PDA

View Full Version : Need help removing USB Lock Standard.

graywolf
04-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Umm.. I'm a student at my final year. My school computers has been locked using USB Lock Standard. Last time, I cracked rheir administrator's password using Keylogger, but this time, i can't as even downloading keylogger from net doesn't help as the anti virus uninstalls it in one go. And I don't want my teachers to get suspicious. I hope you can help me removing the lock, and I'm not doing any illegal work in the computer, I just sometimes need to access my files in the school's computer privately, which is not possible as I'd have to give loads of explanations to the teachers for it. Hope you can help.

darkstate01
04-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Right you say you are not doing anything illegal but you cracked the admin pass using a keylogger, thats the funniest thing i've heard a hacker say in a while, Anyway graywolf the master hacker I can sort of help, Hope you are happy running registry hacks as thats the only way i know you can accomplish the thing you are after. And yes this works live without a reboot..well does here anyway on my pc.
To disable write to usb(which is what you have now) open a txt file call it DisableWriteToUsb.reg then copy this code into it
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies] "WriteProtect"=dword:00000001
to enable writing to a usb(which you are requesting) same as above but call the file EnableWriteToUsb.reg then copy this text into it
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies] "WriteProtect"=dword:00000000 If it breaks the pc don't come crying because you play with the registry at your peril. Just make sure you disable the usb when you have used your enable/disable registry hacks. enjoy

graywolf
04-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Hmm.. didn't work in 7.. will try this in XP.

darkstate01
04-10-2010, 10:00 AM
I have only tried and tested this in XP and it works just fine

graywolf
04-11-2010, 12:03 PM
ok.. thanks.. I'll then try it straightly there..

Thanks for the help.. :)

Expeto
04-13-2010, 03:56 PM
if you really don't wanna do anything illegal why don't you just usb boot the computer?
I guess you are way too 1337 for a workaround when you can do h4rŠ(0r3 (r4(k1ng?