PDA

View Full Version : My first giveaway

mindlock
04-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Hi, guys and gals. My name is Mindlock. I'm new to the forum and tried to get an invite to CHDbits, but people have labeled me here as a "dirty trader" and so forth. To show you that I'm a good guy, that I believe in this site and giveaways, I have two TL invites and three IPtorrents invites to giveaway. All I ask for is proof of ratio on some sites for the TL invites. The IPtorrents invites I need no proof. Just post below your ratio proofs below or pm me for the TL invites. Just PM me your email addy for the IP invites. Thanks for letting me be a part of this great community. :)

IdolEyes787
04-08-2010, 01:02 PM
No one labeled you a "dirty trader" ( OK maybe polarbear) .The point that was attempted to be made is that you probably won't have much luck particpating the request section if you also participate in the trade one, simply because people can't be sure if the invites are actually going to be used by you or if they are totally wasting them and it will just be used as trade bait.
There is also of course the point that on most sites inviting a known trader will get you disabled.
Now if you want to listen to some advice that comes with spending too much time here :dry: then indiscriminate giveaways trying to prove you are a "good guy" probably aren't going to get you any closer to CHDbits either.
Just make an honest request showing any expertise involving HD that you have and include anything that you think is pertinent to that request( excluding private details of course) .
If no one fills the request but offers what they think is a good alternative then be gracious and maybe accept.It may not be CHDbits but it might turn out to be every bit as good ( for you at least)for all intents and purposes and then you won't have to waste a lot more time searching for something you might never find.

Now I hope you don't offense at this post as well because believe it or not I am only trying to help you ( both get into CHDbits and stay out of trouble).

mindlock
04-08-2010, 01:12 PM
No one labeled you a "dirty trader" ( OK maybe polarbear) .The point that was attempted to be made is that you probably won't have much luck particpating the request section if you also participate in the trade one, simply because people can't be sure if the invites are actually going to be used by you or if they are totally wasting them and it will just be used as trade bait.
There is also of course the point that on most sites inviting a known trader will get you disabled.
Now if you want to listen to some advice that comes with spending too much time here :dry: then indiscriminate giveaways trying to prove you are a "good guy" probably aren't going to get you any closer to CHDbits either.
Just make an honest request showing any expertise involving HD that you have and include anything that you think is pertinent to that request( excluding private details of course) .
If no one fills the request but offers what they think is a good alternative then be gracious and maybe accept.It may not be CHDbits but it might turn out to be every bit as good ( for you at least)for all intents and purposes and then you won't have to waste a lot more time searching for something you might never find.

Now I hope you don't offense at this post as well because believe it or not I am only trying to help you ( both get into CHDbits and stay out of trouble).

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Have found in the last half day that there's really good people here only trying to help. Cool.

Down to 1 TL invites and 2 IP invites.....

JoelP
04-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Dude, i did't get any invite.
Send it please?

anonymous0711
04-08-2010, 05:03 PM
hey i would advise making ppl post in the forum and pm you the most sensitive information (speedtests, profile links/screenshots etc)
many ppl applying for invites here have been banned/come from banned countries on certain trackers, trade/collect, etc and this is often pointed out if they post in the thread... so usually if they just pm you it is because they are trying to avoid this because they have done something wrong

remember inviting a member that has been banned can get you banned
just a word of advice good giveaway and GL with the rest of your invites may they go to good applicants lol

mindlock
04-08-2010, 05:39 PM
All three TL invites are gone now....thanks for the excellent applicants....two IPTorrents invites are left, though.....

Quarterquack
04-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Good luck, mindlock. If I were able to, I'd invite you to HDChina regardless of your giving attitude, although, I have to say, why give up on HDBits, if you have it?

As far as my understanding goes, members who are on both trackers usually upload both trackers' material interchangeably on either tracker. Perhaps it's on HDChina first, but it will get to HDB, eventually.

mindlock
04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Good luck, mindlock. If I were able to, I'd invite you to HDChina regardless of your giving attitude, although, I have to say, why give up on HDBits, if you have it?

As far as my understanding goes, members who are on both trackers usually upload both trackers' material interchangeably on either tracker. Perhaps it's on HDChina first, but it will get to HDB, eventually.

I'm not going to give up HDbits......;)

IdolEyes787
04-09-2010, 11:08 PM
No offense but you just gave all the TL invites to people who as well as probably already having dupe accounts there are just going to flip the accounts over in a trade as soon as possible.
I seriously hope you don't value your TL account because you are possibly good and truly fucked.

