PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2 - Lod

Ynhockey
10-26-2003, 11:07 AM
Well, I've just installed LOD v1.07 but forgot that my D2 game.exe was cracked so it (just this file) didn't install... therefore the damn game doesn't work :(

Maybe it's not just that, but any way i try, i can't get it to work... when i tried to patch to 1.09d it told me that d2client.dll didn't match (version), and a v1.09d cracked game.exe doesn't work either.

The thing that really sucks is that i don't have the original d2 CDs... so now i can't play the original d2 either :(

Can anyway tell me how to uninstall just the expansion or maybe find a solution to my problem - maybe a cracked v1.07 exe ?

Any help appreciated :)

Ynhockey
10-26-2003, 11:11 AM
By the way, what happens is as follows:

The game loads, the cinematics, then the screen, I can even create a new character (LOD), but when i launch the game with any character (any act) it crashes to the desktop.

I'm using WinXP with a fairly good comp (waaaay higher than what d2 requires), tried using both DirectDraw and Direct3D.

RedRival
10-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Ynhockey@26 October 2003 - 12:11
By the way, what happens is as follows:

The game loads, the cinematics, then the screen, I can even create a new character (LOD), but when i launch the game with any character (any act) it crashes to the desktop.

I'm using WinXP with a fairly good comp (waaaay higher than what d2 requires), tried using both DirectDraw and Direct3D.
what error message did you get? Try deleting all your saved games/characters for a start.

Ynhockey
10-26-2003, 11:40 AM
I don't get any error message... it just crashes to the desktop.

EDIT:

YES! It worked after removing all the characters... but now i'm facing another problem - i spent DAYS building up my previous 2 chars... of course i backed them up, but won't restoring them cause this problem again ? I hope not...

Anyway, thx :) I'll play around with it and see what can be done...

Wolfmight
10-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Did you get the actual CD Images?
I did, then i upgraded to version 1.09d.. used Daemon Toolz cd emulation+those cd check enhancer features.
Runs fine.