PDA

View Full Version : I Just Found Out Why People Don't Share!

PietPompies
10-26-2003, 07:50 PM
:angry:
I wondered why people don't share files with other, after all isn't this what it's all about?

I found out a few minutes ago, some spotty faced, fucking dickhead, who probably gets his kicks wanking in front of his computer, just hacked into my system and started something like 50 uploads going at the same time.

It's the last time there will ever be 50 files to upload, from now on, I'll reduce it to just a few.

It's clever little assholes like this who spoil everything for everyone, so go and fuck yourself you cretin, hope you are satisfied

Rat Faced
10-26-2003, 07:55 PM
Why did you leave that many upload slots open?

You control the number of uploads, not the guys downloading....

cosmic doobie
10-26-2003, 07:55 PM
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/raisebrow.gif

Before you even think about disabling sharing files I'd think about tightening up your security.
Also reduce the number of uploads allowed.

PietPompies
10-26-2003, 08:15 PM
I have a 64K upload connection, Uploads were limited to TWO, when the entire network decided to CRAWL, I checked everything. Uploads were still on TWO but there were more than 50 files (I was sharing about 55 files) busy trying to upload and whilst I was watching more started up.

I tried to close down the system and it was so slow that by the time I had shut it down, every single file was uploading, but they were all uploading to the SAME user - [email protected].

When I finally got it shut down, I checked the files on the entire system for Virii, - there were none. We don't have a huge firewall, because we don't keep anything of interest to anyone on this network which has the connection to the Internet for Kazaa and email.

SOME TWAT HACKED MY SYSTEM and I won't tolerate that from ANYONE. I don't have the time, patience or inclination to fuck around with MS Proxy or ISA Server and it's not a big system connected to the net anyway. Thus I'll still share, but only about 6 files at a time, then if the same twat or someone else hacks in, it won't crash my system if only 6 are trying to upload!

If it happens again. I just stop sharing - FULL STOP.

Mr AnDy D
10-26-2003, 08:17 PM
yea people who share are important, there is always something you can do about those hackers....

Wizzandabe
10-26-2003, 09:20 PM
He never hacked oyu did he though. :P

Sparkle1984
10-26-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by PietPompies@26 October 2003 - 19:15
I have a 64K upload connection, Uploads were limited to TWO, when the entire network decided to CRAWL, I checked everything. Uploads were still on TWO but there were more than 50 files (I was sharing about 55 files) busy trying to upload and whilst I was watching more started up.

I tried to close down the system and it was so slow that by the time I had shut it down, every single file was uploading, but they were all uploading to the SAME user - [email protected].

When I finally got it shut down, I checked the files on the entire system for Virii, - there were none. We don't have a huge firewall, because we don't keep anything of interest to anyone on this network which has the connection to the Internet for Kazaa and email.

SOME TWAT HACKED MY SYSTEM and I won't tolerate that from ANYONE. I don't have the time, patience or inclination to fuck around with MS Proxy or ISA Server and it's not a big system connected to the net anyway. Thus I'll still share, but only about 6 files at a time, then if the same twat or someone else hacks in, it won't crash my system if only 6 are trying to upload!

If it happens again. I just stop sharing - FULL STOP.
6 is fine though I think.

Remember To Share
10-26-2003, 11:13 PM
There was one time where I had over 30 uploads going (some were the same username) and my system slowed down so much it crashed. After that, I decided to put a limit on the maximum number of uploads. Since then, everything has been ok :)

Rat Faced
10-26-2003, 11:45 PM
We don't have a huge firewall, because we don't keep anything of interest to anyone on this network which has the connection to the Internet for Kazaa and email.

:o

You should always have a decent firewall...

