PDA

View Full Version : Boost your ratio in BitmeTV!!!

X-Files
04-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Grab this faster !!

Prison.Break.Complete.720p.BluRay.x264

Size 156.47 GB (168,005,708,553 bytes)

:fst: :fst: :fst: :fst: :fst: :fst: :fst: :fst:

cinephilia
04-10-2010, 07:15 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-ratio-boosting-torrents-342621/

Glitterstep
04-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Are you the uploader for this torrent??

X-Files
04-10-2010, 07:24 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-ratio-boosting-torrents-342621/

opss.. closed topic :p

IdolEyes787
04-10-2010, 07:24 PM
No offense but that is likely to hurt your ratio more than help it.:ermm:
Especially with only 15 leechers and out of that I wonder how many partial seeders?:unsure:

Suggest you join TVT maybe.:dry:

Also interesting how the majority of people "thanking" the uploader aren't even listed as leechers.
What a joke.

ca_aok
04-10-2010, 07:57 PM
I dunno, grabbing season packs is definitely solid, though they often have fewer initial leechers. I've uploaded 60-100GB on a 5GB XviD season pack before, but you'll have to keep it seeding for quite a while.

kukushka
04-10-2010, 08:12 PM
actually, thanks for the tip. i'm doing partial and it will be a win.

Quarterquack
04-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Can someone explain to me what purpose this torrent serves? BMTV is a great repository, I love the place. I use it to grab seasons/shows that other TV sites haven't even as much as heard of and BMTV has a complete pack. However, for something as popular as prison break why should someone come advertise it here? Why would someone grab it from there?

Am I the only one that uses BMTV for obscure shows, and get my mainstream stuff from no ratio trackers?

That1Guy
04-10-2010, 08:42 PM
I wouldnt use that torrent to build ratio. I grabbed just the first episode and have uploaded 192 kB in like an hour. If you have a buffer and are willing to seed a while then it could work. But that torrent definitely isnt a ratio builder for your average member. (unless you partial seed a tiny bit).

Edit: Finally got a leecher so Im sure I will come out ahead but still, Dont go grabbing this whole thing cus it may get your ass banned. (unless you have the buffer or a really fast line and like to live on the edge :P )

IdolEyes787
04-10-2010, 08:45 PM

See there's the reason I hate that kind of shit.Although your ratio will no doubt have the greatest possible gain not much help for anyone interested in the whole fucking pack is it ?

And contrary to what everyone says 70% of people downloading packs ( as evidenced here)anyplace do it simply for the ratio boost.A fucking stupid way to run trackers if you ask me living in a convenient little fantasy world of artificial upload/download traffic .
If people weren't apparently patently brain-dead or weren't so worried about their stupid fucking elite trackers they would stop such pointless practices .

PS like anyone really cares about the fucking second or third season of HeroesPrison Break anyway.:frusty:
PPS if you do then ignore everything I just said because you are a fucking total loss anyway.

PPPS next person who says partial seed gets bit right in the kisser.
Fucking wankers.

kukushka
04-10-2010, 08:54 PM

See there's the reason I hate that kind of shit.Although your ratio will no doubt have the greatest possible gain not much help for anyone interested in the whole fucking pack is it ?

sure, no real help at all :)
and your hate could easily be redirected to the whole ratio system that is screwed one way or the other at ~ 100% of trackers

IdolEyes787
04-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't hate anything,I just find if you talk really loud it helps prove your point.

I'll get right on fixing the whole ratio process on every tracker now because I'm sure they care.

kukushka
04-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Can someone explain to me what purpose this torrent serves? BMTV is a great repository, I love the place. I use it to grab seasons/shows that other TV sites haven't even as much as heard of and BMTV has a complete pack. However, for something as popular as prison break why should someone come advertise it here? Why would someone grab it from there?

