or reading countless posts. In which case you now know what to do.

not then going to turn around and make them right.
There are many alternative to W.CD. But none of them will ever be W.CD.

WhatMan
04-02-2010, 06:26 PM
I think it's a bit unfair to say that we go by guilty until proven innocent, especially considering how we have over 100,000 users who haven't been disabled.

People aren't disabled until they're proven guilty already. So if they want to be re-enabled, they need to prove themselves innocent - or, at least, prove that they're honestly trying to redeem themselves.

In the cases of qdo0obp and jderu, they can come to the What.CD IRC and ask for me. However, one lie, and they'll be banned from the network. I don't have time to waste with liars.

qdo0obp
04-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Thank you, that's fine, however I'm just about to go out tonight so I'm going to have to make you wait a bit. I have no idea what country you're based in but I'm UK so I'll just drop in and have a look for you occaisionally from around midday GMT.

zedruslan
04-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Good evening to what.cd's staff What Man.
I was a member of what.cd (username: ruslanzpua) just for 2 hours from registration and than i've got banned:cry:
I registered at many others trackers and got good ratio and Power User status (Scene Legend on SCC) i never broken the trackers rules and very politely speak with staff.
I would like to say sorry for my situation that i was login from 2 IP and didnt inform you about my seedbox (coz it was my PC in my work office and cellphone) and say sorry all i did wrong that made you ban me on Your unique tracker. It will never happened again.:no:
Could you give me the second chance?:(

fairtrader
04-03-2010, 01:55 PM
^^Hop into their irc boy, there are high chances they will enable your account if what you say is correct.

ca_aok
04-03-2010, 02:53 PM
And of course, if the invite didn't come from a trade or something ;)

TONiC
04-03-2010, 03:30 PM
they need to prove themselves innocent - or, at least, prove that they're honestly trying to redeem themselves.
They get banned because your system fails to see things at face value - this is something any other site with scripts suffers from. Problem is that this leads to staff PRESUMING they are guilty, and treating them as such, without giving them a "fair trial". The system is one sided. If it's not that "screenshots prove nothing" it's "we have your logs, we seen false announces", without any budge. God help you if you're Romanian. You know what the most retarded of your scripts is? The one that monitors cached CSS data. You know the one, check's whether I've visited a site, such as SB-I. [B]Not if I've cheated, but if I visited a cheater's community. I think Anon can share his voice in this matter, ultimately SB-I found a way around it - NoScript and secure browser settings.

I put it to you to come onto "our" side for a change. Create a completely new account, completely seperate from your WhatMan account and get it banned. See what your staff are truly like.

anon
04-03-2010, 04:57 PM
God help you if you're Romanian. You know what the most retarded of your scripts is? The one that monitors cached CSS data. You know the one, check's whether I've visited a site, such as SB-I. Not if I've cheated, but if I visited a cheater's community. I think Anon can share his voice in this matter, ultimately SB-I found a way around it - NoScript and secure browser settings.

They started using it in March 2009 :fear:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7372/charttc.png

Cabalo
04-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Let me see if I got that graph straight.
They disable 3000 users per month, average?

Polarbear
04-03-2010, 07:42 PM

http://www.nerdcore.de/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/original.gif

Tv Controls you
04-03-2010, 09:46 PM

Yes that all.

That1Guy
04-03-2010, 09:55 PM

I'm assuming (or hoping) that number includes inactivity also.

zamazingo
04-04-2010, 05:43 PM

I'm assuming (or hoping) that number includes inactivity also.It does, iirc.

JoelP
04-04-2010, 06:29 PM
What.CD is not the only music tracker right?

anon
04-04-2010, 06:34 PM
No, it isn't.

qdo0obp
04-04-2010, 07:14 PM
What.CD is not the only music tracker right?

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/what-trackers-offer/music/
but what.cd has farrrr more torrents than even the 2nd best "stocked" tracker, although I don't know how acccurate those figures are, I'm pretty certain that there are almost twice as many members as that list states, but either way...

