PDA

View Full Version : Waffles account disabled - help!

kman2kool
04-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Just disocvered that my account on Waffels has been terminated. I reckon it is because i haven't been using it in a while, but i would very much like to get back in.

I have no registered username at their Irc-channel and have found no other way of contacting them.

Please help!

snagit
04-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Connect to irc.p2p-network.net and then try to join #waffles.fm-help. If it says you need a registered nick to enter that channel, type in /nick *your Waffles username* and then:

/msg NickServ REGISTER password email

Example:

/msg NickServ REGISTER 123456 [email protected]

Now try to join the channel again.

Hope it helps. ;)

cinephilia
04-06-2010, 04:08 PM
type in /nick *your Waffles username*
without the * * of course.

/msg NickServ REGISTER 123456 [email protected] = your password
/msg nickserv register password email

anon
04-06-2010, 06:01 PM
ca_aok once made a nice post about registering your nick:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-anyone-else-have-waffles-login-issues-post3422912/postcount36

I think you aren't send a confirmation message, and thus the e-mail address doesn't have to be real.

ca_aok
04-06-2010, 06:06 PM
On most IRC networks it doesn't need to be real. Occasionally you'll find one that sends a confirmation email to the address, in which case you'll need to supply a real email. The old j3di network required you to do that... after wheelmods went down I don't use the place any longer, so no clue if that's still a requirement.

anon
04-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Oh, I see. I've only used IRC seriously once, and the server (I think Rizon) did send a confirmation e-mail, so I thought it was the rule. Thanks for the info.

ca_aok
04-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Obstinately it's so that an IRCop can send you a nickserv recovery to that email, but really it's just as easy for them to drop the nick so you can re-register. Most IRCd's don't allow regular users to use that recovery feature from nickserv, so it's sort of a moot point.

snagit
04-06-2010, 08:02 PM
I think that WhatNET does require you to have a real email. You register your nick and then it sends you a "cookie" to your email which you use to confirm your registration on the network.