Btw I've also made a suggestion that anyone who is an active trader should have to say so when asking for anything in the request section or forfeit your privileges at FST.
This is not to say that traders can't ask just that they have to be upfront with their activity and the associated risk ( both in the account eventually going to someone other than you or the person giving the invite losing their invites at the tracker or worse) of being given one.

mindlock
04-09-2010, 11:29 PM
No offense but you just gave all the TL invites to people who as well as probably already having dupe accounts there are just going to flip the accounts over in a trade as soon as possible.
I seriously hope you don't value your TL account because you are possibly good and truly fucked.

Btw I've also made a suggestion that anyone who is an active trader should have to say so when asking for anything in the request section or forfeit your privileges at FST.
This is not to say that traders can't ask just that they have to be upfront with their activity and the associated risk ( both in the account eventually going to someone other than you or the person giving the invite losing their invites at the tracker or worse) of being given one.

Dude, this site is useless then.....it's all filled with greedy people....I'm outta here....

IdolEyes787
04-09-2010, 11:33 PM
What's crazy that there are less than honest people in the world and you should use good judgment when dealing with them?

And how is this site "useless" ? That you can't just put out your hand and expect to get what you want .FFS 24 hours ago you were praising it when you were apparently getting what you wanted.

BiGUPLOADER
04-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Mindlock Your Giveaway is Awesome and you work hard to integrate FST Community i was like you and if you some advice just ask me and don't care about people when they called a trader because you posted something in a Trade Section and you posted in a Wrong Section you did a mistake there is no problem for that you don't have to be Shamed so you should be proud no one is perfect in this world everyperson make errors and also because you're a good person with a meaning Good feelings so don't Worry i'll be always here to HELP You.

ca_aok
04-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Traders do not belong in here, end of story. You made your bed when you started treating accounts and invites as commodity, and now you should lie in it.

The fact that a trader has the audacity to believe that someone here wants to risk their account to invite them when any subsequent invites or the account itself could be traded away is just dumb. Accepting invites from a trader is also a major security risk since many sites will generally indiscriminately ban the invite tree of a trader when he gets caught.

You want something for free which you might then flip for a profit to yourself. And that's the message being conveyed by your other posts. Hence the hostility from various people.

BiGUPLOADER
04-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Trading Was Allowed Before Since 5 years and don't blame because he didn't know it but now its OK and don't need to throw in him all faults.

pone44
04-09-2010, 11:51 PM
I like the idea Idol. Same with members who were recently banned or disabled from a site and then come here to request a invite without mentioning that they already had a account and what happened to it. Should be included in the 1st post of their request.

IdolEyes787
04-09-2010, 11:53 PM
I think it's perfectly reasonable . Like I said this doesn't disqualify anyone from requesting it just puts all the facts out in the open.
Also this would only apply to anyone currently actively trading .

mindlock
04-10-2010, 12:08 AM
All I am saying is, I came to this site to give invites away and to receive some invites, mainly a few HD trackers that I haven't been able to get invites to. I mistakenly made a post in the "trade" section, not knowing the implications of that post. I truly had no idea that that was a mistake, something that is not "cool." I immediately said I made a mistake in that post. I then gave away three of my four invites to TL that I gained through a donation to three individuals here on this site. I looked at their BT Rep points, asked some tough questions, did the best I could as I'm a newbie to this whole kind of thing, invite forums. I then get informed that my TL account is in jeopardy because I may have given those three invites to "traders." I had no idea that I did that. I was just trying to be a good member, give away what I have, and now I might lose my TL account for nothing but lack of information and "greedy" people. That's why I made the comment, I'm outta of here, because I don't won't to be surrounded by people that are like this, f'ing greedy. I'll admit, I came to this site in the hope of obtaining some invites, but I also came here to share what I have. That's it. I hope to God I don't lose my TL account. I have 1TB buffer on my account there. I love TL. I just didn't want to waste three invites as my VIP was about to be up in two weeks. I tried to give those away to friends, but they're already on the site. Anyway, I'm not giving up yet on this "sinking" ship forum, not yet.

BiGUPLOADER
04-10-2010, 12:30 AM
All I am saying is, I came to this site to give invites away and to receive some invites, mainly a few HD trackers that I haven't been able to get invites to. I mistakenly made a post in the "trade" section, not knowing the implications of that post. I truly had no idea that that was a mistake, something that is not "cool." I immediately said I made a mistake in that post. I then gave away three of my four invites to TL that I gained through a donation to three individuals here on this site. I looked at their BT Rep points, asked some tough questions, did the best I could as I'm a newbie to this whole kind of thing, invite forums. I then get informed that my TL account is in jeopardy because I may have given those three invites to "traders." I had no idea that I did that. I was just trying to be a good member, give away what I have, and now I might lose my TL account for nothing but lack of information and "greedy" people. That's why I made the comment, I'm outta of here, because I don't won't to be surrounded by people that are like this, f'ing greedy. I'll admit, I came to this site in the hope of obtaining some invites, but I also came here to share what I have. That's it. I hope to God I don't lose my TL account. I have 1TB buffer on my account there. I love TL. I just didn't want to waste three invites as my VIP was about to be up in two weeks. I tried to give those away to friends, but they're already on the site. Anyway, I'm not giving up yet on this "sinking" ship forum, not yet.