Am I the only one that uses BMTV for obscure shows, and get my mainstream stuff from no ratio trackers?
can't say that bmtv is great.. it's decent, maybe... csi on blu-ray? hdbits
dexter? got it from hq-films. wire full seasons untouched? bithq. internal rips of wire? released at sdbits initially.... and so on.

about popular stuff - hard to believe i know, but some guys use bmtv as their only source for tv shows

PerMaFrOsT
04-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Especially with only 15 leechers and out of that I wonder how many partial seeders?:unsure:

Also interesting how the majority of people "thanking" the uploader aren't even listed as leechers.
What a joke.
I agree with you, this torrent was added 30 mins after the upload date and thatīs the results with an OVH Box:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1451/notratiobooster.jpg

So i suggest to download this torrent only if you love this TV Show and you have enough buffer ;)

Quarterquack
04-10-2010, 10:16 PM
can't say that bmtv is great.. it's decent, maybe... csi on blu-ray? hdbits
dexter? got it from hq-films. wire full seasons untouched? bithq. internal rips of wire? released at sdbits initially.... and so on.

about popular stuff - hard to believe i know, but some guys use bmtv as their only source for tv shows

All the shows you mentioned are mainstream shows that could be found ANYWHERE, even usenet. I'm sorry if I seem like the douchebag in the thread that goes out of his way to see shows nobody is interested in, but that's just me.

For example, for years, BMTV was the only tracker that had "Charmed" the complete collection (now places like BTN came along, and nobody even uploaded it till I mentioned it). And for years it remains the ONLY tracker with a whole pack of "Steven Spielberg Presents Taken", while no other tracker has as much as an episode. That's what I'm talking about. BMTV is a great repository, better than most people would think it is. So I'm sorry if I use it as such, and can't understand why someone would go to the greatest TV tracker (in my opinion) in order to get their fix of Lost or Heroes or CSI Miami/Florida/Afghanistan.

cinephilia
04-10-2010, 10:27 PM
just because they are hard to find doesn't mean they are non-mainstream material :happy:

THEBAR
04-10-2010, 10:29 PM
I think artificial ratio boosting adds to the allure of being in an elite tracker.

Quarterquack
04-10-2010, 11:37 PM
just because they are hard to find doesn't mean they are non-mainstream material :happy:

I can count on one hand the amount of people who (I know) that have even heard of Taken, let alone seen an episode of it.

Your point has been duly noted, though. :)

FreeCandy
04-11-2010, 12:13 AM

What a joke.
I agree with you, this torrent was added 30 mins after the upload date and thatīs the results with an OVH Box:

So i suggest to download this torrent only if you love this TV Show and you have enough buffer ;)

OMG guy with that box just failed :lol:

IdolEyes787
04-11-2010, 12:38 AM

I can count on one hand the amount of people who (I know) that have even heard of Taken, let alone seen an episode of it.

Your point has been duly noted, though. :)

Relatively speaking Taken was pretty big in Canada being filmed in BC it was allowed to circumvent some Canadian content laws and so got more than it's fair share of play on Space.

Sorry that doesn't really have anything to do with anything but I just didn't want "OMG guy with that box just failed :lol:" as the last post in this thread.:dry:

PerMaFrOsT
04-11-2010, 12:54 AM

OMG guy with that box just failed :lol:
Too much relases for and 250GB HDD box :happy: You have to learn to control your impulses. I will teach you if u need :naughty:

Rart
04-11-2010, 01:16 AM

I think this pretty much sums it up.

The peers on TVT are incredible. First off, there are far more seeders on the majority of torrents due to a much larger userbase, which means for older shows (and no, I don't mean the seedbox whores on newer shows, as why would you need BMTV if you're only looking for recent content) the retention and speeds will be far greater.

And I find that in most cases, many old season packs that I've been looking for (ie old seasons of Survivor) were on TVT but nowhere to be found on BMTV.