I recommend Zone Alarm 4 Pro....

muchspl2
10-26-2003, 11:47 PM
no one to blame but your self, ignorance is not a excuse
[/truth]

wormless
10-26-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@26 October 2003 - 23:45

We don't have a huge firewall, because we don't keep anything of interest to anyone on this network which has the connection to the Internet for Kazaa and email.

or norton

endezeichen
10-26-2003, 11:49 PM
why do you keep bitchin about it???? Who cares???... i don't.
btw- your not fooling anyone... there is no hacker who would waste his time dling files for no reason. And if it really did happen(which it probably didn't) thats one lame ass hacker. :lol:

twisterX
10-27-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by cosmic doobie@26 October 2003 - 19:55
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/raisebrow.gif

Before you even think about disabling sharing files I'd think about tightening up your security.
Also reduce the number of uploads allowed.
thats what you should do

3RA1N1AC
10-27-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by PietPompies@26 October 2003 - 11:50
so go and fuck yourself you cretin, hope you are satisfied
do you think the guy you're mad at will actually read this?

jfm
10-27-2003, 05:04 AM
Hackers/Crackers don't dld your shared files

Auburn_Tygaz
10-27-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by PietPompies@26 October 2003 - 19:50
I wondered why people don't share files with other, after all isn't this what it's all about?

I found out a few minutes ago, some spotty faced, fucking dickhead, who probably gets his kicks wanking in front of his computer, just hacked into my system and started something like 50 uploads going at the same time.

It's the last time there will ever be 50 files to upload, from now on, I'll reduce it to just a few.

It's clever little assholes like this who spoil everything for everyone, so go and fuck yourself you cretin, hope you are satisfied
Damn man, don't have an anneurism over there, no one hacked into your PC, you just got singled out perhaps. What happened is that you don't have the user listing feature disabled. Go to options then you can select whether or not users can get a list of all files you're sharing and just uncheck it; problem solved

nanotek
10-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by wormless+26 October 2003 - 23:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wormless @ 26 October 2003 - 23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@26 October 2003 - 23:45

We don&#39;t have a huge firewall, because we don&#39;t keep anything of interest to anyone on this network which has the connection to the Internet for Kazaa and email.

or norton [/b][/quote]
try sygate :)

muchspl2
10-27-2003, 08:01 PM
I have a feeling he rather just bitch and chance it, like the person will read this and be like whoa, don&#39;t want him to stop sharing and quit, witch really makes no sense, if he was violated, you don&#39;t have to share anything, for someone to grab anything from is network that they wanted

Person
10-27-2003, 08:27 PM
Are you sure you hadn&#39;t only just opened kazaa & therefore were NOT connected to the network as when you have open kazaa at first it lets unlimited uploads come through until you are connected to a supernode ie, when it says username@kazaa rather than connecting...

internet.news
10-28-2003, 01:06 AM
Let me tell you: there are always extraordinary people :(
ok that is sad that he does not share although he is just human and my experience
taught me that I cannot expect anything of other people alhtough this is sad fact.
but I try to be opened :) But what really make more concerned that he hacked in
your computer - I think that is not correct in my eyes... In some ways you have some rights...

thanks anyway, david. ~nice dreams... I wish I could have 50 slots opened, but
at my dialup isdn 64k I would never could make this experience , but ok: i have
1 slots upload opened when I am downloading also, and 2-4 slots when nothing downloading... and leaving computer alone...

ZaZu
10-28-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by nanotek+27 October 2003 - 19:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nanotek &#064; 27 October 2003 - 19:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by wormless@26 October 2003 - 23:48
<!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@26 October 2003 - 23:45

We don&#39;t have a huge firewall, because we don&#39;t keep anything of interest to anyone on this network which has the connection to the Internet for Kazaa and email.

or norton
try sygate :)[/b][/quote]
Free ZoneAlarm (http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.jsp)

tamtam
10-28-2003, 04:06 AM
Does anyone know how to get zone alarm for free. pretty please

ScotchGuy
10-28-2003, 04:17 AM
Look up.

