PDA

View Full Version : Son Files Harassment Charges Against Mother for Facebook Posts

Darth Sushi
04-08-2010, 07:46 AM
http://media.bestofmicro.com/Facebook-Logo,T-Z-47735-1.jpgSon Files Harassment Charges Against Mother for Facebook Posts
04/07/10 3:45 pm | reporter: Pamela Smith (KATV)

" Arkadelphia - An Arkadelphia mother is charged with harassment for making entries on her son's Facebook page.

Denise New's 16 year old son filed charges against her last month and requested a no contact order after he claims she posted slanderous entries about him on the social networking site. New says she was just trying to monitor what he was posting.

(Denise New, Arkadelphia)
"You're within your legal rights to monitor your child and to have a conversation with your child on Facebook whether it's his account, or your account or whoever's account. It's crazy to me that we're even having this interview."

New remains in shock after her son slapped her with the charge of harassment. In a document from the Clark County prosecutor, he alleges she hacked his account, changed his password and posted things that involve slander about his personal life.

"I read things on his Facebook about how he had gone to Hot Springs one night and was driving 95 m.p.h. home because he was upset with a girl and it was his friend that called me and told me about all this that prompted me to even actually start really going through his Facebook to see what was going on."

Prosecutor Todd Turner won't comment on the specifics because of the son's age, but he did cite Arkansas' harassment law.

A person commits the offense if with purpose to harass, annoy or alarm another person without good cause, he engages in conduct or repeatedly commits acts that alarm or seriously annoy another person.

"Oh yeah, I'm going to fight it. If I have to go even higher up, I'm going to. I'm not gonna let this rest. I think this could be a precedent-setting moment for parents."

New's son lives with his grandmother who has custodial rights, but New maintains she'd had a great relationship with him despite their living arrangements.

Her next court date is May 12th. "

:source: Source: http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0410/723100.html

brilman
04-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Wonder where this will go?

killuminati96
04-08-2010, 08:20 PM
*facepalm*

bobbintb
04-08-2010, 08:51 PM
ground him from the computer. problem solved.

pentomato
04-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Well the grandmother has custodial rights, that tells you everything, about the kind of mom she was and is.

brilman
04-09-2010, 02:37 AM
I was thinking the same thing pentomato

Pikachu
04-09-2010, 12:00 PM
This makes me laugh, going to court for such petty reason? :p

heiska
04-09-2010, 09:04 PM
This makes me laugh, going to court for such petty reason? :p

Only in America.

brilman
04-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Only in America.

hey I represent that :w00t:

ya I know dumb but still funny

TheFoX
04-13-2010, 12:13 PM
I can't wait for the next headline...

...Embryo sues father for being a dork...

Mind you, I would imagine that some spotty Herbert will, one day, sue his, or her, parents for beiing born to the wrong parents.

hotstuff
04-18-2010, 10:46 AM
just another f-n punk ass who is proly just looking for attention, when he's lucky to have kids if he doesnt off himself he would do whatevr he could to protect that child from harm and not care about the consequences....now this is just my opinion hey did you think that maybe his mom does not have custody maybe had the child out of wedlock and at the time was to young to take care and maybe the grandmother was helping out or maybe due to the economy she cannot properly take care of him or maybe hes just some dick weed punk who was heading to the street ever think of that moron(n u no who u are)f-n enabler

newfish
04-18-2010, 11:07 AM
this is sad ..i mean common now...the kid is so funny