PDA

View Full Version : Pick your favourite SeedBox providers

A
04-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Pick your favourite SeedBox provider

xohost
04-03-2010, 09:46 AM
There is also a list of other smaller seed box Providers here: www.seedboxlist.com if anybody is interested.

AlriyG600
04-03-2010, 11:09 AM
i think Seedplace , the best for me !

and i think you should include it to the list

A
04-03-2010, 01:12 PM
i think Seedplace , the best for me !

and i think you should include it to the list
The thread was started so that members can get a nice overview of good seedboxes that most of em like and make it easy for people who are looking to get a seedbox to get a good picture.atm all the seedbox providers listed above are top notch providers and have been in the game for quite some time.
Personally I havent heard about seedplace but if there are more people to vouch for seedplace say (+5).I will add it too.

unoriginal
04-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Seedplace bought an ad at the top of the page. It currently has 129 replies to it. I think that more than covers your +5 for them. Personally I think there are too many companies to make a short poll like this. You are leaving quite a few decent ones out.

lucaslee
04-04-2010, 06:37 AM
FH has a good speed:)

anova
04-04-2010, 10:42 AM
i use superseedbox. speed is ok and price is reasonable.

nikiiii
04-04-2010, 02:02 PM
seedbox4u should b there
they r new but doing great job
in all of these i trusted xirvik the most but lately they were having problems with their support

IdolEyes787
04-04-2010, 05:14 PM
When I fall to the level of having a favorite seedbox provider I would request that you kill me .
On second thought that won't be necessary because clearly at that point I already wouldn't have a life.

kik1737
04-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Xirvik is better than anyone i think :)

A
04-05-2010, 02:50 AM
When I fall to the level of having a favorite seedbox provider I would request that you kill me .
On second thought that won't be necessary because clearly at that point I already wouldn't have a life.
Is making meaningless and off topic comments your main objective in life? This thread is for new people and people who are looking for a good provider to make an informed decision without falling into scams etc. Seriously if you dont have anything constructive to say related to the topic,its better that you dont post.Just trolling is really lame

Thelen
04-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Not sure how helpful this thread is, clearly the providers with the most customers are going to get the most votes...

Of the lot though, Xirvik is probably the easiest for the average joe bloe idiot to use. Feral is a little more advanced and the Gbit is more useful for some, but the quota is a pain.

fastsh.it is also more advanced, and is probably the 'pro' version of Xirvik, again offering unlimited traffic etc.

There are a few other providers you have missed that are easily as big as some of them, I guess that is the 'others'..

Pikachu
04-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I must say that Xirvik is a Good One :), GetASeedbox Isnt Bad, CustomSeedbox is as Good [although they meesed up a little bit, but I dont blame them Thelen's a good guy and is trying hard to get back to original position] and last but not the least Feral [but they have limits].

Ofcourse theres nothing better than WhatBox and VarsBox but they are rare. :p

newfish
04-09-2010, 11:47 AM
for me server.lu is working awesome and the provider is bytesized-hosting.com, so you should check it out.i bet it can beat all other seedbox providers with speed and price...

PooBar
04-13-2010, 07:29 AM
I got a Dedi from an uploader at TL and its Fantastic, really it is, full OS ,100/100, FTP and all the other stuff that come's with boxes and very good pricing.
PM me if you want and will fill you in with more details if you want to know more ;-)

esc2010
04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
My favourite seedbox provider is OVH.

lionz123
05-01-2010, 01:16 AM
xirvik and s.box are best for me as i am using them from past few months and they are really good for my needs.

Neoworld
05-01-2010, 03:26 AM
s.box?

raj1402
05-02-2010, 09:37 AM
i got super seedbox and believe it or it

this is the best seedbox provider they got good technical support

im using it for a while and its really good!!!

cheers superseedbox

Regards
Raj1402

compact72
07-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Slikhost.com is best for me

Burnsy
07-19-2010, 07:35 PM
My favourite seedbox provider is OVH.

