PDA

View Full Version : HDbits.org disabled, can anyone help please

octocom19
04-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi all

I have been using my hdbit.org account for years but for some reason it is now disabled. Can anyone help me get in contact with the site support? I tried connecting to irc channel but you need an invite.

thanks

octocom

OlegL
04-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Go to #hdbits.support and ask them why your account was disabled.

octocom19
04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Thank you OlegL, it seems they think I was cheating with using a proxy so there is no chance of getting my account back :-( been using it for years as well im gutted.

anon
04-12-2010, 01:28 PM
it seems they think I was cheating with using a proxy

Were you? :O

flacfloc
04-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Nodoby cheats. Ever.

ca_aok
04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Nah, it was obviously his brother's best friend's dog logged into his laptop with a proxy accidentally left turned on. The dog walked across the keys, accidentally started ratiomaster, and bam we have an unfair banning that we can come complain about at FST.

Sound about right? :whistling

greken24
04-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Nah, it was obviously his brother's best friend's dog logged into his laptop with a proxy accidentally left turned on. The dog walked across the keys, accidentally started ratiomaster, and bam we have an unfair banning that we can come complain about at FST.

Sound about right? :whistling
lol Ratiomaster FTW!!

octocom19
04-12-2010, 05:33 PM
no I had to use a proxy cause I got a letter from virgin media here in the uk warning me about my fileshareing, found some advice off the internet that a proxy should stop me getting any more letters. If I lost my virgin I would have to have adsl which is soooo slow

hotshot6473
04-12-2010, 05:44 PM
stop downloading off public trackers and you get letters anymore. You sure as hell didn't get one for dling from HDBits

anon
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
no I had to use a proxy cause I got a letter from virgin media here in the uk

Should have told their staff first. :ermm:

ca_aok
04-12-2010, 05:49 PM
If you're going to use a proxy or VPN or tunnel for a private torrent site you need to have a unique IP address from said proxy.

Doesn't explain the cheating though unless someone on your proxy with the same passkey and same exit node (I'm assuming you used a public proxy) was cheating on your account ;)

cinephilia
04-12-2010, 05:50 PM
be patient, i'll invite you to bit-hdtv when they'll reopen the invites.

octocom19
04-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks cinephilia,

I think I need to lern how to use proxys better, I think what happened is I used charron to find good proxys but when I tried to use one it would not work so I would try another one, im thinking maybe cause I kept trying proxys to find one that really worked maybe some did not timeout so left a connection?

Are these seedbox things anygood? maybe from what iv read it would be better

or seedbox which iv stared to read about?

anon
04-12-2010, 07:23 PM
I think I need to lern how to use proxys better, I think what happened is I used charron to find good proxys but when I tried to use one it would not work so I would try another one, im thinking maybe cause I kept trying proxys to find one that really worked maybe some did not timeout so left a connection?

You should know trackers don't like proxies, specially public ones. HDBits's rules (as well as lot of other sites') forbid them.

cinephilia
04-12-2010, 07:29 PM
don't ever use a proxy to log on your future bit-hdtv account!

octocom19
04-12-2010, 07:31 PM
yes I should have and iv learned the hard way :-(

I just got pointed in the direcion to use a proxy and just started using them without checking the rules or reading up very much.

never will cinephilia, I know what the end result will be, being kicked out.

are these seedboxs any good?

Sorry cinephilia forgot to ask, are seedboxs allowed at bit-hdtv if not I wont bother reading any more about them.