PDA

View Full Version : rutracker (ex torrents.ru) news - new non ratio suicidal system

kukushka
04-10-2010, 10:55 AM
so after some long thoughts while smoking weed, rutracker admins decided to gave up with their war with cheaters and daily new accounts registering "exploit" and changed their ratio system. now it's basically don't require you to give anything back, don't promote high speed seeding, releasing etc... first three torrents per day are "free", then you have to seed some amount of torrents to be able to leech more. size or speed of what you seed don't matter at all. partial seeding with current system brings only penalties for the new "time bonus" system.
there's a lot of protests with cutting upload speeds to 10/1 kb/s and such going on right now but staff don't have no enthusiasm to change their system to promote back uploading.. we'll see how it will turn out, "fat" torrents will suffer the first...

cinephilia
04-10-2010, 11:04 AM
i can just hope that members will keep seeding the rare and exclusive torrents (vinyls rips/albums/discographies).

xXHD-LoverXx
04-10-2010, 11:18 AM
I don't really understand, so is the site basically freeleech now? Could you explain a little more. Thanks mate. :)

aen
04-10-2010, 12:14 PM
You can leech 3 torrents per day for free.

If ya need to leech more you gota pay 5 TimeBonus points per 1 torrent.

1 TimeBonus (TB) = 3 hours of seeding torrent

The amount of download torrents is limited to 100 per day...(it's the maximum 3 of them for three, 5*97 TimeBonuses)...

so yeah it's "ratio free" now until they will not think wtf they just did.
crazy stuff :D

philau
04-10-2010, 12:20 PM
well, I think it is a good move. You still need to seed to get TimeBonus.

xXHD-LoverXx
04-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Where can you find out how much time bonus you have?

pretend
04-10-2010, 12:28 PM
On your profile page.

cinephilia
04-10-2010, 01:27 PM
On your profile page.
this?

http://i42.tinypic.com/1htez8.png

aen
04-10-2010, 01:39 PM
exactly

cinephilia
04-10-2010, 01:46 PM
ok, thanks.

ps: i guess 659 bonus points is a shame, isn't it? :unsure:

Lab
04-10-2010, 01:51 PM
So, topicstarter thinks, that GFT, PTM, FTN is BS seeded trackers ?

aen
04-10-2010, 02:01 PM
ok, thanks.

ps: i guess 659 bonus points is a shame, isn't it? :unsure:

Well you can leech 132 torrents atm...not sure about shame

but i'm sure that it's much better to ask users before geting such ideas in life :yup:

cinephilia
04-10-2010, 02:04 PM
i asked cause i have no clue about how bonus points are awarded.

kukushka
04-10-2010, 02:09 PM
So, topicstarter thinks, that GFT, PTM, FTN is BS seeded trackers ?
topicstarter thinks that when tracker has a lot of members, some shit will be kept on it pretty much automatically, but when there's no proper motivation for the average user to seed, hdbits would became bit-hdtv and what.cd - coexist :D

anon
04-10-2010, 04:22 PM
so after some long thoughts while smoking weed, rutracker admins decided to gave up with their war with cheaters and daily new accounts registering "exploit" and changed their ratio system.

They had to deal with cheaters every day? It's one of the easiest trackers to seed on... :dry:

kukushka
04-10-2010, 04:34 PM
so after some long thoughts while smoking weed, rutracker admins decided to gave up with their war with cheaters and daily new accounts registering "exploit" and changed their ratio system.

They had to deal with cheaters every day? It's one of the easiest trackers to seed on... :dry:
yeah, not mentioning that with dht & pex they had almost legal ghost leeching possibility, they still banned about hundred (at least that's what i saw in published lists) cheaters daily. and i personally know the guy who registered every day a new account to leech it away and never seed back.. one of the typical sides of russian mentality - hit'n'run and don't care about anything else. sure, there are other types of persons, but now admins just showed to them that their efforts are not appreciated

aen
04-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Well looks like new awesome Bonus Points system gota work much better than a good automatic anticheater system :P Hey, green, you're purple! yeah man, where is the logic?

b3owulf
04-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Great, now I will download shitload of 1 MB torrents, seed them for 3 hours, aquire LOADS of points and stop all RuTracker torrents for a few months :D

Amazing system! It's sooo much complicated to cheat on it :lol:

googleme
09-16-2010, 12:39 PM
guys, how can i raise the limit of downloading torrent per day? I got about 3000+ TB, but still limited

Вы уже исчерпали суточный лимит скачиваний торрент-файлов

Ваш текущий лимит: 10 в день

You have already exhausted the daily limit of downloads torrent files

Your current limit: 10 per day

Quarterquack
09-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Your limit is 3 per day. However, you can snatch upto 7 bonus torrents daily using timebonus points. That makes for a total of 10. That's a hard-cap limit that cannot be avoided. There are ways around it, like a better ratio, but I really doubt you need to download 10 torrents daily for the forseeable future and still think you're being cut short of what you want.

googleme
09-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Your limit is 3 per day. However, you can snatch upto 7 bonus torrents daily using timebonus points. That makes for a total of 10. That's a hard-cap limit that cannot be avoided. There are ways around it, like a better ratio, but I really doubt you need to download 10 torrents daily for the forseeable future and still think you're being cut short of what you want.

Thank bro, I will try to improve my ratio. I just find from its FAQ.

rating depends on the size of the number of allowed concurrent downloads!

* Rating 1 or higher - 100 torrents a day Rating 1 or higher - 100 torrents a day
*> Or = 0.5 to 1 - 50 torrents per day> Or = 0.5 to 1 - 50 torrents per day
* From 0.3 to 0.5 - 10 torrents per day from 0.3 to 0.5 - 10 torrents per day
* <0.3 - up to 10 torrents a day, depending on the number taymbonusov: <0.3 - up to 10 torrents a day, depending on the number taymbonusov:
o - in the absence taymbonusov can download no more than 3 torrents per day - In the absence taymbonusov can not download more than 3 torrents per day
o - if taymbonusov - for each subsequent torrent in excess of 3 write off 10 taymbonusov. - If taymbonusov - for each subsequent torrent in excess of three write off 1910 taymbonusov.
* Total downloads "at least 5 GB - up to 10 torrents a day, depending on the number taymbonusov:" Total downloads "at least 5 GB - up to 10 torrents a day, depending on the number taymbonusov:
o - in the absence taymbonusov can download no more than 3 torrents per day - In the absence taymbonusov can not download more than 3 torrents per day
o - if taymbonusov - for each subsequent torrent in excess of 3 write off 10 taymbonusov. - If taymbonusov - for each subsequent torrent in excess of three write off 10 taymbonusov.

anon
09-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Hey, thanks, you two. I was aware you needed to spend time bonuses (I refuse to abbreviate that as "TBs" to avoid confusion :lol:) to download more than three torrents per day, but didn't know there was another daily limit determined by your global ratio. :)

Funkin'
09-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Wow. I never knew a daily download limit even ever existed.

ose
09-16-2010, 05:55 PM
me too, 3 torrents a day, who downloads that much anyway :D

kukushka
09-16-2010, 06:55 PM
long story short
seeding each torrent - 1 timebonus per 3 hour
downloading each .torrent = -10 timebonuses
while global ratio is >=1 daily limit .torrent limit as already known = 100

elbuitre
09-16-2010, 08:44 PM
i can just hope that members will keep seeding the rare and exclusive torrents (vinyls rips/albums/discographies).YES! they also have an impressive collection of music documentaries, I better start downloading anything and everything mildly interesting before they're gone. My 1 TB can't get here soon enough.