Perfect SPitch Welcome to FST Minklock Good Luck For Your Future Trackers Invites.:D

pone44
04-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Lack of information :blink:? Your getting a pissy cause you didn't get what you want right away and forgot to read TL's rules about giving invites to strangers, did you ask FST staff for help in this giveaway or read these 2 threads?
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-90/t-how-to-do-a-proper-giveaway-390358
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-90/t-restoring-the-confidence-at-the-invites-section-377973 ?
You call the forum and it's members greedy, what do you expect?

I'm a newbie to this whole kind of thing, invite forums. I then get informed that my TL account is in jeopardy because I may have given those three invites to "traders." I had no idea that I did that. I was just trying to be a good member, give away what I have, and now I might lose my TL account for nothing but lack of information and "greedy" people. That's why I made the comment, I'm outta of here, because I don't won't to be surrounded by people that are like this, f'ing greedy. I'll admit, I came to this site in the hope of obtaining some invites, but I also came here to share what I have. That's it. I hope to God I don't lose my TL account. I have 1TB buffer on my account there. I love TL. I just didn't want to waste three invites as my VIP was about to be up in two weeks. I tried to give those away to friends, but they're already on the site. Anyway, I'm not giving up yet on this "sinking" ship forum, not yet.

mindlock
04-10-2010, 02:31 AM
Lack of information :blink:? Your getting a pissy cause you didn't get what you want right away and forgot to read TL's rules about giving invites to strangers, did you ask FST staff for help in this giveaway or read these 2 threads?
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-90/t-how-to-do-a-proper-giveaway-390358
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-90/t-restoring-the-confidence-at-the-invites-section-377973 ?

I'm a newbie to this whole kind of thing, invite forums. I then get informed that my TL account is in jeopardy because I may have given those three invites to "traders." I had no idea that I did that. I was just trying to be a good member, give away what I have, and now I might lose my TL account for nothing but lack of information and "greedy" people. That's why I made the comment, I'm outta of here, because I don't won't to be surrounded by people that are like this, f'ing greedy. I'll admit, I came to this site in the hope of obtaining some invites, but I also came here to share what I have. That's it. I hope to God I don't lose my TL account. I have 1TB buffer on my account there. I love TL. I just didn't want to waste three invites as my VIP was about to be up in two weeks. I tried to give those away to friends, but they're already on the site. Anyway, I'm not giving up yet on this "sinking" ship forum, not yet.

Yeah, I totally understand......it's like buying a car, you have to read all the fine print, do all the research......it's a forum.....:blink:

wltan
04-10-2010, 02:37 AM
thank you midlock for giving me an TL invite

killour
04-10-2010, 02:37 AM

Yeah, I totally understand......it's like buying a car, you have to read all the fine print, do all the research......it's a forum.....:blink:

Everyone learns from mistakes !

BiGUPLOADER
04-10-2010, 11:58 AM
You're Right Killour.

puckface
04-10-2010, 02:21 PM

So kinda like having a label like a scarlet letter or armband?

IdolEyes787
04-10-2010, 04:24 PM
More like a tattoo so we can keep the Nazi symbolism right.

puckface
04-10-2010, 05:56 PM
More like a tattoo so we can keep the Nazi symbolism right.

Notice I avoided the direct reference to Nazis. I don't play with Nazism.

Tv Controls you
04-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Rule #4: (Godwin's Rule) Any off-topic mention of Hitler or Nazis will cause
the thread it is mentioned in to an irrelevant and off-topic end very soon

IdolEyes787
04-10-2010, 06:27 PM
That sounds like something a Nazi would say.

Tv Controls you
04-10-2010, 06:30 PM

This sounds like something a Canadian would say.

cinephilia
04-10-2010, 06:33 PM

This sounds like something a Canadian would say.
that sounds like something Whatman would say.

Tv Controls you
04-10-2010, 06:34 PM
that sounds like something Whatman would say.

You have taken it to far lol.

bpchia
04-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks Mindlock for AceHD, rep point added.