TONiC
04-04-2010, 07:27 PM
What happened to getting your account re-enabled then?

qdo0obp
04-04-2010, 08:08 PM
It didn't basically.
I went to the IRC earlier and spoke to WhatMan, he explained that he simply didn't believe me and since I've now spent far more time fretting over this and trying to sort it out then I even held an account for I just gave up, said my goodbye and left. The only thing I now regret is not hitting that freeleech harder. Actually I feel like a big of a mug in that regard since there were about 30 odd torrent files that I DL'd but hadn't even started yet since I didn't want to be seen as taking the piss.
Fuck it. I'm still about 10GB up that even if I felt the obligation to seed back (with I really don't anymore) I can't. Unfortunately that was also the music that I already had, but wanted in full quality >_< Should've started with the stuff that in the end I didn't get the chance have, but hindsight is always better.

PS, still not going to deceive back my way back :P

TONiC
04-04-2010, 09:46 PM

Give it time.:naughty:

Slickerey
04-04-2010, 09:55 PM

Give it time.:naughty:

Someone most have a lot of experience in that field. :lol:

Good luck getting back in. There are tons of threads and (from what I've seen) What's staff members can easily find users that make dupe accounts and ban them.

anon
04-04-2010, 10:02 PM
(from what I've seen) What's staff members can easily find users that make dupe accounts and ban them.

Not really. :shifty:

Slickerey
04-04-2010, 10:04 PM

Well, you have experience with not getting caught cheating, so I'm sure that you can give the OP a couple of words of advice. :naughty:

Tv Controls you
04-04-2010, 10:06 PM

Lol, you wouldn't happen to of had multiple accounts their?

anon
04-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Lol, you wouldn't happen to of had multiple accounts their?

Only three - is that much? :cry:

Tv Controls you
04-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Only three - is that much?

Dude that's good as hell.

You got me by 1 point.

Funkin'
04-04-2010, 10:42 PM
It didn't basically.
I went to the IRC earlier and spoke to WhatMan, he explained that he simply didn't believe me and since I've now spent far more time fretting over this and trying to sort it out then I even held an account for I just gave up, said my goodbye and left.

That's too bad. What is a nice tracker to be a member of, no doubt about that. But don't sweat it. There are tons of sites out there to get your music at. Just read up in the other What disabled threads and you'll find out what they are.

qdo0obp
04-04-2010, 11:00 PM
^yeah cheers man, I've found my way to the massive list of trackers so and I've been having a browse around here, interestingly enough quite a few people seem to recommend demonoid as a good source of flacs and also some DDL forums, so I think I'm already on my way.

anon
04-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Demonoid does have a bunch of FLACs, but good luck with speeds. The second-best thing to What.cd you'll find is Waffles.

Zoltar600
04-04-2010, 11:18 PM
rutracker.org has the best selection outside the what/waffles sphere

Slickerey
04-04-2010, 11:33 PM

Google Translate comes in handy if you ever think about visiting that site. ;)

Other excellent replacements are DDL forums, such as Warez-BB (which has an incredibly huge collection of lossless music), FLACshare, and a couple of others that I haven't heard of. Demonoid is a good source for FLAC music, but speeds are dreadfully slow, and since almost everyone is a hit-and-runner over there, finding seeders on albums you want is next to impossible.

Don't even think about requesting invites to sites like Pedro's or E unless you have friends on those sites.

cinephilia
04-05-2010, 12:10 AM
i second that.

qdo0obp
04-05-2010, 12:47 AM
^ I've just had a looksee on rutracker, and you're all right, there is one hell of a lot there. Thanks for that, I can see it getting becoming a staple for me. :D

zedruslan
04-06-2010, 07:55 AM
WhatMan coul you reply something please?:(

cinephilia
04-06-2010, 04:23 PM
he already did here: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-whatcd-disabled-me-for-no-reason-404038/page5

Slickerey
04-06-2010, 05:07 PM
WhatMan coul you reply something please?:(

Have you joined their disabled channel?

zedruslan
04-08-2010, 06:20 PM
yep...but no answer...they didnt say the reason..

Slickerey
04-08-2010, 06:45 PM
They don't answer when you're lying. Just admit that you did whatever you did and they might let you back in...

Tv Controls you
04-08-2010, 06:50 PM
yep...but no answer...they didnt say the reason..

Attempt to guess what the mod is trying to ban you for.. is the only advise I can give you.
Then act really sorry.

Cheating would be a good first guess.
If you have ever used an invite try trading.