PDA

View Full Version : Mirc Connection Problems

m12himself
10-25-2003, 04:22 AM
can anyone tell me why i get a message like connection closed: requirement speed is below 5 or something...i'm on 56k granted does mirc hate 56kers? also it doesn't close the connection right away. it might take anywhere from 10-20 min before it does and sometimes at about 2 mins. i see my connection rate go lower then 5kB/s many times before it closes finally...any help would be awesome.

BawA
10-25-2003, 12:34 PM
so iam not the only one with same problem
i have adsl and for 1st using mIRC ma d/l rate is 46 and after few min or some times hrs it just stops and with same error massege but it say requierd 2kbps and ma rate was 30 when d/l was puased

why?

help us plz

m12himself
10-25-2003, 05:21 PM
mirc is a great way to download stuff u can't get anywhere else it a good speed i've looked everywhere to find out about minimum speed requirements and how to tell what they are for a certain channel...can anyone give any info about this?

NikkiD
10-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Some users, not all, will set a minimum kb/s on their fserv - if your download drops below this minimum for a sustained amount of time, you will be disconnected - what drives me nuts with this is when people limit it, and then they can't supply you with the bandwidth and you get cut off - happens to me all the time. I won't have anything else going at all, and my download drops below 10kb/s or whatever their minimum is and I get cut off. I know for a fact, it isn't me, I'm on a 3mbit/s line... :rolleyes:

BawA
10-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Its BS, notting is complete every thing has some thing wrong
i thought mIRC is without any problems but i was wrong

how we can put our pc on thinking that our d/l is going on

NikkiD
10-25-2003, 08:44 PM
It all depends on who you are downloading from. Some servers put a minimum, others do not - my own fserv, I don't care, but other people do. If you look at it this way - most people have a limited queue set up, and limited number of simultaneous uploads. When they get a really slow connection, it ties up one of these slots for a long time, and hangs up the queue as well. In cases like this, I tend to add another send slot for a while until the slow connection is done. Others put the minimum bandwidth requirement in place for this reason. Mirc is still a great way to get/send files, you just have to check people's server messages - if they have a minimum, they'll most likely have that advertised.

NotoriousBIC
10-25-2003, 10:15 PM
Some ISP's throttle the IRC ports when the packethandlers detect large usage of those.
That could explain why your speed slows down after a while...

m12himself
10-25-2003, 10:38 PM
where exactly can i find the server messages? is that the first stuff that comes up right after i connect?

stonecold1203
10-26-2003, 02:41 AM
Stay away from a fast channel.

Don't be pissed. Think about it. If you had high speed connection, and you went into a fast channel with super fast bots. Would you want 56Kers to hog up the limited que?

I sure as hell don't want that.

Try looking for a 56K channel on efnet

BawA
10-26-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by NikkiD@26 October 2003 - 00:44
It all depends on who you are downloading from. Some servers put a minimum, others do not - my own fserv, I don't care, but other people do. If you look at it this way - most people have a limited queue set up, and limited number of simultaneous uploads. When they get a really slow connection, it ties up one of these slots for a long time, and hangs up the queue as well. In cases like this, I tend to add another send slot for a while until the slow connection is done. Others put the minimum bandwidth requirement in place for this reason. Mirc is still a great way to get/send files, you just have to check people's server messages - if they have a minimum, they'll most likely have that advertised.
but i remember ma d/l speed was 41 and sudenlly it stoped, this ma main quis why its like that