PDA

View Full Version : rutraker.org and WD HD TV

Aristocles
04-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Damn

Is there a way to close out choose the English Audio using WD HD TV Media Player? It's simple on VLC, GOM, etc. Checking the "options" on WD it merely states Audio 1 and I get the Russian voice over. I really like the site but I just got 17 Bogart movies and need to figure out if I can fix this to allow viewing on the WD, IF it's possible.

Thanks

puckface
04-11-2010, 07:26 PM
a. This is hardware related no? Go to the WD forums.
b. get a real media player

other than that Ive got nothing for you.

:)

Aristocles
04-11-2010, 07:57 PM

You know, I looked at the Hardware section and saw almost entirely closely related computer hardware. With an exception that mentioned a WD HD Media Player. Since I post mostly here and since it was related to a specific tracker, in my case, I posted here.

As for Western Digital forums, I'll look one over... and as far as a real media player, I take that as an attempt to be a smart ass. Doesn't work for the former but works quite well for the latter.

kukushka
04-11-2010, 08:07 PM
last option - you can remux files before feeding them to wd tv

puckface
04-11-2010, 08:10 PM

You know, I looked at the Hardware section and saw almost entirely closely related computer hardware. With an exception that mentioned a WD HD Media Player. Since I post mostly here and since it was related to a specific tracker, in my case, I posted here.

As for Western Digital forums, I'll look one over... and as far as a real media player, I take that as an attempt to be a smart ass. Doesn't work for the former but works quite well for the latter.

yes I am frequently a smart ass, but theres always a bit of truth in my jokes.. but from the WD Firmware release

"Added language display for the audio track; previously “Audio: 1/3” was displayed; now the
name of the language is displayed when available within the file where multiple language audio
tracks are present for example: (English 1/3, French 2/3, etc…)"

so from what I can gather when you you hit 'Option' there should be more than one choice of language like 1/3,2/3 and 3/3 if there is more than one language.. if youre only getting 1/1 then theres only 1 language that the box sees... if thats the case a remux may be in order or a firmware upgrade.

Aristocles
04-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Firmware it is!

puckface
04-11-2010, 08:37 PM
btw I typed "wd hd media player language" in google to get all that info

Aristocles
04-11-2010, 09:05 PM
btw I typed "wd hd media player language" in google to get all that info

Wow! Amazing stuff, there. I prefer smart asses do such tasks for me, thanks. :)