Have always used them for my dedi's.... although for a year or so I used Kimsufi and Server.lu who were fantastic in actual fact, although I did wait 4 days for them to build my server...

wolfseed
07-22-2010, 11:58 AM
feral hosting are great with great speed and support

seeder22
08-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Rapidpeer.com ive been happy with them

ledk
08-13-2010, 07:46 PM
FeralHosting really destroys Xirvik on both space, prices (seriously), speeds and setup time. I had mine setup in less than 30 minutes.

bigg2
08-23-2010, 12:21 PM
I have used the following, all because there cheep

http://www.xohost.co.uk
http://www.super-seed.me.uk
http://www.seedboxhosting.co.uk

xohost
08-23-2010, 12:40 PM
www.seedboxlist.com is a good site to use

need
08-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Xirvik - only one I've tried to be fair but I'm sticking with them because I like it that much

xohost
10-14-2010, 10:22 PM
I would say www.seedboxhosting.co.uk

Thelen
10-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Pfff, torrentflux-b4rt and 50GB for 10GBP? Forget it lol....

gbit69
11-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Feral by far. The newer Leaseweb boxes rock and are very nicely priced.

neo24
11-07-2010, 12:56 AM
seedmonster they are the best.......:D

arkiebrian
11-10-2010, 02:08 AM
been with seedbox.info for 3 years...great help and great price

Thelen
11-10-2010, 04:10 AM
I think you mean someone else, that site sells actual seeds >_>

Daniel_30
11-14-2010, 12:21 PM
i use superseedbox. speed is ok and price is reasonable.

Don't scum people please, the owner of Superseedbox "mac" is a biggest lier on earth, he's provide pieces of shit with shine called " unlimited speed & stable " so i bought dedicated server from 'em before and i got troubles in hdd plugin it's not stable it give me a wrong reading [ 0% space ] from hdd then i can't download anything with knowing i didn't filled a whole my remain hdd space, therefore contacted with support team and everyone give me lie say " no we don't have any mistakes - ok we do something about it " then all what i got is just restart, on the other hand i added mac on the E-mail on msn, and i acted with him as a person asking about the promotions, so I ask him about i've friend took a plan from yours and he's complain from hdd plugin is there any problems with yours servers ?, and he admit about a truth in this time by say " yes we had a problems on servers " so yes the superseedbox is a good and awesome !!

solaris
11-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Well, Do you mean the rutorrent Hard disk plugin, ?
If yes, even i was facing some similar problem with the quota space plugin, it was a plugin bug, nothing they could do about it,unless the owner knew how to code a entire new plugin, and unlimited speed is not a big deal, almost all seedbox providers provide unmetered speeds, and from their specs it seems they use netdirekt and server.lu
so the bandwidth must be unmetered.
If you have issues with hard disk plugin, either remove it or switch to utorrent or deluge or get windows loaded on it .

Daniel_30
11-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Well, Do you mean the rutorrent Hard disk plugin, ?
If yes, even i was facing some similar problem with the quota space plugin, it was a plugin bug, nothing they could do about it,unless the owner knew how to code a entire new plugin, and unlimited speed is not a big deal, almost all seedbox providers provide unmetered speeds, and from their specs it seems they use netdirekt and server.lu
so the bandwidth must be unmetered.
If you have issues with hard disk plugin, either remove it or switch to utorrent or deluge or get windows loaded on it .

How can i do that if the company just provide a webgui without root access and mac rejected any requests or solutions to resolve it, like fix it or change my plan or even refund the money because i faced this shit on the first day from activate my plan, anyway he wasn't be honest about that and threat me to terminate the server if i keep going to complain, so for that he deserve to be a decent f*ckin scummer .

