PDA

View Full Version : Good idea letting user to choose what they want...

prasannab13
04-13-2010, 03:28 PM
I found today that tracker torrentcity.ro has put three options for the user to select a torrent for download.....
1.Normal slot
2.Freeleech slot
3.Double seed slot

In many trackers,there will be some freeleech torrents as per site rules and in some other we can ask for freeleech but this new option letting user to choose what they want will be great use for the user...

anon
04-13-2010, 05:56 PM
If everything was or could be made freeleech by the user there'd be no sense in keeping a good ratio.

Quarterquack
04-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Why is the normal slot option even there, then? Sorry if this makes me sound like a terrible, terrible leech, but I do have a terrible connection, and ratio IS often a problem for me.

ca_aok
04-13-2010, 07:03 PM
On most other sites with this concept, you earn these freeleech slots through bonus points or other criteria. Because you only have a finite number of them, you'd generally save them for specific downloads, hence the presence of the "Normal Slot".

Quarterquack
04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm on a couple of sites that use the freeleech slot system, however that seems that this isn't the case here. It seems like they're allowing any user to pick any kind of slot on any torrent, or am I misunderstanding something here?

freedom
04-15-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm on a couple of sites that use the freeleech slot system, however that seems that this isn't the case here. It seems like they're allowing any user to pick any kind of slot on any torrent, or am I misunderstanding something here?

I think there are different rules that you need to respect based on your option. For example if you have choose to download the torrent with the freeleech slot option then you have to seed back the torrent for a specific period of time or something like that. If you pick up other download option there could be other rules you need to respect and so on.
It's only a suppose, at least that's how i see they could implement this system and in the same time to be reliable for a private tracker or maybe they dont care too much about the ratio system and only want to get more peers.

spring62
04-18-2010, 02:46 AM
There shall be a HnR rule or something like that...or if the freeleech slots are rare, it's ok too, I think.