muchspl2
10-28-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by tamtam@28 October 2003 - 05:06
Does anyone know how to get zone alarm for free. pretty please
http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/pics/cantseeshit.jpg

ScotchGuy
10-28-2003, 05:40 AM
Heh, you can say that again. Tamtam even felt the need to PM me so I could clarify, I don&#39;t know how to clarify it any more.

muchspl2
10-28-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by ScotchGuy@28 October 2003 - 06:40
Heh, you can say that again. Tamtam even felt the need to PM me so I could clarify, I don&#39;t know how to clarify it any more.
TO FUNNY, and I thought i would go all day without laughing

Neo 721
10-28-2003, 08:09 PM
I would be happy to share if anyone could get a decent connection from me , as iam 56K i cant even connect now. But about the security thing just get a firewall like Zonelabs or blackice and set them to Paranoid or stealth mode. then use subseven and injest a maco into his system.

muchspl2
10-28-2003, 10:54 PM
don&#39;t recommend people to spread Trojans, WTF
I run programs to catch scrip kiddies like yourself, it tell me ALL your pertinent info
I say don&#39;t fuck with people and they won&#39;t fuck with you

reservebox
10-29-2003, 03:26 PM
try getting some firewall if your getting hacked.

ang3r
10-30-2003, 03:37 AM
I Just Found Out Why People Don&#39;t Share

well, i only leave 3 slots open, and cap my upload speed at 15kb. and only share for the first 2 weeks of every month.

i think you people are smart enough to figure out why i dont share for the full month.

ang3r
10-30-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Neo 721@28 October 2003 - 20:09
I would be happy to share if anyone could get a decent connection from me , as iam 56K i cant even connect now. But about the security thing just get a firewall like Zonelabs or blackice and set them to Paranoid or stealth mode. then use subseven and injest a maco into his system.
it doesnt matter if your on 56k, you still should share, because downloading from 10 56k&#39;s is better then 1 braodbander with a capped upload speed.

so pelase even if your dialup, plz share.

Switeck
10-30-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by ang3r@29 October 2003 - 22:37

I Just Found Out Why People Don&#39;t Share

well, i only leave 3 slots open, and cap my upload speed at 15kb. and only share for the first 2 weeks of every month.

i think you people are smart enough to figure out why i dont share for the full month.
If your max upload bandwidth is only 15-16 KB/sec then you&#39;d be able to upload more bytes by sharing at the reduced speed of 8 KB/sec instead of 15 KB/sec and sharing for 4 weeks per month.

Near a connection&#39;s max upload speed, more data must be resent due to being &#39;throttled&#39; by your ISP -- thus incurring the bandwidth costs for the resent parts multiple times&#33;

BawA
10-30-2003, 06:25 AM
Here in ma country Most people All most every one using P2p think&#39;s
Upload bandwiht = DownLoad bandwiht

so the main reason of there not sharing is that they dont know about bandwiht and they keep cancling there upload so mybe there d/l&#39;s speed increase :lol:

Adster
10-30-2003, 11:00 AM
umm the post is called "I Just Found Out Why People Don&#39;t Share&#33;"

someoen hacked your puter ok that sux but what has that got to do with ppl who dont share??

your saying that ppl dont share coz thre scared of being hacked??

if your scared of getitng hacked don&#39;t use the f*cking internet plain and simple you cna get hacked by just browsing the net let alon eP2P

Cyril
10-30-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by PietPompies@26 October 2003 - 19:50
I wondered why people don&#39;t share files with other, after all isn&#39;t this what it&#39;s all about?

It&#39;s the last time there will ever be 50 files to upload, from now on, I&#39;ll reduce it to just a few.

It&#39;s clever little assholes like this who spoil everything for everyone, so go and fuck yourself you cretin, hope you are satisfied
Might want to check you settings mate. Options/Kazaa Lite K++ Options/Advanced, now make sure the box that says "extra upload bandwidth when computer is idle" is unchecked.