SuperSeedbox
11-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Hello,
I just signed up to reply to your post.
First of all, SuperSeedbox is not run buy mac anymore.
About your claim, We offer unmanaged dedicated servers, meaning we dont setup it for our clients,
but recently we started doing it, and if we setup the server for you, you wont get root access .
About the harddisk plugin, i would say rtorrent is a piece of shit, we would have never used it but due to the users demand we have to unwillingly install it.
The hard disk plugin, was a custom made plugin for us, and it has some bugs in it and that was the reason it was giving errors in some of the setups.
But, however we couldnt fix the bug, as we didnt code the rutorrent plugin and we were waiting for novik (rutorrent' developer) to fix it and hence
we didnt have any option. But yes, if you would have requested we would have been happy to install utorrent or any other client for you.
But i guess, you didnt request it. And NO , we do not threat our customers of terminating their servers .. lol this is BS.

FYI We are not new into this business, we have been running seedboxes from more than 2 years, although started it legally in Jan 09.
Back then, there were only few companies offering seedboxes, to name seedhost.eu (OVH Dedicated server reseller) ,seedcafe, feralhosting ,torrentswift,superseebox
and we used to offer utorrent , though its webui had some less features, but it was atleast stable than rtorrent.
But then in late 2009, seedbox trend changed completely and users started to demand rtorrent+rutorrent, and we had to go on setting up our servers with rtorrent.
rutorrent is a nice webui, but wished it was support by some stable torrent client. :) There have been so many inventions in seedbox world, with things like
master gui, explorer, etc etc. Would congratulate the developers for it .

You wouldnt find much of our reviews on forums, as we do not advertise . Also dont boast about our company and configs or customers,
but if a day comes, when we would have to reveal our company stats, who knows may be we would be among the top seedbox providers :P

We have Google' hand over our shoulders and from thats were we get our customers and we would prefer it anytime over getting customers from some torrent forums.
For example, if you see the above users, who is flamming us , just because the hard disk torrent plugin didnt work .
Via search engines, you get much more quality customers.

And a message to the other seedbox providers, stop convincing and targeting people over forums, they are the first one to flame you if something goes wrong.
Go out to the search engines and target the whole seedbox community .:)

Just my Few cents :P

Warm Regards

Thelen
11-15-2010, 05:42 AM
Doesn't sound that good, it is never a good sign to threaten to terminate if you keep complaining about something core to the service.

We have the policy to terminate if there is a paypal dispute that isn't authorised, or if the user threatens staff, but outside of that the user always has a lot of latitude.

Thanks for the mention of master gui, we do indeed feel it to be a very important aspect of making seedbox usable. And, we have another groundbreaking idea like that on the horizon too ;)

Oh and RE the HDD plugin, we have our own that works properly, we will probably release it once the new gui system is complete. It handles everything, % bar, hover over telling quota information, and even disk load ;)

SuperSeedbox
11-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Doesn't sound that good, it is never a good sign to threaten to terminate if you keep complaining about something core to the service.

We have the policy to terminate if there is a paypal dispute that isn't authorised, or if the user threatens staff, but outside of that the user always has a lot of latitude.

Offcourse i know it thelen :) We do not threat our customers , if they complain about our service.
For Eg: Recently we had a customer who was being shifted to nine different seedboxes , as he was expecting 100 MB/s upload download from a shared Gbit seedbox. uffff
and just because he demanded seedbox shift over and over we did it for him, and eventually after the 9th shift he ended up taking a dedicated server :P
Nine shifts were like a hell lot of trouble, but still we had to do for the customer.

Thelen
11-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Yea that is always bad when customers think that is what they should be getting, it just makes it bad for everyone. They take your time, moving between server, and then when they leave because you can't deliver, they go somewhere else and do the same thing.

We've not had very many people like that, although only selling 100Mbit currently helps, but certainly we've had our share of moving people to other servers. Although, 9/10 times they actually have a valid point (the server they were on did indeed have higher load and needed to be balanced), so it isn't all bad :D

SuperSeedbox
11-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Yea that is always bad when customers think that is what they should be getting, it just makes it bad for everyone. They take your time, moving between server, and then when they leave because you can't deliver, they go somewhere else and do the same thing.