But most importantly, it is incredibly easy to maintain your "ratio" (or in this case, a credit system) at TVT. Those seasons that I downloaded are easily 6-10 years old and I was consistently surprised by the fact that people still constantly downloaded it (probably attributed to its massive userbase) and I easily made a 4+ ratio within a week or two on a home connection.

In my mind, there really is no question of which site is better.

FreeCandy
04-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Bitmetv with 0 free leech :angry:

PerMaFrOsT
04-11-2010, 01:27 AM

I think this pretty much sums it up.

The peers on TVT are incredible. First off, there are far more seeders on the majority of torrents due to a much larger userbase, which means for older shows (and no, I don't mean the seedbox whores on newer shows, as why would you need BMTV if you're only looking for recent content) the retention and speeds will be far greater.

And I find that in most cases, many old season packs that I've been looking for (ie old seasons of Survivor) were on TVT but nowhere to be found on BMTV.

But most importantly, it is incredibly easy to maintain your "ratio" (or in this case, a credit system) at TVT. Those seasons that I downloaded are easily 6-10 years old and I was consistently surprised by the fact that people still constantly downloaded it (probably attributed to its massive userbase) and I easily made a 4+ ratio within a week or two on a home connection.

In my mind, there really is no question of which site is better.
WoW, it sounds nice, i will do some research about TVT :lol:

Rart
04-11-2010, 01:30 AM
It's not quite as rare so apparently not many seem to think of it/aware of it as one of the best sources for TV content.

Makes me wonder where that huge userbase came from.

PerMaFrOsT
04-11-2010, 01:32 AM
It's not quite as rare so apparently not many seem to think of it/aware of it as one of the best sources for TV content.

Makes me wonder where that huge userbase came from.
So you think TVT itīs a little bit underestimated??

IdolEyes787
04-11-2010, 01:33 AM
BMTV pretty much died for me now that because of RSS and the like 1 sec after an episode shows up there are already 50 seeders.
I mean seriously because I don't want to autodownload or have enough of a life that I may actually not even want to download something until the next day:O ,am I a worse member ( even if I seed something forever statics seem to say I am ) than some idiot with a seedbox and mirc who probably never even bothers to watch the friggin' show?

So basically I can sit on my VIP ratio ,get stuff elsewhere and once in a blue moon download something that I get a sudden hankering for or fight a pointless and inevitably losing battle while actually attempting to make regular use of the site.
Not really a hard choice to make is it?

FreeCandy
04-11-2010, 02:11 AM
bmtv = Such a nice looking site ( i would say in top 3 for sure ), with really everything for TV and so hard to maintain ratio, i cant boost it even with dedicated box :lol: ...

Quarterquack
04-11-2010, 03:40 AM
So basically I can sit on my VIP ratio ,get stuff elsewhere and once in a blue moon download something that I get a sudden hankering for or fight a pointless and inevitably losing battle while actually attempting to make regular use of the site.
Not really a hard choice to make is it?

Not at all. If you read up ahead in this thread, you'll find I use it in exactly the same way. I don't feel like competing for long with ratio tycoons.

At any rate, at the expense of sounding like the true moron that I am, where would you truly suggest I get my normal fix for TV shows? I won't lie when I say at the moment I use SCC, and sparingly HDBits (I'd rather immortalize my favorite movies collection in higher quality, than TV series, speaking from a strict priority perspective).

I've heard TVT is good (for example Rart's good word in for it), but then again I've heard there's tvtorrents.ru or tvtorrentZ or dozens of weird names that I haven't kept up with. Which is truly the best substitute, or at least the place with the least amount of ratio tycoons? A review can only say so much about a place.

(PS This question isn't directed at idoleyes, more like at anyone reading)

Rart
04-11-2010, 03:53 AM
I've heard TVT is good (for example Rart's good word in for it), but then again I've heard there's tvtorrents.ru or tvtorrentZ or dozens of weird names that I haven't kept up with. Which is truly the best substitute, or at least the place with the least amount of ratio tycoons? A review can only say so much about a place.

