PDA

View Full Version : Previews Are Movie Killers....

system_failure
10-26-2003, 02:20 AM
I hate it when you see a trailer and it shows all the best clips...EG: American Pie3

All the best clips were shown in the trailer

you are watching the movie waiting for the clip, or you see the trailer and you know the clip is coming up.. EG: T3...arnold says "It doesn't matter I am a machine"

Not the exact quote but you get the idea...anyone else have an example or notice this???!!

Whew, that felt good!!

vash444
10-26-2003, 02:31 AM
Yeah, and it seems all the movies lately are doing that...

Negotiator_195
10-26-2003, 02:34 AM
The worse one was still the Two Towers one, where at the very end of the trailer they show Gandalf. It's like, yeah, we know anyone who read the books would know anyway, but what about someone like me who hasn't? It would have added something interesting to an overall boring movie...

colt45joe
10-26-2003, 05:13 AM
the first time i saw the scary movie 3 trailer i was like cool, this movies gonna be funny, then i saw the commercials a lot, then i saw the movie, and it sucked cuz every joke just about was in the commercials. thats to bad.

3RA1N1AC
10-26-2003, 06:56 AM
are you kidding? a lot of times, i watch trailers and still have no frickin idea what the movie is supposed to be about because they don't choose clips that really represent the story.

and the music for so many different movies is usually that john williams-style pump-up music-- the heartpounding orchestra music that tries to make the movie look really exciting, even though the music isn't even used in the movie at all. even the least action-oriented movies have that music in the trailers, which totally misrepresents what kind of movie it actually is.

Mr. Blunt
10-26-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by colt45joe@25 October 2003 - 22:13
the first time i saw the scary movie 3 trailer i was like cool, this movies gonna be funny, then i saw the commercials a lot, then i saw the movie, and it sucked cuz every joke just about was in the commercials. thats to bad.
Are you serious? I just got back from that movie, and i seen the previews. They only show at least three scenes in the trailers. Are you telling me those three scenes make up the whole movie?

There's only like two parts of the movie were you can say "oh yeah, i seen that in the commericals". Don't don't even show one part in the movie that is in the commerical.

Jay
10-26-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Blunt@26 October 2003 - 08:33
"oh yeah, i seen that in the commericals". Don't don't even show one part in the movie that is in the commerical.
i was thinking why they didnt show that eddy griffin scene where he was trying to be like morpheus in the movie

Keikan
10-26-2003, 09:02 AM
Usally if this occurs then the movie is really dry.

Turd Ferguson
10-26-2003, 02:37 PM
It happens mostly with crap comedies. They'll show all the funny bits in the trailers, while the rest of the movie just plain sucks.

I don't find find it quite so bad in the other genres, although I wish that the trailer for the Sum of All Fears did not show the bomb go off. If that bit had been unexpected then it would have made the movie so much better.

Mr. Blunt
10-26-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Jay+26 October 2003 - 01:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jay @ 26 October 2003 - 01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr. Blunt@26 October 2003 - 08:33
"oh yeah, i seen that in the commericals". Don&#39;t don&#39;t even show one part in the movie that is in the commerical.
i was thinking why they didnt show that eddy griffin scene where he was trying to be like morpheus in the movie [/b][/quote]
Oh I know. I was wondering the same thing. I thought maybe they would show it at the end of the credits. We didn&#39;t stay that long though to see if this was true.