We've not had very many people like that, although only selling 100Mbit currently helps, but certainly we've had our share of moving people to other servers. Although, 9/10 times they actually have a valid point (the server they were on did indeed have higher load and needed to be balanced), so it isn't all bad :D

And Yeah, also now a days customers come up asking for Explorer plugin, meh now what do you expect us to tell them ..
I contacted Novik, to get a custom one coded for us, but he refused.
I've been looking around for coders who can do this, but most of them failed.
Anyways, i have a strong intention in my mind of making some GUI for seedboxes, and if we do it,
i would just release it to the whole seedbox community to use it and have equal competition for the providers :P

Daniel_30
11-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Hello,
I just signed up to reply to your post.
First of all, SuperSeedbox is not run buy mac anymore.
About your claim, We offer unmanaged dedicated servers, meaning we dont setup it for our clients,
but recently we started doing it, and if we setup the server for you, you wont get root access .
About the harddisk plugin, i would say rtorrent is a piece of shit, we would have never used it but due to the users demand we have to unwillingly install it.
The hard disk plugin, was a custom made plugin for us, and it has some bugs in it and that was the reason it was giving errors in some of the setups.
But, however we couldnt fix the bug, as we didnt code the rutorrent plugin and we were waiting for novik (rutorrent' developer) to fix it and hence
we didnt have any option. But yes, if you would have requested we would have been happy to install utorrent or any other client for you.
But i guess, you didnt request it. And NO , we do not threat our customers of terminating their servers .. lol this is BS.

FYI We are not new into this business, we have been running seedboxes from more than 2 years, although started it legally in Jan 09.
Back then, there were only few companies offering seedboxes, to name seedhost.eu (OVH Dedicated server reseller) ,seedcafe, feralhosting ,torrentswift,superseebox
and we used to offer utorrent , though its webui had some less features, but it was atleast stable than rtorrent.
But then in late 2009, seedbox trend changed completely and users started to demand rtorrent+rutorrent, and we had to go on setting up our servers with rtorrent.
rutorrent is a nice webui, but wished it was support by some stable torrent client. :) There have been so many inventions in seedbox world, with things like
master gui, explorer, etc etc. Would congratulate the developers for it .

You wouldnt find much of our reviews on forums, as we do not advertise . Also dont boast about our company and configs or customers,
but if a day comes, when we would have to reveal our company stats, who knows may be we would be among the top seedbox providers :P

We have Google' hand over our shoulders and from thats were we get our customers and we would prefer it anytime over getting customers from some torrent forums.
For example, if you see the above users, who is flamming us , just because the hard disk torrent plugin didnt work .
Via search engines, you get much more quality customers.

And a message to the other seedbox providers, stop convincing and targeting people over forums, they are the first one to flame you if something goes wrong.
Go out to the search engines and target the whole seedbox community .:)

Just my Few cents :P

Warm Regards

First of all i said before " mac " threat me not you, and i don't any reason to ain't say the truth, specially when you admit about exist bugs in yours hhd plugin, so why mac wasn't be honest about that from the beginning ?, he lied to me and keep restart my rutorrent with knowing this shit aren't enable to fix, anyway who the fuck are you to judge me now after mac took from me 90$ for a fake promotion with some of lies and rutorrent with buged plugin, go to your mother and ask her how can yo be a honest,
you can use anon's advise by use Google to see what kind of mans belong mac, T.I.com wrote about him same thing, Finally go to mac and ask him about this bloody shit before show up your self like angle .

SuperSeedbox
11-15-2010, 12:43 PM
ROFL, You are accusing mac of taking your 90$ ... ha ha ha. Not possible . You must have some misunderstandings.
Dude, please do me one favour, please tell me what fake promotion are you talking about
and next, send me email address, i shall help you out.
Also, if the rutorrent was bugged, why didnt you ask for utorrent.?
Anyways, when Mac was running it, we had utorrent and not rutorrent, as he dsnt setup it or even use it.
And i have seen him many times sponsoring and given out seedboxes for free.
So i doubt, you dealt with mac. But i'l help you out mate.
And if we cant sort it out, i'l ask him to refund you, may be send you 100$ instead of 90$.