I would still most certainly stick to TVT(.com).

TVT.ro (not ru, I don't think), at least in my mind, as a little too much freeleech, it seems that almost every other torrent there is freeleech, and you can see the effects that has on their torrents' lifetime (I was getting reseed requests in my inbox constantly).

TVTz, while in theory a great concept, with a great adoption system for keeping torrents alive, doesn't have nearly enough users to be called a true substitute for a bigger site like TVT or any other big 0day tracker.

I'm really surprised though at how little some people seem to know about the site though. Just by looking at the latest Lost episode, it has over 2500 seeders, on par with (and sometimes exceeding) the amount of seeds on the torrent at a behemoth such as TL. It makes me wonder where all those users came from and how that site is publicized.

Funkin'
04-11-2010, 04:21 AM
I've heard TVT is good (for example Rart's good word in for it),

I actually let my bmtv account go inactive about a year ago since I just didn't see a reason to hold onto anymore(especially since you have to compete with all the lame ratio whores/seedboxers). So Rart definitely isn't the only one that thinks TvT.com is the best tv tracker out there right now.

I'm sure you'll like the site if you give it a try.

Lovestoned
04-11-2010, 06:22 AM
I've heard TVT is good (for example Rart's good word in for it),

I actually let my bmtv account go inactive about a year ago since I just didn't see a reason to hold onto anymore(especially since you have to compete with all the lame ratio whores/seedboxers). So Rart definitely isn't the only one that thinks TvT.com is the best tv tracker out there right now.

I'm sure you'll like the site if you give it a try.

Same here, Funk.. I was really bored trying to maintain a ratio there..

But I guess I might happen to miss some of the stuffs that only happens to be available there..

P2PDog
04-11-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm really surprised though at how little some people seem to know about the site though. Just by looking at the latest Lost episode, it has over 2500 seeders, on par with (and sometimes exceeding) the amount of seeds on the torrent at a behemoth such as TL. It makes me wonder where all those users came from and how that site is publicized.

I think TVT.com gets most of it's publicity through word-of-mouth. It doesn't get much mention on invite sites, or isn't featured in trading posts, because it's not considered an "elite" site.

I've invited more people to TVT.com than all of my other trackers combined. Almost all of them are still active members there. I haven't invited nearly as many people to BMTV, but of those I have invited almost all of them are disabled, either from inactivity or ratio problems. BMTV is the one everyone covets but ends up treating as a trophy or only using it for rare content they can't find elsewhere. TVT.com is the one they actually use.

soulreaper
04-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Keeping a good ratio in bitmetv is an exercise in torrenting. They seem to be after donations since they barely ever have freeleech(more like never) and when they do they always say that freech/freeleech isn't for bitmetv. (Wtf does that even mean?).

But they do have some hard to find shows, which kindof sucks in a way cause it's risky to grab them in the first place!

That1Guy
04-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Are releases required to be unrar'd over at TvT? That is one of the reasons I use bmtv still (and btn now some). I know its not that hard to unrar, but I'm lazy so if I dont have to I dont want to.

PPPS next person who says partial seed gets bit right in the kisser.
Fucking wankers.
partial seed :P

puckface
04-11-2010, 05:18 PM
I agree with the alternate sites theory. But first of all trying to boost your ratio on BMTV with 1 torrent is a shit idea.

Back to alternate sites. I prefer tvt.ro (which does have freeleech on HD stuff, but I don't think its too much). A combination of that and TVT.com does a person well. Hell even BTN is better than BMTV nowadays.

The_Martinator
04-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Are releases required to be unrar'd over at TvT?

Yes.

About the OP, he just wants you to boost his ratio. :fst::fst:

X-Files
04-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Are releases required to be unrar'd over at TvT?

Yes.

About the OP, he just wants you to boost his ratio. :fst::fst:

+1. so true. its true! :naughty: