PDA

View Full Version : rutracker.org RG Apple

flacfloc
04-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Hello.

I see there are lots of torrent releases that go with the seal "RG Apple", mainly for discographies (Дискография), and they all come in ALAC codec (lossless).

As I can't read russian and the translation sounds so weird, I'd like to ask why none of the RG Apple torrents come with a log/cue to check its integrity. Maybe they are bought directly from the store (iTunes)? Does apple even sell albums in a lossless codec (as it would mean almost selling "physically" the disk)?

I'm really a fan of the lossless log/cue releases, so as to check them against AccurateRip database to stay sure they have been ripped securely. But none of the torrents from the RG Apple at rutracker.org I downloaded went with a log/cue file (just the track files in *.m4a format). So, is there anyway to check them?

Thanks!
Cheers.

aen
04-12-2010, 05:25 PM
To be honest with ya, rutracker.org isn't the best place for proper music. There are a lot of fake releases.

cinephilia
04-12-2010, 05:52 PM
To be honest with ya, rutracker.org isn't the best place for proper music. There are a lot of fake releases.
that's definitely not true - except if you were talking about Demonoid.

ca_aok
04-12-2010, 05:56 PM
I dunno about fakes (though there are definitely transcodes aplenty), but often the files, even when ripped with EAC, are using terrible settings. Range/image rips, no Test&Copy, using Burst mode, not correctly setting your drive offset (happens less than it used to now that AccurateRip autosets this value in 0.99pb4/5), etc.

They certainly have quite the selection though. It just depends on how anal you want to get about your rip quality. In most cases they still beat out MP3 (people tend to forget that an improperly ripped FLAC is still miles ahead quality wise).