Btw: I run it, but mac is still the owner.

Please PM, me with more info :)

Daniel_30
11-15-2010, 03:32 PM
ROFL, You are accusing mac of taking your 90$ ... ha ha ha. Not possible . You must have some misunderstandings.
Dude, please do me one favour, please tell me what fake promotion are you talking about
and next, send me email address, i shall help you out.
Also, if the rutorrent was bugged, why didnt you ask for utorrent.?
Anyways, when Mac was running it, we had utorrent and not rutorrent, as he dsnt setup it or even use it.
And i have seen him many times sponsoring and given out seedboxes for free.
So i doubt, you dealt with mac. But i'l help you out mate.
And if we cant sort it out, i'l ask him to refund you, may be send you 100$ instead of 90$.

Btw: I run it, but mac is still the owner.

Please PM, me with more info :)

LMAO, are you serious ! you talking about refund money now and you've doubt if i had deal with mac !!
you're funny xD, anyway I'm sure about what i'm talked about it, so don't make me a stupid and i had this shit plan from a months ago therefore doesn't matter to discuss in details or money now because everything is gone, all what i need from you to know is your boss is scummer and threat me in MSN not in yours support channel, so after that when i contacted him again and over again to give me solution then he just ignore me, beside that I don't care about your fuckin money because i can buy your a$$, all what i was ask from that moron is a good services without lies and force me to complete the whole month like jackass waiting this error to vanish, or if you still complain about it we'll terminate your server, calm down buddy, you can't actually see what i seen before because only on superseedbox the staff always on right and said the truth not customers .

Thelen
11-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Lots of tl;dr there, summary -> people being dodgy and lying.

As for explorer plugin yea a few people, maybe 10%, want it, the problem is if I/we coded it we wouldn't want to release it because of the value :D

Xirvik promised to release it anyway, but you can see he's gone back on that decision :D

solaris
11-16-2010, 04:40 AM
As for explorer plugin yea a few people, maybe 10%, want it, the problem is if I/we coded it we wouldn't want to release it because of the value :D

What is so valuable about this plugin .? :ermm: when we have winscp or ftp client to

explore files or its just another useless plugin made to create "hype" :naughty:

Thelen
11-16-2010, 06:23 AM
Buy a Xirvik slot and you'll see. It really is VERY useful for a lot of people. winscp can only do so much, and it requires a lot of work to set up. People are lazy and stupid, hence it is easier to make a plugin :)

Luthair
11-16-2010, 09:27 PM
I finally wanted to try a Xirvik box, but I signed up for the USA semi ded, I paid yesterday so now I guess I wait. Haven't gotten anything from Xirvik about getting a payment or anything. I have been with Savvy and Feral and I find both pretty decent, but I want something closer to my country.

PooBar
11-23-2010, 09:18 PM
I am going to say that the best Seedbox i have had, and still got, it is from Customseedbox.com
Had it almost 1year now and since first getting it too now the stability of ruT is great.Can have the Webui open all day
Very rarely get time out's and very rarely crashes.
I also have a Feral slice and the bloody thing time out's all the time,can not have the Webui open for hours on end and restarts at least once a week

verybadmax
11-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Best seedbox so far is from GETASEEDBOX.COM, good speed on torrents and ftp (at least to my area, eastern europe), responsive webui and unlimited bandwidth, 100Mbps
Some Unmetered Gbits are release, gonna take a shot of 1 week with one of those and I'll keep you noticed about it.

crazyk4952
11-28-2010, 01:54 AM
knowinservers seems pretty reasonable (If you want a VPS). I know they are relatively new, but I am surprised that no one else has posted about them :)

Thelen
11-28-2010, 06:48 AM
They don't really advertise much, mainly word of mouth and such. They use primarily netdirekt, so you can get a quite decent server and above average bandwidth, very useful for seedbox or anything else really (filesharing site for example).

