PDA

View Full Version : Problems with speed on Windows 7/64bit

Scogar
04-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before, I tried searching but couldn't find anything relevant.

Anyway, I've signed up for newshosting's NH Titan package (6 connections, max speed 1.5mb)

I've narrowed the problem down to Windows 7 or 64bit or both. I used newshosting about a year ago on the same connection with Vista 32 bit. I've tried it on a friends cable connection (I'm on ADSL, both 20mb)and still no luck, can't get a speed over 400k.

I can download torrents at over 1mb/s on both connections.

I've tried Grabit, Newsbin Pro 32 and 64, and Newsleecher and same problem with all.

Newshosting.com are no help at all, did both tracert and reverse tracert, all fine apparently.

So I'm cracking up, I hope somebody can help me :wacko:

Thanks in advance.

whiteboy
04-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Seems to be more a problem with their server then windows 7. Not really sure how windows 7 could be the issue. A year ago on the same connection with vista means nothing. Maybe they are having issues.

Actually after looking on their site I think their is no problem. The plan you listed shows a max speed of 3mbps. Which is a download speed of about 375kb/s.

The question is why did you pay $13 ($15 for SSL) for a service with capped speeds when astraweb is $11 for unlimited??

Your connection is 20mbps but you got a 3mbps usenet account.

TheReaper
04-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Well im with news demon and they give you a News Reader free, and that seems to work pretty well and fast :)
Try switching providers?

whiteboy
04-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Best deal out there
http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/kleverig-11.html