PooBar
11-30-2010, 11:31 PM
In no particular order.

http://www.seedboxsolutions.com/whmcs/index.php

Great service,full Dedi with Root with Windows Server R2. 100/100 3TB Upload
No time out, running µTorrent ,that why :-p
Support in excellent

http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/index.php

Same as above but no Root. Very stable ruTorrent Webui,100/100 3TB Upload, very few time out's and other errors.
Support is also excellent.

https://www.feralhosting.com/heron/

Am using all three atm but the Feral slot was just a 3mth test out ,it's on isis and got the famous Feral 10gbit connection. It's fast seen 70MB/s down and 50MB/s up,but i dont look at it all day so there could be a even higher upload,but get lots of time out's and other errors.
Can run out RAM when downloading to fast and get A LOT of waste. Saw on torrent yesterday that was 1.5gig in size and waste was even higher. It's a pain when it does that as it takes you longer to turn into a seed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also trying a Super-Seed.me box that i thought was "Dedicated" (kinda thought it wasn;t) that is running Torrentflux-b4rt, god that so slow,just wanted to try it out,glad i didn't sign up for longer that a month
Support sucks after they have your money.
Will never use them again.

Have used many other Seedbox providers and all have been good except Super-Seed.me.

Thelen
12-01-2010, 08:22 AM
What is the 3TB thing listed?

There is no bandwidth limit for us, and I'm sure not sboxsolutions either. We use unmetered 100Mbit, not the 3/5/10 TB.

PooBar
12-01-2010, 11:22 AM
What is the 3TB thing listed?

There is no bandwidth limit for us, and I'm sure not sboxsolutions either. We use unmetered 100Mbit, not the 3/5/10 TB.

I always thought my box from you was 3TB upload ? This is what I have, Kimsufi .FI Dedicated Servers - C-05G
It was when i signed up, has it now gone to unlimited?,are you telling me it's not 3TB ?

The one from Seeddboxsoultions is 3TB,check their plans
I have had my box from you for almost twelve months and SBS before they had their site,their plans may have changed now.

Thelen
12-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Oh, yea, the dedicated c05g is, but you say "same as above but no root", but I think you do mean root?

Anyway, its dirt cheap so :D

PooBar
12-01-2010, 07:42 PM
I dont have Root acess ,just the Webui and FTP , and yeah..it's dirt cheap ,and a good performer

Thelen
12-02-2010, 03:40 AM
If you are paying for a dedicated you should, you prob just forgot them :D

PooBar
12-02-2010, 05:45 AM
If you are paying for a dedicated you should, you prob just forgot them :D

I have never had Root from you, just the Weui and FTP ;-)
I have Root from SBS

Thelen
12-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Ah maybe because you are paying for turnkey seedbox which is managed by us therefore can't give root or you'd steal our secrets (well not really, but ;) )

PooBar
12-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Ah maybe because you are paying for turnkey seedbox which is managed by us therefore can't give root or you'd steal our secrets (well not really, but ;) )

I dont have Turnkey either ,just the Weui and FTP.
I have had the box sine February 2010

Vorx
02-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Now, why isnt pulsed media on this list?

m7b
02-04-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.twftw.biz

twftw is good so far for a cheap price $10

ul: 1-3 mb

dl: 1-15 mb

vBooM
03-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Seedm8, by FAR the best provider

Bestfriend81
03-03-2011, 02:18 AM
please tell me how to buy on http://www.xirvik.com where is the order or pay button?

heiska
03-03-2011, 05:35 PM
please tell me how to buy on http://www.xirvik.com where is the order or pay button?

I drew a graphic manual for you:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2zfsrxj.png

Ideal3oy
03-10-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm with Xirvik box its fast cool, outstanding !